ADVERTISEMENT

WSC

mc140

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Rough opening week. 5-4 teams may have some serious issues looking down the road.

Hinsdale Central W
Glenbard West L
OPRF L
Lyons L
York L
DGN L
Proviso West L

Proviso E W (Ended 35 game losing streak)
Willowbrook W
Morton L
Hinsdale S L
DGS L
Leyden L
Addison Trail L

Not a strong conference this year. Expect them all to be home by week 11

I thought OPRF was a pretty solid team. I could see them making the playoffs, but don’t know about making it to week 11. Haven’t seen enough teams yet - but if this were last year given the right draw they could have gotten out of round one in 2017 I think.

They need to work on their punting game a bit but they had a very nice 40+ yard field goal and their QB and RBs were very good in the running game. They hit a few passes when they needed to throw at the end of the game - but airing it out does not look to be what they want to make a livIng on. Their D was very solid in the front 7 against the run - but they were stacking the box a bit daring WV to go to the air.

Reactions: kitty_bintingot
Rough opening week. 5-4 teams may have some serious issues looking down the road.

York L
L

Poor Angry Dave! Hopefully he had a couple of Duke specials to balance out all the highballs at the VFW post game!

Poor showing last night, granted. But here is an argument that might cushion the blow: 6 of the 11 losses were one possession losses (York, OPRF, Leyden, HS, Morton and AT), plus an 11pt loss by LT. A one possession game is a competitive game. So it can't be said that the WSC wasn't competitive last night.

Also, not sure much can be said about it but, fwiw, the combined record of 2018 wk 1 WSC opponents in the 2017 season was 92-55.

Hinsdale Central is pretty damn solid.

Yes - NC is no slouch team they just beat last nite. I’m sure GBW will be fine and OPRF will be dangerous as well. The WSC at the top will be fine.

At the bottom of the silver and especially the Gold is where you have some breather/cupcake games that make the conference easier to navigate than a few other conferences out there and that’s where the question marks come in when there are not quality non con games to look at.

This year the WSC across multiple teams stepped up itheir non con scheduling and it wasn’t just the two usual suspects stepping up in non con (GBW and HC). The WSC teams should be given kudus for that and encouraged to continue it and not let a handful of competitive losses against quality opponents derail that in my opinion.

Will be interesting to see how next week unfolds with NC and LWE duking it out. Man talk about a brutal schedule for NC!! Even if they go 0-2 to start I will say they will be the best 0-2 team in the state with that first 2 game schedule!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT