ADVERTISEMENT

Week 7 polls who should be in and who’s out?

I am very familiar with Cahokia and who they have. You can't play Rochester man so that becomes irrelevant. See Phillips a few years back. This goes back to my point of knowing how to win in the playoffs. Athleticism means pretty much nothing. I will also add that this years 4A is looking to be pretty stacked with the top smaller 5A and the top larger 3A's. As a 618 person I am routing for Cahokia. I have also been around a long time and it's a reason why some schools win and others don't. If it were that simple, it would have been done already. There is a first time for everything so I can't wait to see the results.
Notice what they did to Marion and what Marion has done in all their other games. That was a 30-0 game in the 3rd quarter. I realize Marion typically does little in the playoffs and plays a soft non conference schedule but it’s hard to ignore the comparison.

Notice what they did to Marion and what Marion has done in all their other games. That was a 30-0 game in the 3rd quarter. I realize Marion typically does little in the playoffs and plays a soft non conference schedule but it’s hard to ignore the comparison.
Good luck. Playing up north in November is a different world. I told a friend of mine CC HIGH can make some noise in the playoffs if they make it

Marron hasn't beat a winning team this year have they? I will take it a step further, they haven't beat a team that has more than 2 wins yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: dcaudle68
South 7 is down for sure with the decline of Althoff at least the past couple of years. Mt Vernon is really bad!!

I agree which is why I wouldn't be so cocky just yet. Things can go well for Cahokia but they can also go bad quick.

Queen4,
Please share what impact you envision “Moore” and “Fleming” having for the Hilltoppers. As no one named “Fleming” is on Hilltopper roster at any level and I do not recall seeing anyone named “Moore” take the field for them this year, I consider your insight to be invaluable.
Do I sense an effort by a Crusader insider attempting to plant bulletin board material?
"I am guessing he is referring to DB Hood (Moore) and WR Fieldman(Fleming)."

A playmaking wide receiver and a D-1 linebacker/defensive back. For years, JCA has been advertising this class, and it is living up to the hype.

I'm hoping this doesn't end up in the locker room. Takes that anyone can see if they watch JCA play.

Reactions: penlight
Queen4,
Please share what impact you envision “Moore” and “Fleming” having for the Hilltoppers. As no one named “Fleming” is on Hilltopper roster at any level and I do not recall seeing anyone named “Moore” take the field for them this year, I consider your insight to be invaluable.
Do I sense an effort by a Crusader insider attempting to plant bulletin board material?
I’m concerned about Goolsby and Fleener.

I agree which is why I wouldn't be so cocky just yet. Things can go well for Cahokia but they can also go bad quick.
Cahokia has played 3 tough non conference games as well. One of the opponents from Kentucky has a victory over Bishop Sycamore to its credit 🤣

Very clever response to a very true statement. JCA should be in 7A. Otherwise, any trophy is a party gift.
They play 1 team 7A or greater all year. Why should they be 7A. That goes against your old argument of playing big schools all year and then playing 5A

Reactions: ClownBaby and USD24
Very clever response to a very true statement. JCA should be in 7A. Otherwise, any trophy is a party gift.
Maybe in your opinion, but definitely not for the kids playing the game. And that’s all that really matters. It is childish of you to diminish any state championship that a high school kid wins.

Maybe in your opinion, but definitely not for the kids playing the game. And that’s all that really matters. It is childish of you to diminish any state championship that a high school kid wins.
Think how proud they would be/ could be if they were a few notches up, where they belong. BTW, I have never, ever diminished the efforts of any prep athlete ... ever. I've questioned the values of their school's administrators plenty of time, but not the kids. You can shelve that remark.

Think how proud they would be/ could be if they were a few notches up, where they belong. BTW, I have never, ever diminished the efforts of any prep athlete ... ever. I've questioned the values of their school's administrators plenty of time, but not the kids. You can shelve that remark.
Pretty sure calling a state championship trophy a “parting gift” is clearly diminishing the efforts of a prep athlete and what they accomplish. Questioning the values of a schools admin based on what football class they are placed in is pretty weird if you ask me, but you just keep doing what you do🙄

. Questioning the values of a schools admin based on what football class they are placed in is pretty weird if you ask me, but you just keep doing what you do🙄
It's not where they're placed .... it's where they allow themselves to be placed in future seasons. If MC was placed in 5A during a particular season, that's one thing. If they didn't petition up the next year, that's the time when my fellow alums and I pull our financial support. You should be embarrassed to be in 4A

• Love
Reactions: go_rice
Streator, Murphysboro, Harrisburg, Freeburg, Mt. Zion, Effingham.........Thats just a sample of the small town schools in this week's 4A bracket. Does Joliet Catholic have anything in common with these teams? You recruit players to a private school from a city the size of Joliet and its surrounding areas. They get kids who grow up in the small towns of Streator, Murphysboro, Harrisburg, Freeburg, Mt. Zion, Effingham. This really is a joke. Ive never stood so united with MC6Mike Tyson box3 on anything. You are nothing but paper tigers with bogus championships! I'd consider this the equal of a heavyweight boxing in the bantamweight class. Kick a puppy dog today!

Reactions: Blue Ruin
It's not where they're placed .... it's where they allow themselves to be placed in future seasons. If MC was placed in 5A during a particular season, that's one thing. If they didn't petition up the next year, that's the time when my fellow alums and I pull our financial support. You should be embarrassed to be in 4A
If anyone should be embarrassed, it is you, for making that statement. It is a sad day when alums are pulling financial support for an educational institution based on which class of football they are in. Your statement tells me all I need to know about you. . Enjoy the rest of your week.

Last edited:
Streator, Murphysboro, Harrisburg, Freeburg, Mt. Zion, Effingham.........Thats just a sample of the small town schools in this week's 4A bracket. Does Joliet Catholic have anything in common with these teams? You recruit players to a private school from a city the size of Joliet and its surrounding areas. They get kids who grow up in the small towns of Streator, Murphysboro, Harrisburg, Freeburg, Mt. Zion, Effingham. This really is a joke. Ive never stood so united with MC6Mike Tyson box3 on anything. You are nothing but paper tigers with bogus championships! I'd consider this the equal of a heavyweight boxing in the bantamweight class. Kick a puppy dog today!
Not a lot in common with those teams, but they do have a great deal in common with St Laurence, DeLaSalle, Peoria Notre Dame, St Francis, Quincy Notre Dame, SHG, Wheaton Academy...just a sample of other 4A schools that will be in this years playoffs. I would ask you what does Rice have in common with Geneva, Moline, Collinsville, Lake Zurich and Normal Community? That is a sample of the small town schools in this weeks 7A bracket. Rice has more than 2x the boys than JCA, therefore they are competing in a larger class. Makes sense to me. I have no problems debating this issue, what i dont understand is your need to demean these kids who worked hard to win these championships. There is not a single championship at any level that is a "bogus championship". And for you to say otherwise is nonsense. Hopefully, my son has the opportunity to win a state championship this year. If he does, he and his teammates will not and should not feel that it is a bogus championship. The immaturity of some people on this board is astounding.

Last edited:
I will say that I would NOT want to see Cahokia in the playoffs. Their four losses are: (a) 2 points to Cardinal Ritter, a really good Catholic high school in St. Louis, (b) 15 points to Homewood-Flossmoor, a 4-2 team with about 3.5 times their enrollment, (c) 6 points in overtime to Johnson Central, a really good Kentucky team (in eastern Kentucky - talk about a long road trip to Cahokia), and (d) a COVID forfeit. That is a team with clear potential. I don't say that Cahokia would beat JCA, but I'd put them as a favorite over most other teams in the 4A bracket.

If anyone should be embarrassed, it is you, for making that statement. It is a sad day when alums are pulling financial support for an educational institution based on which class of football they are in. Your statement tells me all I need to know about you. . Enjoy the rest of your week.
The financial support I mentioned would be in response to settling for mediocrity, which we were taught against. Hope that clears it up for you.
Settling for 4A is like a big bully beating up on little kids.

The financial support I mentioned would be in response to settling for mediocrity, which we were taught against. Hope that clears it up for you.
Why doesn't MtC petition to play 8A ? What makes Loyola any different than them. Loyola petitioned up.

I was never taught to base my financial support on what class of football we play in. For that matter, the strength or weakness of a sports program has never or will never influence my financial contribution to my alma mater. I guess that is where we differ. I hope that clears it up for you.

This the same thought process I have for CCL playing a more national schedule
I’d like to see more regional games to start out. I guess I’d also be curious as to how the travel works and who pays for all that (plane, hotels, etc). I know with youth travel teams the parents for that bill in some form or another. ESL traveling this season so I’m sure their supporters or families know more about how that works and could explain it.

But I would like to see MC play some teams in Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Wisconsin for sure.

Reactions: Odirty
You play more 8a teams than 7a.
Ooooooh, I don't know. I'm sorta thinking you might want to do some very basic research before you take a shot. According to Catch 22's analysis, two of MC's 9 opponents (LA and Marist) are 8A, while BR, SR and Phillips are 7A. That's three to two, as my first grade arithmetic skills would indicate. MC has one opponent each in 6A, 5A and 4A. I don't know about Niles Notre Dame, but I doubt if they're 8A. BTW, I noticed that Montini is in 3A. That's really embarrassing. That's not their usual Saturday morning status, but, gads, Friday afternoon! (Did the PC teams of the 90s and early 2000s sink that low for a trophy?)

Ooooooh, I don't know. I'm sorta thinking you might want to do some very basic research before you take a shot. According to Catch 22's analysis, two of MC's 9 opponents (LA and Marist) are 8A, while BR, SR and Phillips are 7A. That's three to two, as my first grade arithmetic skills would indicate. MC has one opponent each in 6A, 5A and 4A. I don't know about Niles Notre Dame, but I doubt if they're 8A. BTW, I noticed that Montini is in 3A. That's really embarrassing. That's not their usual Saturday morning status, but, gads, Friday afternoon! (Did the PC teams of the 90s and early 2000s sink that low for a trophy?)
You're right about basic research but maybe you should've done it yourself. Lets take a look at MC schedule.
Correct enrollment #s everyone multiplied that should be, no waivers. I also did you a solid and put which class that is based on the last known playoff cuts (2019)

Now go ahead and rewrite your post and change your narrative. Or cut your donation since Mt. Carmel in your own words should be playing 8A since they play mostly 8A schools. What an embarrassment.

You're right about basic research but maybe you should've done it yourself. Lets take a look at MC schedule.
Correct enrollment #s everyone multiplied that should be, no waivers. I also did you a solid and put which class that is based on the last known playoff cuts (2019)

Now go ahead and rewrite your post and change your narrative. Or cut your donation since Mt. Carmel in your own words should be playing 8A since they play mostly 8A schools. What an embarrassment.
First of all, I believe that most MC alums would agree with me that we'd love to be in 8A. However, despite all your research, we're right where we're supposed to be.

I know that some of you fellows disagree with criticism of powerful CCL teams (including those from the elusive eastern suburbs) willing to settle for 3A, 4A, or 5A playoffs. It's usually one of the same three schools.

If you criticize their position, they're quick to shift blame. Their fallback response is that you are demeaning the school's athletes, efforts and accomplishments. You're belittling kids. You're the bad guy.

But, by the school settling down, those kids are being denied the opportunity to play up to their capabilities. Instead, they are being held back by some trophy hunter trying to pump up his resume. (A medal around you neck looks good on paper.)

A few years ago, a TV anchor gushed about one of those schools winning "yet another consecutive state championship!" I wondered how proud that school could have been if even one of those games had been won against an opponent of its own caliber-- the type they played against throughout the regular season.

• Haha
Reactions: Blue Ruin and USD24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT