ADVERTISEMENT

What Are Your Top Teams You Like to Keep an Eye on During the Season?

The Western Big 8, or 7 for football
The CS8
The Sangamo
Camp Point
MTZ
R-B
M-S
ESL
The CCL/ESCC Rainbow
Batavia
LeWin
ALAH (our best friends!)
ChuckVegas (The Trojans)

Then the "downstate" Catholics...
Althoff
BCC
BMD
DST
SHG
PND
Marquette

Then the lonely hearts club band... aka The B12
Bloom
Norm Comm
Norm Comm West
Centennial
Richwoods
Peoria High

Reactions: rocketnation
Western Big 6 (especially Sterling)
Three Rivers
NUIC
Rock Falls (Some day, they will put one 5 win season together!)

Reactions: RoaminCatholic
Cary Grove
Mt. Carmel
Chatham
JCA
Byron
Le-Win
Maroa
Williamsville
Olympia
Wilmington
Morris
Arcola
Nokomis
Sullivan
Farmington
Athens
DuQuoin
Hardin Calhoun
Greenfield
St, T
Bridgeport Red Hill
Taylorville
Numerous conferences

Alabama:
Thompson
Hoover
Leeds
Spanish Fort
Daphne
Fairhope

Florida:
IMG
St. Thomas Aquinas
Seminole
Northwestern (Miami)

Texas:

Permian Odessa
Westlake
Aledo
Port Neches- Grove
Nederland
Katy

And several more.

https://www.si.com/high-school/football good source of high school football!

* I hope there are no injuries and that your teams do well this season.

~Super excited about QND finally finding a home! Very impressed (I'm hard to impress) with the QND coach John Cornell. He's one of the most articulate, well spoken coach I've ever heard speak. Hell, I want to play for him! LOL

~Le-Win will be a load this season.

~Good luck to the Morrison Pony Express with their new conference!

~Looking forward to the Caravan/Rambler game this season.

~Always looking forward to the Sangamo!

~Looking to see what Litchfield does after having a very nice season in 23.

~I think the CS8 will have 3 teams make deep playoff runs barring no key injuries.

~Watching the BDC, particularly the Fairfield Mules and if they can regain the top spot in the conference.

~Watching to see if Roxana was just a flash-in-the-pan team last season. I know Nate A was down in Shells land... He's a damn good coach so I'm sure he was sharing knowledge.

~My eye is on the Apollo and if Charleston can keep winning and improving. I see 4 teams doing well.

~How will Seneca do this year is what I want to see.

~The ILLINI PRAIRIE should be a fun conference to watch and if Monticello can regain the top of the heap.

~Inquisitive of the new Heart of Central Illinois conference pans out.

~May y'all have safe travels and awesome memories this football season!

~Super excited about QND finally finding a home! Very impressed (I'm hard to impress) with the QND coach John Cornell. He's one of the most articulate, well spoken coach I've ever heard speak. Hell, I want to play for him! LOL
Big Jack! It's that Illini education I suppose... But in all seriousness, he's the right guy for the job. If anyone is going to right the ship, it'll likely be him for QND. He's already made an unexpected trip to the semi's in 3A in 2019. It's an absolute shame that junior class that carried the load in 3A in '19 didn't get a chance to try again in '20. Had Williamsville on the ropes at home that day though, just couldn't quite finish. Jack and I both were on the team in 2004 that lost to Coal City in the semi's in 4A. He's on a mission to bring a title to Quincy. And I couldn't think of anyone better to take on a mission like that. 2A postseason for the Raiders this year, crazier things have happened, but you gotta make the dance to get the chance to show 'em what you got. QND's gotta find 5... Can't count on 4 to get you in again like last year.

How long have you been teaching at Oswego?
JCA-Went there
JT West-Live there
Oswego-Teach there.

In addition, I tend to follow some of the local schools as well as some CCL schools
Minooka
LWE
MC
PC
Montini
Naz

This year
DGN - 5 starting sophomores last year
LWE - always reloading
MC - with the loss of Dupree and the entire receiving core… they might need a few games to find their rhythm

Reactions: BRIANBOOGIE32
Carmel Catholic
Richmond-Burton
Barrington
Leo
Rolling Meadows
Marist

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT