ADVERTISEMENT

WIN- the virus

The Outfit

Dec 15, 2015
Lou Holtz- WIN acronym Whats Important Now
I might be uninformed but honestly until there is some sort of vaccine- i dont see how they will safely be able to play any non contact sports this year.

Key word is Safe! how do our kids limit exposure when you cannot follow a social distancing mandate.

As sad as I think it is I am betting against football, wrestling, basketball for this year.

I pray for a quick resolution for everyone. NO FOOTBALL? Only if it saves lives and stops this virus.

WIN- What IS important now.

I hate being a downer

Reactions: sporthog9er
Outfit you are right that it's probably not happening. What's important now though, WIN?

What's Important Now with the virus is the lives of those vulnerable and the ALSO the non-vulnerable...the student athletes. We are significantly hampering the lives of the population that is unaffected by the virus for the lives that may be affected. Is that right? Is it wrong?

I agree that the benchmark always seems to be a vaccine. Maybe it gets here soon, maybe it doesn't. But if that's the endgame, let's pause and realize we are requiring a vaccine for the elderly and vulnerable population so that the young and unaffected can live their lives(in regards to sports and education). We are saying that the population the CDC has classified has a 0% mortality rate cannot have the things they need without a vaccine available(which they wouldn't even need to live anyways). Is that right or wrong?

The point I've been trying to push to lawmakers and IDPH myself is that the endgame must be addressed to the public now. We cannot keep living in limbo like this without knowing the endgame requirements. Specifically they need to address the vaccination point. If the endgame is a vaccine, are we talking about mass required vaccinations? We all know how touchy of a subject that is.

Because if we aren't talking required mass vaccinations, then we will still have positive cases, hospitalized, and deaths everywhere. If that's the case, what's the number we need to be acceptable with? We should know that now. If we knew of the endgame, I bet more of the public would act accordingly to get there.

If the endgame is just approved medication to treat it, then why can't we use the ones approved now? What's the requirements?

If it is strictly based on having it under control with the healthcare system, what are the terms?

We have to be informed of the endgame asap from our leaders. Press your local and state politicians and don't let up.

I might be uninformed but honestly until there is some sort of vaccine- i dont see how they will safely be able to play any non contact sports this year.

Key word is Safe! how do our kids limit exposure when you cannot follow a social distancing mandate.

As sad as I think it is I am betting against football, wrestling, basketball for this year.

I pray for a quick resolution for everyone. NO FOOTBALL? Only if it saves lives and stops this virus.

WIN- What IS important now.

I hate being a downer

I completely agree with you.

Reactions: The Outfit
Since you mentioned Lou Holtz, he was a recent guest on one of the weeknight cable "news" shows. As you might expect, in no uncertain terms he was enthusiastically in favor of the open of the college football season. That opinion likely tips off on what network he appeared, too. Still a lively old gent is he!

thanks to LWEAST DAD & COREY90.

I am depressed thinking I am going to not have a Friday night under the lights!

Praying for divine intervention to see a quick turn around with this "thing"

Outfit you are right that it's probably not happening. What's important now though, WIN?

What's Important Now with the virus is the lives of those vulnerable and the ALSO the non-vulnerable...the student athletes. We are significantly hampering the lives of the population that is unaffected by the virus for the lives that may be affected. Is that right? Is it wrong?

I agree that the benchmark always seems to be a vaccine. Maybe it gets here soon, maybe it doesn't. But if that's the endgame, let's pause and realize we are requiring a vaccine for the elderly and vulnerable population so that the young and unaffected can live their lives(in regards to sports and education). We are saying that the population the CDC has classified has a 0% mortality rate cannot have the things they need without a vaccine available(which they wouldn't even need to live anyways). Is that right or wrong?

The point I've been trying to push to lawmakers and IDPH myself is that the endgame must be addressed to the public now. We cannot keep living in limbo like this without knowing the endgame requirements. Specifically they need to address the vaccination point. If the endgame is a vaccine, are we talking about mass required vaccinations? We all know how touchy of a subject that is.

Because if we aren't talking required mass vaccinations, then we will still have positive cases, hospitalized, and deaths everywhere. If that's the case, what's the number we need to be acceptable with? We should know that now. If we knew of the endgame, I bet more of the public would act accordingly to get there.

If the endgame is just approved medication to treat it, then why can't we use the ones approved now? What's the requirements?

If it is strictly based on having it under control with the healthcare system, what are the terms?

We have to be informed of the endgame asap from our leaders. Press your local and state politicians and don't let up.
You know as well as I do that this thing became political the moment it came here. None of the "vaccine" questions will be answered before November 3rd. That is, unfortunately, one thing you can count on.

So we’re saying no contact sports and very limited partial schooling on the H.S. level which is giving 40% of a normal education for .....years? Yikes !

I don't know about years but until there is either a vaccine or a treatment it's the situation we're in on all schooling levels. Get used to it folks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT