ADVERTISEMENT

WWS vs. WN

These games have been extremely tight the last few years, WWS has improved and I think WN has taken a step back. If the Tigers can avoid shooting themselves in the foot and that’s a big if I think they win by a TD.

Reactions: dapiech
20-17 final solid win for the Tigers. WN scored with 50 seconds left but couldn’t recover the onside kick. The balance of power has switched back to South they should win the next 5 years against WN after this year, the Falcons are done.

Reactions: prince_of_pilfer
20-17 final solid win for the Tigers. WN scored with 50 seconds left but couldn’t recover the onside kick. The balance of power has switched back to South they should win the next 5 years against WN after this year, the Falcons are done.
Why is that? What’s changed?

Why is that? What’s changed?
Talent WN has had the talent advantage for the last 6-7 years or so and have pulled out 4-5 wins but now the the talent gap at the lower levels and middle school levels is large and it favors WWS largely. WWS sophs have 3 kids on varsity and were up 28-0 in the 2nd qtr it’s really the best class WWS has had in the last 15 years they are special.

"it’s really the best class WWS has had in the last 15 years they are special."
Clown:

You've been saying the same for the past decade. At the beginning of every season for nearly ten years, you've come on here trumpeting how talented WWS is and how "it's going to be a very special year for WWS."

Half the time WWS has ended up 2-7.

Clown:

You've been saying the same for the past decade. At the beginning of every season for nearly ten years, you've come on here trumpeting how talented WWS is and how "it's going to be a very special year for WWS."

Half the time WWS has ended up 2-7.
I’ve said it for two classes the one class was the Covid that should have been SRs last year, those kids transferred out and are playing in the SEC as freshman, had they stayed WWS would have been the real deal last year instead of 2-7. The other teams I’ve pumped up finished 10-2 and lost in the quarters. You are just pissed since your buddy was a WN guy but enjoy the prison rape they are going to get over the next few years.

LA Soph class was solid and beat the WWS Soph team this year if they stick around they should be a state contender.

Reactions: prince_of_pilfer
I’ve said it for two classes the one class was the Covid that should have been SRs last year, those kids transferred out and are playing in the SEC as freshman, had they stayed WWS would have been the real deal last year instead of 2-7. The other teams I’ve pumped up finished 10-2 and lost in the quarters. You are just pissed since your buddy was a WN guy but enjoy the prison rape they are going to get over the next few years.

LA Soph class was solid and beat the WWS Soph team this year if they stick around they should be a state contender.

Clown:

You've mistakenly and ridiculously heightened the expectations for WWS more than twice over the last decade and to your, and excuse the bon mot, beclowning. COVID? Transfers? These don't even qualify as deflections; they are the excuses of a deluded mind. It's a poor workman who blames his tools, Clown.

As far as "my buddy was a WN guy," well, you will have to unravel the mystery around this.

Tell you what, why don't you and I agree to a wager on your projection WWS defeats WN over the next five years? You seem quite confident in your prediction WN will suffer five consecutive "prison rapes" at the hands of WWS. Would $100 be reasonable?

Clown:

You've mistakenly and ridiculously heightened the expectations for WWS more than twice over the last decade and to your, and excuse the bon mot, beclowning. COVID? Transfers? These don't even qualify as deflections; they are the excuses of a deluded mind. It's a poor workman who blames his tools, Clown.

As far as "my buddy was a WN guy," well, you will have to unravel the mystery around this.

Tell you what, why don't you and I agree to a wager on your projection WWS defeats WN over the next five years? You seem quite confident in your prediction WN will suffer five consecutive "prison rapes" at the hands of WWS. Would $100 be reasonable?
I guess losing a QB who is currently at Auburn and losing his back up to expulsion are things that wouldn’t hurt most teams right? WWS has certainly been down but they have had big take talents who have either been suspended or thrown out of the program over the last few years few years and you have to respect it since they haven’t placed winning as the number 1 priority which sucks but is also admirable. The numbers are down but the talent is moving up for WWS and WN is struggling big time after this year. WN is a very solid program but the talent edge they have held on the Tigers for a long time is gone after this year and they know it. Make it $500 and I’ll take your stupid bet.

I guess losing a QB who is currently at Auburn and losing his back up to expulsion are things that wouldn’t hurt most teams right? WWS has certainly been down but they have had big take talents who have either been suspended or thrown out of the program over the last few years few years and you have to respect it since they haven’t placed winning as the number 1 priority which sucks but is also admirable. The numbers are down but the talent is moving up for WWS and WN is struggling big time after this year. WN is a very solid program but the talent edge they have held on the Tigers for a long time is gone after this year and they know it. Make it $500 and I’ll take your stupid bet.

Clown:

If you seek out excuses, and yours are excuses, then WWS has endured a few hardships. Nevertheless, transfers are simply one of the trials any football program endures in the modern era. Let's not place WWS in some rarified tier simply because you are invested in the school.

As far as the suspensions and dismissals from the program, the fact disciplinary measures have included suspensions and dismissals is revealing. From one perspective, it says WWS has installed a mechanism for addressing misbehavior for those involved with the program. This, of course, is praiseworthy. However, it also demonstrates some troubled student-athletes or low-character individuals are associated with WWS' program.

I noticed you didn't elaborate on your earlier remark I have some "buddy" who is a "WN guy." Was this an oversight on your part or did you dodge it because it was utter nonsense?

I am pleased with your willingness to accept my wager on WWS-WN. Since you are, once again, brandishing the same overconfidence you have with your non-stop, decade-long prognostication WWS is due for a "very special" year, why not agree to, say, a $1,000 bet?

those kids transferred out and are playing in the SEC as freshman, had they stayed WWS would have been the real deal last year.

WWS players are playing in the SEC?

To your point, the WWS sophs won 35-8.

Clown has been on this board for quite a while. I think he's evaluated WWS very fairly during his time. He has not called every team "special" for the past decade but instead stated what they'll need to do in order to make that season special.

WN has had some great teams over the last few years no doubt (State Champion) but before that WWS pistol whipped them for about 20 years straight. Time will tell if the pendulum has swung to the South side.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT