ADVERTISEMENT

Week 8 CCL/ESCC Prediction Thread presented by RockSoup®

RockSoup

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2009
Week 8 brings us to another interconference week pitting the Purple at the Blue, the Green at the Orange and the Red at the White.

The Green at Orange presents us with the most competitive games on the slate.

St. Rita travels to the Emerald Isle to take on the rejuvenated Providence Celtic program in the Augustinian Bowl. With Simeon and Morgan Park rescheduling their game to Saturday, this game has become the WCIU Game of the Week. Can Coach Plantz' Celtics stop the Mustangs running attack and can Providence move the ball consistently against an improved and always hard-hitting St. Rita Defense. It'll be interesting to see how the Mustangs fare against the first team that can match their size since Week 3 while doing it at a difficult road venue. This game will be a good gauge to see where both teams are at heading towards the postseason.

4-3 Benet travels to Joliet Catholic and 3-4 Nazareth heads to Montini. Nazareth and Benet will square off in week 9 for a playoff spot if the Redwings can't upset the Hilltoppers on the road and the Roadrunners pass their test this week vs the Broncos.

Rock will try to recapture the pick'em lead from McCar while fending off pjjp, ignazio and a host of other esteemed prognosticators in the eleven games this weekend.

Marian Catholic at Brother Rice

[2022] Brother Rice (Chicago, IL) 38, [2022] Marian Catholic (Chicago Heights, IL) 17

Carmel of Mundelein at Marist

[2022] Marist (Chicago, IL) 35, [2022] Carmel (Mundelein, IL) 14

Saint Viator at Mount Carmel

[2022] Mount Carmel (Chicago, IL) 49, [2022] St. Viator (Arlington Heights, IL) 0

Saint Patrick at Loyola Academy

[2022] Loyola Academy (Wilmette, IL) 46, [2022] St. Patrick (Chicago, IL) 10

Saint Rita at Providence Catholic

[2022] St. Rita (Chicago, IL) 28, [2022] Providence Catholic (New Lenox, IL) 14

Nazareth Academy at Montini Catholic

[2022] Nazareth Academy (LaGrange Park, IL) 28, [2022] Montini Catholic (Lombard, IL) 14

Benet Academy at Joliet Catholic Academy

[2022] Joliet Catholic Academy (Joliet, IL) 28, [2022] Benet Academy (Lisle, IL) 21

Niles Notre Dame at Saint Laurence

[2022] Notre Dame (Niles, IL) 28, [2022] St. Laurence (Burbank, IL) 13

LEO at Marmion Academy

[2022] Marmion Academy (Aurora, IL) 22, [2022] Leo (Chicago, IL) 14

Hope Academy at De LaSalle Institute

[2022] Chicago Hope Academy (Chicago, IL) 38, [2022] De La Salle (Chicago, IL) 20

DePaul College Prep at Saint Ignatius College Prep

[2022] St. Ignatius (Chicago, IL) 42, [2022] DePaul College Prep (Chicago, IL) 14

Fenwick (off)

Reactions: lookoutforliam
BR -21
Marist -21
St. Viator +49
Loyola -36
PC +14
Naz -14
JCA -7
NND -15
Marmion -8
DLS +18
Iggy -28

Reactions: RockSoup
Spartan +21
RedHawk -21
Red Lion +49
Shamrock +36
Celtic +14
Roadrunner -14
Hilltopper -7
Viking +15
Cadet -8
Meteor +18
Ram +28

Rice -21
Marist -21
Viator +49
Loyola -36
Provi +14
Naz -14
JCA -7
ND -15
Marmion -8
DLS +18
Ignatius -28

Some OK matchups this week for a crossover week, which are usually just full of duds.

Brother Rice -21 vs Marian Catholic: The Spartans are on the doorstep of a playoff berth. Unfortunately, it won't happen this week. Home vs CoM next week presents a prime opportunity for this surprisingly strong squad. Crusaders lock up a playoff berth.

Marist -21 vs CoM: The RedHawks cruise to an easy win as they head into the week 9 rivalry showdown vs Brother Rice.

Mount Carmel -49 vs Viator: After a promising 3-0 start, the Lions will be in a must-win scenario against the Shamrocks, who will also be in a must-win scenario because....

Loyola -36 vs St. Patrick: Good to see these two teams play. Decent number of shared feeder Catholic schools. Unfortunately for the Shamrocks, Loyola is a machine. Ramblers cruise, setting up a win-or-go-home game at Triton College next week vs the St. Viator Lions.

Providence +14 vs St. Rita: Game of the Week. Celtics gave the mighty Ramblers all they wanted last week. I think they'll do the same this week, and could even pull off an upset.

Naz -14 vs Montini: Roadrunners eliminate rival Broncos from playoff contention, setting up yet another likely 4-4 vs 4-4 showdown next week because...

JCA -7 vs Benet: Not sure what the deal was last week with Benet only winning 7-0 vs a 2-6 South Bend St. Joseph team, but I don't see them matching up with the mighty offense of the Hilltoppers. It'll come down to their game against Naz next week to get in the playoffs.

StL +15 vs ND: I think the Dons win this one by 10, but the Vikes will be hungry with their backs against the wall.

Leo +8 vs Marmion

Hope -18 vs DLS

Iggy -28 vs DePaul

Rice -21
Marist -21
MC-49
LA-36
PC+14
Naz-14
Benet+7
Laurence+15
Marmion-8
DLS+18
Iggy-28

Rice -21 The Crusaders are HOT right now
Marist -21
Mount Carmel -49
Loyola -36
Providence +14
Naz -14
JCA -7
ND -15
Marmion -8
DLS +18
Rams +28

3 games on the slate are dependent on personnel decisions I’m not privy to.

Sparta +21
Redhawk -21
Lion +49
Shamrock +36
Celtic +14
Bronco +14
Hilltopper-7
Viking +15
Cadet -8
Meteor +18
Rams +28

BR -21 - Spartans can score, they just can't stop! I have a feeling this will be a push on the score.

Marist -21- Marist by 28

Lions +49- Feeling this might be a push as well. If not MC by 42.

Loyola -36- After a couple slow weeks, Loyola goes off on the local (ish) rival.

PC +14- Again, possible push here, possible upset being talked here, but I like SR to win by.....14

Naz -14- Both teams are a wreck, but Naz occasionally shows a pulse.

Hilltoppers -7- Bounce back after last weeks OT L. JCA by 14.

ND -15- Both lost 42 to 0 to MC but ND appeared to give an effort, Laurence did not.

Cadets -8

Meteor +18- C'mon Marty! This is the week!

Rams +28- Lock of the week! Iggy by 17.

Last edited:
On calpreps, you can project a matchup between teams from different years (and different states). Can be fun to mess around with sometimes.
Might be an interesting off season thread. The all time IHSA champion. The dust ups between Edgyites might rival some of the playoff ones we see.

Viator +42. Might try to make it down to the game depending on what time my daughter's volleyball game ends.

MC has the best stadium I've been to....fun place to watch a game, even if the Lions are likely in for a tough matchup.

Reactions: Silver Rain
Rice -21
Marist -21
Viator +49
Loyola -36
Provi +14
Naz -14
Benet +7
ND -15
Marmion -8
DLS +18
Ignatius -28

Crusader (State champs, Div IV, Sec AAA, Bracket V)
'Skins (They should collect a few scalps.)
Lion (Mercy rule.)
Rocks (Senior Day.)
Mustang (Outgoing beats Incoming.)
Bronco (Good seats still available.)
Hill-men (Gambletron's been drinking.)
Viking (The once Michelin-rated concession stand at SL has regressed.)
Cadet (Love-of-the-game game.)
Meteor (Good luck Marty McFly.)
Wolves (Track meet.)

Marian Catholic 21
Marist -21
St. Viator 49
Loyola Academy -36
Providence Catholic (New Lenox, IL) 14
Nazareth Academy -14
Joliet Catholic Academy -7
Notre Dame -15
Marmion Academy -8
De La Salle 18
St. Ignatius -28

Rock:

I enjoy the analysis, I do.

Rice, MC, LA, and Marist notch wins this weekend.

Though I fear I may be giving my spiritual cousins at Saint Rita a mandate to hang, draw and quarter me at Millenium Park or stick me in a dungeon, I have an eerie feeling the Rita-PC game could be a trap for the Mustangs.

Reactions: lookoutforliam
We all applauded him for that.
Darn it 63, I was actually going to go there with you in my Teddy comment and end it with something like a young MC63 in his St. Cyril uniform was happy. And I punted and didn’t go there and then you did. Bravo good sir.

Darn it 63, I was actually going to go there with you in my Teddy comment and end it with something like a young MC63 in his St. Cyril uniform was happy. And I punted and didn’t go there and then you did. Bravo good sir.
My best to you, sir.

Rock:

I enjoy the analysis, I do.

Rice, MC, LA, and Marist notch wins this weekend.

Though I fear I may be giving my spiritual cousins at Saint Rita a mandate to hang, draw and quarter me at Millenium Park or stick me in a dungeon, I have an eerie feeling the Rita-PC game could be a trap for the Mustangs.
Mwitt, you publicly mentioning your concern for the Mustangs would’ve gotten you chased around Hayes Park 40 ish years ago by a much more in shape Rock.

But as I wind down from the Bears embarrassment and retire for the night. As I ponder your ‘eerie feeling’, I cannot make that feeling go away for you and respect you for stating it.

I expect an incredible battle. My concern comes from being down vs Benet until a Fake Punt TD and a personnel change turned that game around and only being up 10-3 at the half at Naz vs a competitive but, compared to Providence, physically smaller team.

While I believe in the end the Mustangs ground game should be too much for the back-in-business young Celtic team, I’m never confident going on the road and letting an inspired program stick around drive for drive. And that’s how I see it, just really a competitive game from the start until the end.

But now I shall go to bed for the night and awake with a strengthened conviction at the gym tomorrow to get back to my brawling weight in case I have to blame you for a loss. Good night

namerk7WK8rk8pctrwinslosstgpwpct
@BoundaryCorner
10​
9​
10​
6​
35​
23​
58​
60.3%​
@McCaravan
1​
8​
1​
1​
71​
28​
99​
71.7%​
@pjjp
3​
8​
2​
3​
68​
39​
107​
63.6%​
@stl705
8​
8​
7​
11​
60​
47​
107​
56.1%​
@USD24
5​
7​
4​
2​
62​
27​
89​
69.7%​
@BornNRazed
5​
7​
4​
10​
62​
45​
107​
57.9%​
@GoBlers U
7​
14​
3​
7​
4​
11​
63.6%​
@ESCC fan
7​
6​
7​
11​
60​
47​
107​
56.1%​
@3OrangeWhips
8​
5​
9​
14​
57​
50​
107​
53.3%​
@RockSoup
2​
4​
3​
5​
65​
42​
107​
60.7%​
@ignazio
4​
4​
6​
8​
61​
41​
102​
59.8%​
@refref01
14​
4​
13​
15​
9​
12​
21​
42.9%​
go_rice
11​
0​
11​
7​
21​
14​
35​
60.0%​
billythebuffoon
12​
0​
12​
13​
20​
17​
37​
54.1%​
ramblinman
13​
0​
14​
9​
7​
5​
12​
58.3%​

Week 8 news and notes:

Boundary, our thread's young Ram supporter, and young rams are lambs, but Boundary came out this week like a lion as BC roars to the week8 victory

Par was 6.41 so McCar (what else is new). pj, 705, usd, bnr, and the excitable rookie goble (try decaf) gained on the field.

The artists formerly known as RockSoup and ignazio stink again this week

Dep and Iggy pushed. No points for anyone for that game. So 10 possible points awarded and BC got 9. Nice work

I don't know why ignazio played bad this week but I do know Rock's been distressed with his Mustangs who will finish the season and head into the playoffs only featuring one third of the firepower they have and will not change it for whatever reason. Since my recaps faded after the Pat's game and an earlier-than-it-has-to-be exit from the postseason looms, Let me tell you about this basketball team they have at beautiful St. Rita High School....

Last edited:
Week 8 news and notes:

Boundary, our thread's young Ram supporter, and young rams are lambs, but Boundary came out this week like a lion as BC roars to the week8 victory

Par was 6.41 so McCar (what else is new). pj, 705, usd, bnr, and the excitable rookie goble (try decaf) gained on the field.

The artists formerly known as RockSoup and ignazio stink again this week

I don't know why ignazio played bad this week but I do know Rock's been distressed with his Mustangs who will finish the season and head into the playoffs only featuring one third of the firepower they have and will not change it for whatever reason. Since my recaps faded after the Pat's game and an earlier-than-it-has-to-be exit from the postseason looms, Let me tell you about this basketball team they have at beautiful St. Rita High School....
Rocky, I meant to tell you that SR's road unis last Friday were among the sharpest I've ever seen at any level of football. No one should ever wear all dark uniforms, ever.

Rocky, I meant to tell you that SR's road unis last Friday were among the sharpest I've ever seen at any level of football. No one should ever wear all dark uniforms, ever.
Yessir 63, that white on white on white look with the red and blue details are the best combo they have in my opinion

Reactions: Jenny27
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT