ADVERTISEMENT

WSC Prediction Thread Wk 3 - Start of Division play

RD_Watcher

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2019
Week 3 begins inter-division play for both West Suburban Silver and Gold, with only 1 crossover game.
Will DGS find a way to bounce back, and live up to some of the preseason hype? Will the Proviso Township school district (East or West) finally put some points on the board? Will the LTHS @ HC game give us insight to either team?

All questions to be answered in Week 3!

Downers North (2-0) @ Downers South (0-2)
York (2-0) @ Proviso West (0-2)
Glenbard West (2-0) @ Oak Park River Forest (1-1)
Lyons Township (1-1) @ Hinsdale Central (1-1)
Morton (0-2) @ Addison Trail (0-2)
Hinsdale South (0-2) @ Leyden (1-1)
Proviso East (0-2) @ Willowbrook (0-2)

My picks

DGN in a tough game
York in a blow out
GW by 4 TDs
HC 21- 3
Morton 14-7
HS 28-24
WB running clock

What’s going on with the Gold? It has always been the weaker of the two divisions but this year it just looks terrible. Willowbrook should rebound but is there hope for anyone else?

What’s going on with the Gold? It has always been the weaker of the two divisions but this year it just looks terrible. Willowbrook should rebound but is there hope for anyone else?
Need to get rid of crossovers doesnt help either side. Bring back the Des Plaines valley conference. minus some of the original teams.

Willowbrook
Addison Trail
Glenbard East
Hinsdale South
Leyden
Glenbard South
Metea Valley

Need to get rid of crossovers doesnt help either side. Bring back the Des Plaines valley conference. minus some of the original teams.

Willowbrook
Addison Trail
Glenbard East
Hinsdale South
Leyden
Glenbard South
Metea Valley
DGN
York
GBW
HC
Morton
Leyden
Willowbrook
Week 3 begins inter-division play for both West Suburban Silver and Gold, with only 1 crossover game.
Will DGS find a way to bounce back, and live up to some of the preseason hype? Will the Proviso Township school district (East or West) finally put some points on the board? Will the LTHS @ HC game give us insight to either team?

All questions to be answered in Week 3!

Downers North (2-0) @ Downers South (0-2)
York (2-0) @ Proviso West (0-2)
Glenbard West (2-0) @ Oak Park River Forest (1-1)
Lyons Township (1-1) @ Hinsdale Central (1-1)
Morton (0-2) @ Addison Trail (0-2)
Hinsdale South (0-2) @ Leyden (1-1)
Proviso East (0-2) @ Willowbrook (0-2)
Gold 1-11 and 9 Running clocks after week 2

Willowbrook
Addison Trail
Glenbard East
Hinsdale South
Leyden
Glenbard South
Metea Valley
I'm not sure getting rid of crossovers and restructuring the conference actually fixes the core issues.

According to the IHSA website, the classification enrollment numbers for the WSC are
Gold:
AT - 1992
Morton - 8170
HS - 1407
DGS - 2748
Leyden - 3399
Proviso East - 2054
WB - 1934

Silver:
DGN - 2154
York - 2855
GW - 2352
Proviso West - 2237
HC - 2705
LTHS - 4020
OPRF - 3398

Numbers wise, there should be a lot of parody between the two divisions, as they both are a mix between 7a and 8a schools.

The biggest disparity is in culture - by that I mean within the football program, in the school itself, and in the community. In addition, all of the upper tier teams have strong youth football programs (mostly BGYFL). IMHO, what is needed to turn many of these programs around are strong members of the community willing to volunteer their time as youth coaches.

I'm not sure getting rid of crossovers and restructuring the conference actually fixes the core issues.

According to the IHSA website, the classification enrollment numbers for the WSC are
Gold:
AT - 1992
Morton - 8170
HS - 1407
DGS - 2748
Leyden - 3399
Proviso East - 2054
WB - 1934

Silver:
DGN - 2154
York - 2855
GW - 2352
Proviso West - 2237
HC - 2705
LTHS - 4020
OPRF - 3398

Numbers wise, there should be a lot of parody between the two divisions, as they both are a mix between 7a and 8a schools.

The biggest disparity is in culture - by that I mean within the football program, in the school itself, and in the community. In addition, all of the upper tier teams have strong youth football programs (mostly BGYFL). IMHO, what is needed to turn many of these programs around are strong members of the community willing to volunteer their time as youth coaches.
Didn't realize Hinsdale South is only 1407 enrollment. I agree with get more involved at the youth level. And that also means high schoolsneed to become more involved also not just holding a camp in the summer. Glen Ellyn youth program only has 3 teams this year at BGYFL.

Downers North
York
Glenbard West
Hinsdale Central
Morton
Leyden
Willowbrook

No words of wisdom. Just want some good ball played!

Reactions: RD_Watcher
Didn't realize Hinsdale South is only 1407 enrollment. I agree with get more involved at the youth level. And that also means high schoolsneed to become more involved also not just holding a camp in the summer. Glen Ellyn youth program only has 3 teams this year at BGYFL.
What?! Glen Ellyn only has 3 teams across all levels??? That is very disturbing, as that program feeds multiple high schools.

Hinsdale Falcons has increased significantly coming out of the Covid period. I believe each level has 2 teams right now, but urgently needed coaches. Several veteran coaches with kids no longer in the program have come back in to help.

Reactions: Gene K.
What?! Glen Ellyn only has 3 teams across all levels??? That is very disturbing, as that program feeds multiple high schools.

Hinsdale Falcons has increased significantly coming out of the Covid period. I believe each level has 2 teams right now, but urgently needed coaches. Several veteran coaches with kids no longer in the program have come back in to help.
Glen Ellyn is in trouble if things keep up they may not be around much longer which is sad my brother played for them in the early 80’s. Wheaton added three teams this year and is hoping for another two next year.

Glen Ellyn is in trouble if things keep up they may not be around much longer which is sad my brother played for them in the early 80’s. Wheaton added three teams this year and is hoping for another two next year.
I'm really surprised by this. Hopefully that program can recover.

Hopefully Glendale Heights keeps producing players as many of West’s stars over the years have been from the Heights
What youth program do Glendale Heights kids play in? It seems they could play in Carol Stream, Glen Ellyn or Bloomingdale.

What youth program do Glendale Heights kids play in? It seems they could play in Carol Stream, Glen Ellyn or Bloomingdale.
Used to be Glendale heights Spartans.

Also Glen Ellyn Park District has a pretty large flag football league ( 10 teams in 5th/6th grade league) so maybe more kids are going that route. Always seemed to be a huge key to Batavia’s success.

Glen Ellyn has 2 Jv teams at 7th grade and 1 varsity team.

• Sad
Downers North by 30
York (2-0) by 50
Glenbard West (2-0)
Hinsdale Central (1-1) in a close game
Morton (0-2) ?????
Leyden (1-1) ????
Willowbrook (0-2) by 40
Coronado by 3

Thanks RDW
Go Dukes

I'm late to the game having missed the first 2 weeks, but I'm confident I can catch up...

DGN
York
GW
HC
AT
Hins South
WIllowbrook

I don't know what is going on with the Gold. Back when I was a youth AT was solid, HS was good, even Leyden had some solid years, and of course DGS was comparable to any Silver program.

Anyways

South because I have to.
York.
I already picked OPRF to beat WWS and they didnt come through for me, I think GBW will be tougher, but more run oriented. I am tempted to go with the Huskies again, but alas I select GBW.
Hinsdale
AT
Hinsdale
Willowbrook

I don't know what is going on with the Gold. Back when I was a youth AT was solid, HS was good, even Leyden had some solid years, and of course DGS was comparable to any Silver program.

Anyways

South because I have to.
York.
I already picked OPRF to beat WWS and they didnt come through for me, I think GBW will be tougher, but more run oriented. I am tempted to go with the Huskies again, but alas I select GBW.
Hinsdale
AT
Hinsdale
Willowbrook
When the gold was the des plaines valley they were tough. DGS and AT were 2nd in the state. Willow brook and leyden were very good.

Downers North (7) @ Downers South (0)
York (56) @ Proviso West (0)
Glenbard West (60) @ Oak Park River Forest (20)
Lyons Township (16) @ Hinsdale Central (35)
Morton (41) @ Addison Trail (13)
Hinsdale South (21) @ Leyden (0)
Proviso East (14) @ Willowbrook (40)

Week 3 High Score: RD Watcher, @brucealmighy, @Solid Snake Pliskin all went 7-0

Season Ranks -

T1 @Grepos (18-3)
T1 @Panthers1211 (18-3)
T1 @brucealmighy (18-3)
T1 @RD_Watcher (18-3)

T5 @USD24 (17-4)
T5 @Solid Snake Pliskin (17-4)

T7 @Dual-triple_threat (16-5)
T7 @MS4EVER (16-5)

T9 @Little Kin (15-6)
T9 @Joseph Drake (15-6)

11 @Cross Bones (11-3, no entry wk 1)

12 @Duhawk44 (6-1, no entry wk 1 or 2)

T13 @WBWarriorWatcher (5-2, no entry wk 1 or 3)
T13 @stl705 (5-2, no entry wk 2 or 3)

15 @OPRF Illini 96 (3-3, no entry wk 2 or 3)

Reactions: Solid Snake Pliskin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT