ADVERTISEMENT

I can’t decide…..you pick my Friday game this week

Realistically, this would be a really, really long road trip, but I am very curious to see how the St Joe Ogden (#4 in 3A) vs Carterville (#8 in 4A) contest turns out. Carterville has a very nice facility.

Reactions: William Foster
Keep it close to home this Friday night and take a drive west on Rt6 and watch the Redskins vs LP.

Realistically, this would be a really, really long road trip, but I am very curious to see how the St Joe Ogden (#4 in 3A) vs Carterville (#8 in 4A) contest turns out. Carterville has a very nice facility.
I like your thinking here...it's a 5 hour drive as Edgy knows (SIU). I know the Lions QB (extended family). If the Dawgs played Saturday (bye week), I think Edgy would take both on!

Reactions: rocketnation
Edgy is allergic to north and northwest football unless it’s a deep playoff run game or Maine South is playing!
If it is an allergy, I’ll supply the Claritin. :p Can’t put it off until the playoffs with CG and PR being in separate classes now! Although I’m pimping this game and CG has their work cut out for them.

Reactions: big daddy looch
York @ Hinsdale Central
Long time Cross Country rivals and with York now playing at a high level, the rivalry extends to the Gridiron!

Last edited:
Edgy is allergic to north and northwest football unless its a deep playoff run game or Maine South is playing!
False Again people have some really bad misconceptions of which games I cover....look up all of the games I've covered over the past 5-7 years and a vast majority are considered North and Northwest....so sorry if the fact get in the way, and I only made mention of "avoiding" North this season because of every road in Illinois being under serious road construction this year...but I guarantee I will be once again "north" this Friday.

Reactions: RockSoup
The last time they played (2002 Quarterfinals) is arguably the best game I have ever seen since going to MC games. A chess match. MC had to play a perfect game to win and they did. Current DC Dan O'Brien great game at QB.
That was the phantom block in the back that wiped out a punt return for a TD. They played the next season at Gately.

Reactions: Chappettoj
Carmel vs Carmel
It will be my first time at the new home field. In fact, I haven't been back there since I graduated. I have been to Gately, though. As our CPL contingent likes to say, those Gately dogs are the pinnacle of fine dining--better even than Al's beef or the Polish sausages on old Maxwell St.

never played since 2002 playoffs. had they played in 2003, Com would have won 70-0.
My mistake they played twice in 2001. Once in the regular season and once in the second round. Each team handed the other their only loss

My mistake they played twice in 2001. Once in the regular season and once in the second round. Each team handed the other their only loss
Concerning the game on Fri, MC has their hands full. I watched Com film and their QB is excellent. Definitely a trap game between SR and BR. They look like the 5A favorite to me from what I saw.

Reactions: kwamizee
The last time they played (2002 Quarterfinals) is arguably the best game I have ever seen since going to MC games. A chess match. MC had to play a perfect game to win and they did. Current DC Dan O'Brien great game at QB.

never played since 2002 playoffs. had they played in 2003, Com would have won 70-0.
The ‘02, ‘03 teams were incredible. The offensive line might have been the best I’ve seen in 20 years. Had MC not beaten them in ‘02 it might have been the best 2 years I’d seen in the not so modern era.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT