ADVERTISEMENT

Where should I go Friday night?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Saturday I have IHSA responsibilities so MC at Loyola will be on TV for me.....

I have a game in mind for Friday but it's not set just yet....let me know which game I should go to

IC vs St Francis
Second this…7-1 (only loss to JCA by a point) vs. 8-0. Final Metro Suburban Conference game for both teams before joining the CCL. Rivalry game - and they *really* aren’t fond of one another. Should be a full house, great energy, and a game that both teams have circled since camp started in August, especially with St. Francis having won the last 3 matchups (2 of those wins by double figures).

Second this…7-1 (only loss to JCA by a point) vs. 8-0. Final Metro Suburban Conference game for both teams before joining the CCL. Rivalry game - and they *really* aren’t fond of one another. Should be a full house, great energy, and a game that both teams have circled since camp started in August, especially with St. Francis having won the last 3 matchups (2 of those wins by double figures).
Yup! This is THEEEEE game on Friday night and I'm taking IC 💪

I will third this. But will edgy go to a game below 5A?? : )

Last edited:
Plainfield North and OE, watch those two QBs go at it.
Joliet (West) at Plainfield (South)

St. Charles (North) at Batavia

Winnetka (New Trier) at Park Ridge (Maine South)

Chicago (Marist) at Chicago (Brother Rice)

edited to add:

Kankakee (Sr.) at Crete (Monee)

Last edited:
and I'm taking IC 💪
Office Space No GIF

• Haha
Reactions: McEvergreen
Saturday I have IHSA responsibilities so MC at Loyola will be on TV for me.....

I have a game in mind for Friday but it's not set just yet....let me know which game I should go to
(my 1st post - great forum!)
If I could, I'd watch ICC-WSF
Having just gotten beat by both in the past 2 weeks, it's a close call and should be a terrific game. We (R-B) lost to IC 48-14, and WSF 35-14. Rain probably helped us a little against WSF this past Friday, and while their defense was strong, we did move the ball a little better. We definitely competed better overall against WSF.
If ICC penetrates defensively and tackles low on the 2 WSF running backs they'll have success, or at very least, force them to pass more. I'll take ICC at home by a touchdown.

DuKane: Chucky North vs. Bulldog.

If STCN wins, they will have favorable seed and will prove they can compete with anyone.

If Batavia wins, they are back and will be a force in the playoffs--big confidence boost.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Bulldog gets to the title game, only if he avoids the obvious and clear favorite in 7A--the Caravan.

Plus, these games are always entertaining.

Reactions: Gene K.
Having just gotten beat by both in the past 2 weeks, it's a close call and should be a terrific game. We (R-B) lost to IC 48-14, and WSF 35-14. Rain probably helped us a little against WSF this past Friday, and while their defense was strong, we did move the ball a little better. We definitely competed better overall against WSF.
If ICC penetrates defensively and tackles low on the 2 WSF running backs they'll have success, or at very least, force them to pass more. I'll take ICC at home by a touchdown.
Thanks for that input, interesting analysis after seeing both play b2b weeks. As a SF guy I think IC wins by 3.

Per Calpreps:

neutral field
[2022] St. Francis (Wheaton, IL) 31, [2022] Immaculate Conception (Elmhurst, IL) 30

The game is in Elmhurst, so it would swing the above line slightly. I'm guessing IC wins a close one.

Welcome aboard

Parking at train station good choice? Looks like it’s only .5 mi from Elmhurst station.

Plunkett Athletic Complex
2 Q’s…parking is alright at Plunkett? And how does IC have the visitors section set up? Way back in the day, we used to bring lawn chairs and sit where the baseball field was. Seems like since the renovation things have been shuffled around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT