ADVERTISEMENT

Why would you leap frog someone over JCA?

Yea CR isnt a win I'd be touting.
I admit I don’t check or keep track of their record but in past years they have been a known powerhouse. I guess the rebuild after the illegal player vs Naz in 2019 didn’t go well.

Looks like you guys had a common opponent in BR....how'd that go for you?
I consider JCA a very good team. Had they not dumped Rita for a CPS team they could be considered elite. BR was also a very good team offensively. But had a little less talent on defensive side of the ball. I was hoping they would have made the finals and wish their departing head coach well. I always thought he took a lot of unnecessary criticism.

I consider JCA a very good team. Had they not dumped Rita for a CPS team they could be considered elite. BR was also a very good team offensively. But had a little less talent on defensive side of the ball. I was hoping they would have made the finals and wish their departing head coach well. I always thought he took a lot of unnecessary criticism.
Yea I think they are very much in that discussion. I just dont understand mc140s fixation on class. Esp when MC and JCA had an opportunity to beat a very good 7a team. JCA got it done, MC didnt.

Reactions: Hofman and rjjtwest
So if JCA played RIta this year, they are elite? 🤣 JC's non-con schedule consisted of Simeon, who is typically a very good program, a very good team from St Louis and a 6A semi-finalist. Their non-con schedule was fine this year.

So if JCA played RIta this year, they are elite? 🤣 JC's non-con schedule consisted of Simeon, who is typically a very good program, a very good team from St Louis and a 6A semi-finalist. Their non-con schedule was fine this year.
Trading SR for Simeon is not an equal trade. Simeon is way down since Phillips became the flavor of the month. I think that when JC scheduled that week two team they did not know they were going to lose six games the same as when SR scheduled the #10 team in the country they did not know they were going to have a down year. All in all JC is having a great year. Enjoy it. I am. A week from now after the finals let the dust settle. Maybe JC will be rated #1.

JCA has buzz sawed 3 teams that made it to the IHSA semi finals. Can anyone else say that?
Pretty simple rational. Strength of schedule! In the regular season only played 3 winning teams, 5-4 CPS Simeon, 6-3 Crete, and 7-2 Brother Rice and the 4A playoff teams which are good for their level but not Considered great teams in 6-8A. JCA best in 1 thru 5A but they would not win 6a, 7a or 8a.

Pretty simple rational. Strength of schedule! In the regular season only played 3 winning teams, 5-4 CPS Simeon, 6-3 Crete, and 7-2 Brother Rice and the 4A playoff teams which are good for their level but not Considered great teams in 6-8A. JCA best in 1 thru 5A but they would not win 6a, 7a or 8a.
That's your opinion, yet you state it as fact. I believe they would have a very good chance to win those classes, and so do most as they are ranked in the top 2-3 in every poll in the state.

Hofman. I really do not care where they are ranked or if they get leap frogged or not. I would stop talking about it and arguing about it to be honest.

I am worried about SHG. I know as fans we are allowed to get off focus and argue hypotheticals, but SHG is sincerely one of the best teams in the state and it will be difficult enough to defeat them. The last time they went to Dekalb and were given little chance of winning, they absolutely manhandled an exceptionally talented Montini team.

after next week, argue away. Until then, I would let it go.

And the 4A final 4 has been an absolute pleasure to watch. Four really good teams all capable of beating each other. Semis were both great games and the final will be as well. All those fans who said “JC has no business in 4A and will murder the entire field” must now acknowledge that either JC is not the juggernaut they thought or the 4A field is way more capable than they thought. Or perhaps both are true. But they won’t. They will keep pointing to an early round blowout while ignoring Rita’s path in 7A.

JCA has to do what's best for JCA. I don't mind them not renewing the contract with Rita; it was a great two-year battle.

For next year, I would ask Rita to schedule a weaker opponent during Week Two. Although I think Cascia will be a good team next year, he won't be as good as this year. I want the wins to get into the playoffs.

With MC, LA, PC, Naz, and Don Benet on the schedule, it will be tough enough.

Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
Then what is 1A in Missouri equivalent to?
Little league.
Im not here to judge JC in being number 1. I’m telling you beating Ritter is nothing to brag on. Especially when other teams beat them by more. Also they only beat Cahokia by 2 who Roachester clocked in the first round. I would leave Ritter out of the discussion.

That's your opinion, yet you state it as fact. I believe they would have a very good chance to win those classes, and so do most as they are ranked in the top 2-3 in every poll in the state.
I agree it’s an opinion but that’s what polls are an opinion. Hence why edgyTim jumped JCA with Lockport. Don’t disagree that JCA could win 6,7 or 8A just that I don’t s think they would be favored in either of those classes at the start of the playoffs.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
As a fan of jca, I can give two $hits about ratings, I just hope jca can overcome
Hofman. I really do not care where they are ranked or if they get leap frogged or not. I would stop talking about it and arguing about it to be honest.

I am worried about SHG. I know as fans we are allowed to get off focus and argue hypotheticals, but SHG is sincerely one of the best teams in the state and it will be difficult enough to defeat them. The last time they went to Dekalb and were given little chance of winning, they absolutely manhandled an exceptionally talented Montini team.

And the 4A final 4 has been an absolute pleasure to watch. Four really good teams all capable of beating each other. Semis were both great games and the final will be as well. All those fans who said “JC has no business in 4A and will murder the entire field” must now acknowledge that either JC is not the juggernaut they thought or the 4A field is way more capable than they thought. Or perhaps both are true. But they won’t. They will keep pointing to an early round blowout while ignoring Rita’s path in 7A.
I'm worried about the amount of injured players jca has on the defensive side going into this shg game, looks like two more on crutches after that Richmond game!🤷

Reactions: Falcon86
Sham poll, first time in the history of polling for any sport on any level that an undefeated second place team was leap frogged in favor of a team with one loss. Unprecedented with a good reason so.

Excellent points. The 4A final has the potential to be a great one. JCA huge OL and power running attack will test the SHG defense like no other team, even Rochester, has done this year. SHG QB Ty Lott threw only his 2nd INT this season the first series against Rochester. He did not hang his head or lose composure and went on to throw for over 400 yards and 5 TD’s. Lott has 4 receivers with between 8-12 TD’s. The two who hurt the Rockets most in the 2nd half were arguably his 3rd and 4th options.

Excellent points. The 4A final has the potential to be a great one. JCA huge OL and power running attack will test the SHG defense like no other team, even Rochester, has done this year. SHG QB Ty Lott threw only his 2nd INT this season the first series against Rochester. He did not hang his head or lose composure and went on to throw for over 400 yards and 5 TD’s. Lott has 4 receivers with between 8-12 TD’s. The two who hurt the Rockets most in the 2nd half were arguably his 3rd and 4th options.
Probably gonna be 500 yards for both teams

All.... Relax. Early projections have JCA coming out on top. Calpreps 41-28 and Massey 42-32. And who knows what the weather will be like the way it can change. Might be a wind tunnel like that 2011 semi in Joliet. Ratsy

Last edited:
Reactions: Hofman
Looks like you guys had a common opponent in BR....how'd that go for you?
No one is arguing MC is number one. If MC and JCA switched classes, it is more likely MC is playing than JCA.

No one is arguing MC is number one. If MC and JCA switched classes, it is more likely MC is playing than JCA.
No but you are arguing that no way can jca be number 1 simply because they are in 4a.

If you put ESL, Loyola, Lockport, etc in 3a, it wouldnt change the fact those teams are as good as any team in the state.

If Georgia played in the Sun Belt, they would still be the best team in college football.

Last edited:
Reactions: USD24
All.... Relax. Early projections have JCA coming out on top. Calpreps 41-28 and Massey 42-32. And who knows what the weather will be like the way it can change. Might be a wind tunnel like that 2011 semi wind forecast for 7pm Friday in Dekalb: 5-6 mph. at 29 degrees f.

Can anyone remember a 3A team when we had a 6 class system that was ranked #1? JCA being considered for top ranking got me to thinking whether or not this has happened before.

Can anyone remember a 3A team when we had a 6 class system that was ranked #1? JCA being considered for top ranking got me to thinking whether or not this has happened before.
Bishop Mac in 1985? They were undefeated and the only Chicago area team to win a championship. They are the only Chicago area team from 85 to be mentioned in Tribune article about greatest teams in Illinois history

Best teams in Illinois history

Last edited:
Reactions: Crispy Linnetta
To all of you who responded with your thoughts thank you. I appreciate and validate all of them. Since there is no championship like pro and college it can only be your passion and how it comes out in conjecture. I will say that Edgy has had a JCA bias ever since he stuck his neck out once in the JR era. My guess, and only my guess is he is appeasing his fan base. But if he pulled a grand out of his wallet and had to bet it, I firmly believe he would not put it on Lockport over JCA. Oh well, it is only HS football.
To all the posters who seemed to enjoy my posts and all those who really really did not I wish to all of you and your families a happy and joyous Holiday season whichever supreme being you choose to pursue. There are a lot of people hungry out there. Grab a five out of your wallet right now and put it in the first red kettle you see I am Catholic so God Bless you all and thanks for a lot of fun!!

No. Because they would still get destroyed by their regular season opponents. Methinks you are too much of a homer and not a rational thinker

Reactions: rjjtwest
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT