ADVERTISEMENT

Incoming Althoff Frosh Gets SEC Offer

11.5 in the hundred? Hey, on a good day with the wind at my back, I can do it in 17. And I ain't no incoming frosh. I'm more like an outgoing geezer.

• Haha
Reactions: crusader_of_90
What impresses me is his 21.5feet in the long jump, which would have earned him 7th in 1A, 10th in 2A and 18th in 3A.

Hickey says he is a beanpole but he is also a WR, not a tailback playing Power I formation.

The kid must have had a good camp at Mizzou! (And I swear to God if we do not win 2A this year, I am egging Frazier's house.)
All.... The Crusaders were the third largest 1A playoff team last year. Having looked at past historical postseason class breakdowns it appears more of a "lean" toward 2A. But not a done deal till the teams are announced after the regualar season ends.

It is kinda pick your poison. 1A lately the names often popping are up are of course Lena and Camp Point. More of mix should Althoff go 2A. If I could pick a class I believe 2A might be the better road for them.

One more postseason win which will not be a problem and the multiplier will kick in when the new two year enrollment average comes out. The latest enrollment shows 312 up from the two year average of 288.50 which ends this season. That would put the Crusaders in the upper side of class 3A starting to creep closer to 4A.

This is the year to strike and bring back the hardware.... Ratsy

I honestly didn’t know there was an Illinois junior high school athletics association other than IESA

The kid must have had a good camp at Mizzou! (And I swear to God if we do not win 2A this year, I am egging Frazier's house.)
I am completely baffled by this colleges still "offering" schlarships to high school players.
I am going to assume for the sake of this post, that the Althoff kid develops throughout his four high school years to the point that he is a top-10 QB in the entire nation and coveted by every one of the schools playing in whatever conference the 60 elite-level teams are playing in in four years.
Question: Since college players will be pros beginning with the 2025 season, if the Althoff player is in fact at the elite level when he finishes his senior year, why wouldn't every one of the 60 top football schools offer him a big-money cash contract to play for them?
And why wouldn't any elite-level QB sign a contract with whatever school offers him the most money, the most benefits, and the most playing time.
If MIzzou offers an elite QB the best deal in terms of cash, benefits and playing time, certainly the Althoff kid would go there. But what if Ohio State or Nebraska or Illinois offers twice the cash, twice the benefits and the starting job as a freshman. Why wouldn't a kid take the better deal?
Seems that with the high school football players now being pros and getting pro contract offers, that the best deal for each kid is the one to take. And since a player doesn't know what the best deal for him is going to be in June of 2024, what difference does it make for a school to make an "offer."
Cash is king. Repeat after me. Cash is king. Before becoming pros in the 2025 season, the scholarship was the prize, and you could argue that all scholarships were pretty much created equal.
For now, NIL money has ruled the roost for college players. But starting next year, it's a pro contract with a college that rules.
What is the point of a school offering a scholarship now to any high school football player, unless that scholarship offer includes an offer to top whatever cash and benefit amount that any other college program is offering?
It's like the college football coaches are living in a universe that no longer exists. Thinking that a scholarship offer without money/benefits/playing time attached to it is now folly.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
I am completely baffled by this colleges still "offering" schlarships to high school players.
I am going to assume for the sake of this post, that the Althoff kid develops throughout his four high school years to the point that he is a top-10 QB in the entire nation and coveted by every one of the schools playing in whatever conference the 60 elite-level teams are playing in in four years.
Question: Since college players will be pros beginning with the 2025 season, if the Althoff player is in fact at the elite level when he finishes his senior year, why wouldn't every one of the 60 top football schools offer him a big-money cash contract to play for them?
And why wouldn't any elite-level QB sign a contract with whatever school offers him the most money, the most benefits, and the most playing time.
If MIzzou offers an elite QB the best deal in terms of cash, benefits and playing time, certainly the Althoff kid would go there. But what if Ohio State or Nebraska or Illinois offers twice the cash, twice the benefits and the starting job as a freshman. Why wouldn't a kid take the better deal?
Seems that with the high school football players now being pros and getting pro contract offers, that the best deal for each kid is the one to take. And since a player doesn't know what the best deal for him is going to be in June of 2024, what difference does it make for a school to make an "offer."
Cash is king. Repeat after me. Cash is king. Before becoming pros in the 2025 season, the scholarship was the prize, and you could argue that all scholarships were pretty much created equal.
For now, NIL money has ruled the roost for college players. But starting next year, it's a pro contract with a college that rules.
What is the point of a school offering a scholarship now to any high school football player, unless that scholarship offer includes an offer to top whatever cash and benefit amount that any other college program is offering?
It's like the college football coaches are living in a universe that no longer exists. Thinking that a scholarship offer without money/benefits/playing time attached to it is now folly.
He is a WR.

An offer means squat until they are a year away from signing paperwork and playing let's make a deal with money. It is the "love" shown early. Look at how an experienced family appreciates that in terms of five-star recruit. First love makes you feel special.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT