ADVERTISEMENT

What Chicago area players are starting in college?

I followed Fumagalli because I knew he was good. It was the oddest situation when he went to Wis. He had other offers, none from Wis, and went to Wis as a walk on. Shortly after he committed Wis offered another TE a scholarship. In all likelihood Fumagali is going to be playing on Sundays. Good for him.

Yeah he was really good in High School but kinda skinny - he has sure filled out and blossomed on the field these past few years!!

Yes kinda a head scratcher - but From what I heard - he really liked Wisconsin and the academics there and yes walked away from some scholarships at some other schools. Not sure if what I herd back then is accurate or not - but it would explain a little of the route he decided to take versus some of the other options he had.

Didn’t Montini have a great player do something similiar last year as well? Joe Spivak? Fantastic player and had other options but went to Northwestern as a PWO? Man I can definitely see that if you can swing the tuition - top 20 school in the country academically.

If any of you watched the Miami of Ohio and Ohio game on ESPN2 last night, you got to see Marian Central grad QB Billy Bahl play! He went 28 for 51 for 350yds, 3TD's and 2 picks. MCC should be proud the way their 2QB's, Chris Streveler and Billy Bahl are playing at the next level!
They seem to have produced quite a few good QBs pber the years. What's in the water up there?

They seem to have produced quite a few good QBs pber the years. What's in the water up there?
The coaching of that era, success of the program and location of the school! The kids in the area who wanted to play QB at a school that threw the ball wanted to go there! Simple! That's if they could afford the tuition.

That's very impressive. You also have the one wr in the NFL.

That's is very impressive. Reminds me of the 2011/2012 Aurora Christian team that had these players on it.

Joel Bouganon RB NIU (Was with the Chicago Bears)
Chad Beebe WR Starts for NIU now.
RJ Morris OL Ohio State
Anthony Maddie QB started for NIU last year
Brandon Mayes DB NIU/Western IL.
Can't remember their kicker but he kicked at Oregon
Plus they had 6 others that went on to play Div. 2

Yeah he was really good in High School but kinda skinny - he has sure filled out and blossomed on the field these past few years!!

Yes kinda a head scratcher - but From what I heard - he really liked Wisconsin and the academics there and yes walked away from some scholarships at some other schools. Not sure if what I herd back then is accurate or not - but it would explain a little of the route he decided to take versus some of the other options he had.

Didn’t Montini have a great player do something similiar last year as well? Joe Spivak? Fantastic player and had other options but went to Northwestern as a PWO? Man I can definitely see that if you can swing the tuition - top 20 school in the country academically.
Back in the day Troy, Mikey Dudek, and Joey Rhattigan played on the same Naperville Patriots team, I believe. Pretty good players. Joey graduated in the class that was the all time winningest class in Princeton history and was a captain his SR year. Both he and Dudek were absolute beasts at Neuqua.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Back in the day Troy, Mikey Dudek, and Joey Rhattigan played on the same Naperville Patriots team, I believe. Pretty good players. Joey graduated in the class that was the all time winningest class in Princeton history and was a captain his SR year. Both he and Dudek were absolute beasts at Neuqua.

Yes they were! That Rhattigan/Dudek combo was lethal. If Rhattigan didn’t run all over you - Dudek burned you for over a C note in receiving yards and multiple TDs.

Do you remember those 2012 Neuqua/Waubonsie games? NV won in OT during regular season and by a FG in the quarterfinals. Two of the best teams either School has produced and they were both in the same year!

Yes they were! That Rhattigan/Dudek combo was lethal. If Rhattigan didn’t run all over you - Dudek burned you for over a C note in receiving yards and multiple TDs.

Do you remember those 2012 Neuqua/Waubonsie games? NV won in OT during regular season and by a FG in the quarterfinals. Two of the best teams either School has produced and they were both in the same year!
Yes I do...very well. And there was a RB that played with those guys on the NP team.....he was the RB on WV that year....forgot his name though.

That year Neuqua played MC in the semi's. One of the best HS games I've seen in a long time (along with GBW v NV last year first round). Neuqua had the lead and MC won very late.

Austin Guido was the WV RB, he then played for Fleck at Western Michigan after graduation.

Yes I do...very well. And there was a RB that played with those guys on the NP team.....he was the RB on WV that year....forgot his name though.

That year Neuqua played MC in the semi's. One of the best HS games I've seen in a long time (along with GBW v NV last year first round). Neuqua had the lead and MC won very late.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
OL Doug Kramer from Hinsdale Central has seen a lot of playing time for the Illini this year. Pretty sure he has been a starter for at least a few of the weeks of this season.

Austin Guido was the WV RB, he then played for Fleck at Western Michigan after graduation.
That's right. Very good player. The talent on that Patriots team with Dudek and Fumigalli catching the ball and Guido and Joey running was incredible. I didn't know that Guido went to WMU. Good for him.

Glenbard West has a few but of particular note is Hayden Carlson, mvp of the 2012 7A title game, who started four years at Yale and yesterday had an INT against Harvard as Yale clinched their first Ivy title in 37 years. Great career capper.

Just watched Jason Balogh (‘15) start at CB for Dayton.

Nathan Marcus starting at Vandy
Jordon Hassan (‘14) won conf defensive POY At IWU
Ben Marcus (‘15) was D3 preseason all-American at WashU
Kyle Kramer (‘15) is Miami OH punter

I know I’m missing a few

That's is very impressive. Reminds me of the 2011/2012 Aurora Christian team that had these players on it.

Joel Bouganon RB NIU (Was with the Chicago Bears)
Chad Beebe WR Starts for NIU now.
RJ Morris OL Ohio State
Anthony Maddie QB started for NIU last year
Brandon Mayes DB NIU/Western IL.
Can't remember their kicker but he kicked at Oregon
Plus they had 6 others that went on to play Div. 2

Yet you have Catbox crying about playing 6A schools.

Glenbard West has a few but of particular note is Hayden Carlson, mvp of the 2012 7A title game, who started four years at Yale and yesterday had an INT against Harvard as Yale clinched their first Ivy title in 37 years. Great career capper.

Just watched Jason Balogh (‘15) start at CB for Dayton.

Nathan Marcus starting at Vandy
Jordon Hassan (‘14) won conf defensive POY At IWU
Ben Marcus (‘15) was D3 preseason all-American at WashU
Kyle Kramer (‘15) is Miami OH punter

I know I’m missing a few
I worked for years with Tommy Schutt's dad. He was a Hitter wasn't he? Buckeye DT who graduated 2 or 3 years ago.

Reactions: capnbillhitters
Ahmad Bradshaw, QB at Army. Gwendolyn Brooks High School Chicago.
I love watching him play. Fantastic command of their offense.

Joey Rhattigan's little brother, Jon, is a freshman LB for the Black Knights. He could be a good one.

Albert Okwuegbunam from SHG is a likely FR AA... 9 TD, a glut during their win streak

Not quite Chicagoland, but Freeport has Steve Mcshane at WIU, Travis Buckwalter at EIU, Zeke Vandenburgh at ISU and Malique Johnson at UAB. Mcshane and Johnson are starting! Not bad for a 5A in the middle of nowhere in NW Illinois!

St. Rita alumni currently playing at the collegiate level:

Marc Mondesir '17 (Illinois), Connor Kelly '17 (Illinois), Jake Stover '17 (Illinois), Sean Coghlan '17 (Illinois), Tim Zaleski '17 (Wyoming), Thomas Stacker Jr., '16 (South Dakota State), Drew Walega '16 (Eastern Illinois), Brandon Williams '16 (Arkansas State), Tom Rehfeld '15 (Western Illinois), Brandon Gaston '15 (Western Illinois), C.J. Weydeman '15 (Western Illinois), Tommy Mister '14 (Northern Illinois), Matt Byrne '14 (Indiana State), and others playing Division III or NAIA.

I followed Fumagalli because I knew he was good. It was the oddest situation when he went to Wis. He had other offers, none from Wis, and went to Wis as a walk on. Shortly after he committed Wis offered another TE a scholarship. In all likelihood Fumagali is going to be playing on Sundays. Good for him.
I believe Fum went as a gray shirt

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT