ADVERTISEMENT

Who are the top 10 QB's in IL this year?

Not a lot of huge names out there this pre-season. Lot of solid QBs though. In the CCL, that I’m aware of, BR, SR, Marist, JCA, Fenwick, and Laurence will all have new starting QBs this season. I’m sure there are others I’m missing. MC’s Dowling and LA’s Stearney are probably the two biggest names in the CCL this preseason

All.... Ty's stats as a junior last year as a first year full time starter. 190-257 3202 yards. I believe he had a total of 2 or 3 picks. Throwing at about a 75% completion rate. Two different td passing stats I found but the one I like he threw for 45 td's. And he can run. This year they have him listed at 6'2" 205. Ratsy

Last edited:
Reactions: chakazulu89
All.... Ty's stats as a junior last year as a first year full time starter. 190-257 3202 yards. I believe he had a total of 2 or 3 picks. Throwing at about a 75% completion rate. Two different td passing stats I found but the one I like he threw for 45 td's. And he can run. This year they have him listed at 6'2" 205.
You didn’t end it with “Ratsy”

Twitter my friend.

Saw him play in a 7v7 tourney this summer. Ridiculous arm strength, but decision making still developing. Tries to force way too many throws.

If he plays on varsity, it will be a long year for DGN.

Saw him play in a 7v7 tourney this summer. Ridiculous arm strength, but decision making still developing. Tries to force way too many throws.

How does he look with a Varsity pass rush coming at him? I hope DGN has a great OLine if he’s the starter.

After googling Owen Lansu from DGN... the Freshman-to-be has received a ton of attention the last year and is someone that Edgy and other recruiting experts already know about. Apparently has a nice arm, already over 6', and someone Trojan fans should be excited about. Recruiters will monitor his progress no doubt in the next few years. Assuming he will play at the JV level this year, and backup the projected starter?

Let the Lansu hype begin!!

After googling Owen Lansu from DGN... the Freshman-to-be has received a ton of attention the last year and is someone that Edgy and other recruiting experts already know about. Apparently has a nice arm, already over 6', and someone Trojan fans should be excited about. Recruiters will monitor his progress no doubt in the next few years. Assuming he will play at the JV level this year, and backup the projected starter?
I think a more likely option is he plays Sophomores, and comes up to Varsity the next week if something happens to their Senior. JV games aren’t real games in the WSC, and they may only play 4-5 JV games. Sophomores play a full 9.

Most good players have a good highlight reel.

Can we include linebackers in this thread? I predict that MC's linebackers--sometimes three and sometimes four, will be a disruptive force in the opponent's backfield.

Last edited:
Most good players have a good highlight reel.

Can we include linebackers in this thread? I predict that MC's linebackers--sometimes three and sometimes four, will be a disruptive force in the opponent's backfield.
I think the Batavia linebacker might have a thing or two to say about being a top group of LBs this fall....

Agree. I saw him play at the youth level against our local team. He's a tremendous talent, does a lot of the marketing on twitter, but I'm not sure hes close to where JJ McCarthy was at the same age. Says the right things though.

I attended the Mooseheart 7 v 7 (Batavia, Neuqua Valley, Crystal Lake South & Wheaton North) last Thursday night and was incredibly impressed with 3 of the QB's. We already know Mark Mennecke (Neuqua) who looked sharp as usual on both long and short throws, but the Batavia QB (Name?) looks like he can make any throw on the field. He made some deep throws that looked like they were shot out of a cannon. Look for the Bulldogs to lean on him a lot this fall and factor in the passing game more than in previous years. Also, this is the 2nd time I saw Max Howser (Wheaton North) this summer who has an above-average arm and thew with zip on the ball almost every throw. He a smaller, but athletic-looking QB, and with the receiving core, look for the Falcons to move the ball well this fall. On a side note, WN also won the Batavia lineman challenge as well so things seem to be tracking for them. My prediction, is Wheaton North, Batavia, and Neuqua will be playoff teams this fall with at least one of them will making a deep run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT