ADVERTISEMENT

What is the origin of your handle?

ClownBaby

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2006
If you read the article Sourcie wrote on Edgy it covers the origin of his name, so what is the origin of yours?

I'm a fan of the show It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and was watching $100 Baby which is one of my favorite episodes while signing up so I took the name ClownBaby from there.

Mine comes from the Pink Floyd classic “The Greatgig in the Sky”. 13 is my birthday.

Reactions: eireog
I put name in for the Edgy Challenge Playoff Bracket in 2000 or 2001. I did not know it was going to be a handle. Idea was a "I am the dean of selecting the games" type of thing.

Failed speed trainer. I took it to torment myself. Searched for a logo and that's the most interesting thing that came up. A Dad told me Mr. Speed is a Kiss song.

My son’s name is Bowie. It’s Gaelic for “blonde haired boy”. He has long blond hair like clay Matthews and plays OT and DE. He’s a beast. He’s 5’3 110lbs and just turned 10. More importantly, he’s coachable and a really kind kid. I need him to develop a mean streak like his old man. My favorite player growing up was Chris Zorich, hence the #50.

Last edited:
All.... A couple of decades ago at SHG there was an official tailgate and of course many wildcat ones. The sophomore team moms would bring food to the "ot" about three hours before the game. Small donations to that were accepted (though not a requirement) and at the end of the season any left over cash was used to buy odds and ends for the team. Anyway I always had a gathering already going full blast in the "corner" when the moms arrived with that food at the other end of the parking lot.

One Friday afternoon a group of the moms came my way and told me you are like a rat scurrying around in the corner all of the time. Thus cornerrat was born or often Ratsy or just plain rat to this very day. And the tailgate still continues as well. Ratsy

Last edited:
When signing up for “The Edgy Board” a AAA Battery was on my desk and as I was contemplating what moniker I use, I looked over and saw the Battery.
Neither exciting or sexy, but the real story.

Sounds silly, but at the time I joined in 2012 some of my nephews were between 8-16. They were obsessed with a video game and one of the characters was named Simon Riley. I had been reading edgy since 2010 but never joined because I was a coach and thought it a bad idea to be a coach and post. I also though I could hide who I was by listening to my nephews recommend the name of a video game character.

Turns out I was wrong because people at SF and Montini know who I am. What the hell.....I did try.

Last edited:
I was born and raised in Wilmington.
To keep it PC I’ll iust leave it at Wilmington and Kentucky have many similarities. Therefore Wilmatucky!

Now some may say Coal Tucky when talking about Coal City. But I’ll be the first to admit CC is way nicer than Wilmington in some ways.

Also thought about making it something with yellow hammers but not everyone would know that is associated with Wilmo. Also honestly don’t know if people still use that term.

We never had a Spartan mascot in costume at Glenbrook North where I coached for a long time, so I designed the costume and gave him the name Sparty Jones, a takeoff of Smarty Jones.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT