ADVERTISEMENT

Your Favorite Team

Naz beats Cardinal Ritter in a game much closer than @crusader_of_90 would lead you to believe.

Why? Naz coaching staff has the edge and will have their similarly talented team more prepared week 1. Also Naz doesn’t have to travel 5 hours.

JCA = IDK

St Rita should have a good team this year and are playing at home. It would be a tough victory for the Hilltoppers if they can win.

St Rita will be favored. The line would look something like: JCA + 6.5 @ St Rita -6.5

I have to do my research on Proviso West. I hear they're fast and athletic so it could be a battle. I'll have a preview closer to week 1.

Reactions: i011763
JCA = IDK

St Rita should have a good team this year and are playing at home. It would be a tough victory for the Hilltoppers if they can win.

St Rita will be favored. The line would look something like: JCA + 6.5 @ St Rita -6.5
State champs vs a team that finished the regular season 3-6? 1st sandbag of the season?

State champs vs a team that finished the regular season 3-6? 1st sandbag of the season?
I wish that were true. JCA lost big to graduation and there were only around 11-12 juniors on Varsity last year. They have some good talent in the pipeline, but unless we can dominate with a ton of juniors and sophs this year, we may have to settle for rebuilding.

JCA will be very young in 2019.

I wish that were true. JCA lost big to graduation and there were only around 11-12 juniors on Varsity last year. They have some good talent in the pipeline, but unless we can dominate with a ton of juniors and sophs this year, we may have to settle for rebuilding.

JCA will be very young in 2019.
Well good luck on the season. By playoffs I think you'll be right there.

CG Trojans. I don’t know enough yet to predict what they’ll do. Lots of shoes to fill. CL South gave them a run for their money last season opener.

Reactions: CGsupporter
MC is playing Gary Calumet and I don't know much about them outside of they are coached by a MC alum and former coach and were decent last year. That being said I'm guessing MC should get the W at the opening of their home field.

Palatine upsets St Charles North. SCN searches for it's offense in the post Nubin era, while Palatine introduces the high school football watching world to a very talented junior class, who puts 30+ up on the board.

MC is playing Gary Calumet and I don't know much about them outside of they are coached by a MC alum and former coach and were decent last year. That being said I'm guessing MC should get the W at the opening of their home field.
Running Clock

Reactions: McCaravan
How much did IC graduate? How much did Althoff lose via transfer? Gotta see who is left to make a prediction about this game.
EDGY's Early Take: Head coach Bill Krefft and his staff have been on a serious roll. The Knights are seeking their fourth straight IHSA state football title. Senior QB Danny Cronin transferred in from Fenwick this past spring and brings instant experience under center. Junior RB Kyle Franklin is already one of the most productive backs in the state over the past two seasons. If the offensive line can gel sooner rather than later look for the Knights to challenge for another IHSA state title. The Week 4 date at Bishop Mac will provide a lot of intrigue, but the Metro Suburban Blue in general could potentially be an even better race this fall-- on top of what was an already-strong 2018 conference title chase.

Playboymix
Why will they beat the Griffins out home?
Why all down hill from the there?
Interesting take do tell.

The first game is against McCluer North whom they beat 63-0 last year. McCluer North is not a football school and that's putting it very nicely. Edwardsville will lose to CBC and ESL by a very wide margin. I suspect that Eville will lose to Dekalb, Vianney and Belleville West as well, but not by as wide of a margin as CBC and ESL. Alton, Belleville East and O'Fallon will probably all be a toss up. Edwardsville has a stud running back, but that's about all that they will have on offense. No decent wide receivers or quarterback (last year's back up QB quit a few weeks ago). All defenses have to do is focus all of their attention on the RB. Defensively, Edwardsville will likely be decent, but nothing special. As I've stated in other threads, this year as well as the next few years will likely be down years for Eville. Eville typically has low turn outs for football compared to similar size schools, but those turnouts are getting lower and lower. Many of the best athletes just aren't playing football (or basketball).

I think Neuqua gets a tough game from GBN in Carol Stream to Open the season. Our firepower on O should help us win a tougher game than many expect from an 0-9 team in 2018.

Then it gets tough:
@Stevie
Home ESL
Home DeKalb
@WV
Home Central

I am so freaking intrigued by Wilmington's fist week game..........Evergreen Park was a 5a quarterfinal team that finished the season at 7-5. That being said they had two forfeit wins in the regular season and their two playoff wins did not look to be exceptionally strong. They fell to Montini in the quarters.

A school with double the enrollment and a little playoff experience should pose to be a challenge for the cats. It's at home and I think that plays a huge factor. EP will have never seen an environment like this and it may be a little intimidating. I also think that Reents is as good a coach as you will see in the state. I will give the homer edge to Wilmo but it would not surprise me if they lost. Expect a knock down drag out game.

Reactions: Gene K.
Wilmington by two scores! EP was not very impressive against Montini last year but has a very good QB. Wilmington is well coached, always has good athletes and with this game being in Wilmington, I don't foresee an upset by EP.

Palatine upsets St Charles North. SCN searches for it's offense in the post Nubin era, while Palatine introduces the high school football watching world to a very talented junior class, who puts 30+ up on the board.
And Flynn being an ex-offensive coordinator for PHS

Bent opens with Naperville North and I see them losing that game.

Why - Benet defensive backfield is exposed like last year.

MC rolls week 1 before entering the gauntlet that is weeks 2-5 (@Maine South; vs Montini; vs LA).

Nazareth wins because Marcus Griffin is likely hungry. Very hungry.

Batavia
Saturday Week 1 TripAdvisor
1:30pm = Maine South @ Glenbard West
4:00pm = Cardinal Ritter @ Nazareth Academy
7:30pm = East St. Louis @ Batavia
I don't think I could handle a slit-triple-header, but those 3 games would be a sweet way to cap off an opening weekend.

I like any team who fields a football team but any ex Illini 8 & Sica teams are my favorite & include St.Laurence & the non Sica Lincoln Ways on that

Wilmington by two scores! EP was not very impressive against Montini last year but has a very good QB. Wilmington is well coached, always has good athletes and with this game being in Wilmington, I don't foresee an upset by EP.

I hope so! I’m not scared of EP, I just hope Wilmo is better than last years team. If they are more like a traditional Reents squad they will be fine...What about the second week....@oak lawn

Reactions: Gene K.
Wilmington will work over both EP and Oak Lawn. Two good wins to start the year

We shall see! So just a hypothetical....if EP and Oak Lawn joined Wilmington’s conference this year, where would they end up record wise? ......just curious about how they would stack up....I’m assuming Wilmo is top two or three in conference.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT