ADVERTISEMENT

WSC Wk 7 Pick 'em

RD_Watcher

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2019
Week 7 - The week of the - most likely - "In's" and "Out's".

On the Gold side, Addison Trail is in position to get win number 5 this week and punch their ticket. Willowbrook is also in postion to get win 5, but will be in a tougher game against OPRF.

In the Silver, York and DGN are both in, while both LT and Glenbard West will very likely get there - if not this week, over the next two.

The WSC is projecting to have 7 of 14 teams in the playoffs. Then again, what do I know? I have the worst pick 'em record of participants who have played all 7 weeks. I'm even behind someone who missed week 1.

This week's games are below.

Wk 7 October 6
Morton (1-5) @ Addison Trail (4-2)
Hinsdale South (2-4) @ Proviso East (1-5)
Leyden (2-4) @ Downers Grove South (3-3)
Oak Park-River Forest (1-5) @ Willowbrook (4-2)
Downers Grove North (5-1) @ Lyons Township (4-2)
Glenbard West (4-2) @ York (6-0)
Hinsdale Central (1-5) @ Proviso West (0-6)

Addison Trail
Hinsdale South
Downers South
Willowbrook
Downers North
York
Hinsdale Central

On the Gold side, Addison Trail is in position to get win number 5 this week and punch their ticket. Willowbrook is also in postion to get win 5, but will be in a tougher game against OPRF.

In the Silver, York and DGN are both in, while both LT and Glenbard West will very likely get there - if not this week, over the next two.

The WSC is projecting to have 7 of 14 teams in the playoffs. Then again, what do I know? I have the worst pick 'em record of participants who have played all 7 weeks. I'm even behind someone who missed week 1.

Wk 7 October 6
AT
HS
DGS
WB
DGN
Y
HC

Reactions: RD_Watcher

Wk 7 October 6
Addison Trail needs 6 wins to get in low playoff points. They have 16 points going into this weekend.

Addison Trail by 3
Hinsdale South by 35
Downers Grove South by 37
Willowbrook by 7
Downers Grove North by 3
York by 14
Hinsdale Central by 44

Addison Trail (4-2)
Hinsdale South (2-4)
Downers Grove South (3-3)
Willowbrook (4-2)
Lyons Township (4-2)
York (6-0)
Hinsdale Central (1-5)

Addison Trail - but…Mustangs possible upset?
Hinsdale South - Hornets sting the Pirates
DGS - Let’s go Eagles! You can do it!
Lyons Township - I like DGN, but LT needs this…
York - wouldn’t mind a Hilltopper win though
Hinsdale Central - Are the Proviso’s combining for 2024?

The hometown Warriors of Willowbrook take the W against the Huskies of OPRF in only their 3rd home game of the year. Fall weather has arrived and the boys of autumn are ready in Villa Park!

Addison Trail
Hinsdale South
Downers Grove South
Willowbrook
Downers Grove North
York
HC

Addison Trail - but…Mustangs possible upset?
Hinsdale South - Hornets sting the Pirates
DGS - Let’s go Eagles! You can do it!
Lyons Township - I like DGN, but LT needs this…
York - wouldn’t mind a Hilltopper win though
Hinsdale Central - Are the Proviso’s combining for 2024?

The hometown Warriors of Willowbrook take the W against the Huskies of OPRF in only their 3rd home game of the year. Fall weather has arrived and the boys of autumn are ready in Villa Park!
Dont see the Blazers beating DGS week 9

Addison Trail
Hinsdale South
Downers Grove South
Willowbrook (4-2)
Downers Grove North
York
Hinsdale Central

I couldn't start off this Week 7 wrap-up with anything better than what Newt said in his "WDWL" Thread - "That the WSC Silver makes no sense and my head hurts." The WSC was a tale of two divisions - everyone picked all the Gold games correctly, while the Silver, not so much.

We had our lowest participation week of only 11 participants. I can only believe it has to do with the wildness of the WSC, and not my management of this weekly thread - HAHA! For the first time since I took this over from Kitty, we had 5 100% games - AT, Hinsdale South, DGS, Willowbrook and Hinsdale Central. Conversely, we had our first 0% game, as the entire board picked York. Interestingly, this is the first Zero since 2021, when we had two - Week 9 Proviso West over Proviso East; And Week 6 York over Glenbard West. That year, everyone picked GW; this year, everyone picked York.

Collectively, the board went 58-19, bringing the season totals to 593 - 214. We saw three 6-1 scores - @brucealmighy, @chiliconcarne, and @Fishwater41. What they saw to pick LT over DGN was obviously correct, and they should share their secrets. All others went 5-2. Because of the close scores, there were very little changes in the overall standings. Next week may be just as difficult to seperate and move up.

T1 - @brucealmighy 50-11
T1 - @chiliconcarne 50-11
T1 - @Fishwater 50-11
4 - @LakeCtyNewt 47-14
5 - @stl705 46-15
6 - @Panthers1211 45-16
7 - @Alexander32 44-17
8 - @MS4EVER 43-18
9 - @WBWarriorWatcher 39-10 (Missed Wk 2)
10 - @RD_Watcher 38-23
11 - @Cross Bones 34-20 (Missed Wk 7)
12 - @gobears25 26-9 (Missed Wk 1, 2)

Reactions: Alexander32
RD your management of this thread is impeccable! And much appreciated!

But I picked LT as well…

Sorry😬😉
AHHHH!!!! My sincerest apologies! I will issues myself a penance of watching the Willowbrook vs OPRF game on NFHS this week.

It has been corrected on my spreadsheet, and moves your season score to 40-9. Fortunately (for me), all the rankings remain the same.

Reactions: WBWarriorWatcher
I couldn't start off this Week 7 wrap-up with anything better than what Newt said in his "WDWL" Thread - "That the WSC Silver makes no sense and my head hurts." The WSC was a tale of two divisions - everyone picked all the Gold games correctly, while the Silver, not so much.

We had our lowest participation week of only 11 participants. I can only believe it has to do with the wildness of the WSC, and not my management of this weekly thread - HAHA! For the first time since I took this over from Kitty, we had 5 100% games - AT, Hinsdale South, DGS, Willowbrook and Hinsdale Central. Conversely, we had our first 0% game, as the entire board picked York. Interestingly, this is the first Zero since 2021, when we had two - Week 9 Proviso West over Proviso East; And Week 6 York over Glenbard West. That year, everyone picked GW; this year, everyone picked York.

Collectively, the board went 58-19, bringing the season totals to 593 - 214. We saw three 6-1 scores - @brucealmighy, @chiliconcarne, and @Fishwater41. What they saw to pick LT over DGN was obviously correct, and they should share their secrets. All others went 5-2. Because of the close scores, there were very little changes in the overall standings. Next week may be just as difficult to seperate and move up.

T1 - @brucealmighy 50-11
T1 - @chiliconcarne 50-11
T1 - @Fishwater 50-11
4 - @LakeCtyNewt 47-14
5 - @stl705 46-15
6 - @Panthers1211 45-16
7 - @Alexander32 44-17
8 - @MS4EVER 43-18
9 - @WBWarriorWatcher 39-10 (Missed Wk 2)
10 - @RD_Watcher 38-23
11 - @Cross Bones 34-20 (Missed Wk 7)
12 - @gobears25 26-9 (Missed Wk 1, 2)
I very much enjoy the comments you add to each update. Your management of the thread is topnotch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT