ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5 lower level results

I heard MC frosh won 28-0. I did not make the game though was just getting to sleep at 9 am after Fri debacle

JCA got its first overall program win this weekend. The bad news? It was a 2-0 forfeit win over MCC, since they don't have a soph. team. That brings the overall program record to 1-14 on the year.

JCA got its first overall program win this weekend. The bad news? It was a 2-0 forfeit win over MCC, since they don't have a soph. team. That brings the overall program record to 1-14 on the year.
Maybe they get fat this weekend.

JC played and won a JV game on Saturday morning.

1-14? That is terrible, that's embarassing. I thought this was just supposed to be a poor senior class at JCA which everyone figured would result in a poor season. Many JCA posters on here have mentioned that for over a year to two years now and this wasn't a surprise.

But was supposed to be a blip on the radar followed up by more success in the future. Not the case?

Siu,

Yep. 32-22. SF freshman team has some talent and has some really good numbers.

I think the CCL Green looks pretty good on the Freshman level for all programs. Lost of close games. I think SF, Marmion, Fenwick, Montini, and DLS all look relatively equal if you look at the scores.

Montini and SF have numbers. Marmion has low numbers (26) but look like they have the right 26.

No sure about Fenwick and DLS but I am going to guess they have good numbers as well

1-14? That is terrible, that's embarassing. I thought this was just supposed to be a poor senior class at JCA which everyone figured would result in a poor season. Many JCA posters on here have mentioned that for over a year to two years now and this wasn't a surprise.

But was supposed to be a blip on the radar followed up by more success in the future. Not the case?

I think it is a blip. The problem is that there are 12 sophs playing on the varsity. In addition, a big group of frosh are also playing on the soph team. With the lack of overall numbers, this really hurts the lower levels. If you take the top 12 players from any sophomore team, they are going to struggle.

Based on the underclassmen in the program, I believe JC will be a playoff team next year and compete for a state championship in 5A in 2018.

I think it is a blip. The problem is that there are 12 sophs playing on the varsity. In addition, a big group of frosh are also playing on the soph team. With the lack of overall numbers, this really hurts the lower levels. If you take the top 12 players from any sophomore team, they are going to struggle.

Based on the underclassmen in the program, I believe JC will be a playoff team next year and compete for a state championship in 5A in 2018.

12 Sophs up on Varsity? Holy crap! They will be seasoned vets next year and will be dominant players by Senior year.

It's interesting to watch the first couple games of the season - the incoming Juniors that haven't played a snap yet on varsity and are starting look like "deer in headlights" the first couple games and then they settle down, get used to the speed of the game and get a lot better as the season rolls along. To get that as a soph.. puts those players way ahead when they become juniors.

Reactions: Gene K.

I can't imagine many programs, if any, in the state would be successful with that many sophs on varsity and in turn that many frosh on sophs. Understand your post completely, I was unaware that many sophs are up!

Aurora Christian JV 44
DePaul Prep JV 0

Previous week JV
AC 24
DLS 34

How many frosh are playing on the soph team? I know a lot are listed on the roster, but I suspect they are up to serve as backup for injuries. I watched the ND soph game and didn't see many frosh playing.

To be also fair to JCA they really have never given a damn about Frosh/Soph results, as they should. It's all about player development.

How many frosh are playing on the soph team? I know a lot are listed on the roster, but I suspect they are up to serve as backup for injuries. I watched the ND soph game and didn't see many frosh playing.
You are correct in the fact that most are up there as back ups, 5 or 6 frosh have been getting consistent playing time at the soph level.

You are correct in the fact that most are up there as back ups, 5 or 6 frosh have been getting consistent playing time at the soph level.
It didn't look like too many sophs starting though on varsity. 4-5?

It didn't look like too many sophs starting though on varsity. 4-5?
The ones I believe to be starting......2 O-linemen, TE, RB, DE, LB, Safety and kicker. Another soph. O-lineman has started some games due to injury. So my estimate is 8 or 9. 12 sophs are on the varsity roster. I believe two of them play a few qtrs. on the soph. level, so 10 are exclusively varsity.

The ones I believe to be starting......2 O-linemen, TE, RB, DE, LB, Safety and kicker. Another soph. O-lineman has started some games due to injury. So my estimate is 8 or 9. 12 sophs are on the varsity roster. I believe two of them play a few qtrs. on the soph. level, so 10 are exclusively varsity.
Another soph will most likely be starting as a db this week due to injury. That would mean as many as 9 sophs starting/getting significant playing time against Naz on Friday night..

Another soph will most likely be starting as a db this week due to injury. That would mean as many as 9 sophs starting/getting significant playing time against Naz on Friday night..
It'll be like a sophmore game. 9 sophs and a frosh for us vs your 9 sophs.

Hows #52 the lineman. Saw he got hurt against ND. Was it the same knee he injured against us last year. Hope he's ok he was a beast as a soph.

wow....

LWW Sophs (4-1) lost first game to HF 18 - 14
LWW had a 4th and goal at the two with 28 second left to win

HF scored on two LWW muffed punts and LWW also scored on an HF muffed punt
Sloppy game by both teams but entertaining right up until the end

Last week vs MCC was basically the first week that the sophomore team was almost completely intact and they won by 40. On the Freshman level, numbers are really down, good athletes on the team, just not a lot of tackle football experience. A lot of Freshman athletes at JCA opted not to play football

Siu,

Yep. 32-22. SF freshman team has some talent and has some really good numbers.
The SFHS Frosh team is loaded with talent... Great squad big things to come for this team. #30 not even being tapped for his true talent they seem to be testing him and others for depth.

Reactions: mc140
I think the CCL Green looks pretty good on the Freshman level for all programs. Lost of close games. I think SF, Marmion, Fenwick, Montini, and DLS all look relatively equal if you look at the scores.

Montini and SF have numbers. Marmion has low numbers (26) but look like they have the right 26.

No sure about Fenwick and DLS but I am going to guess they have good numbers as well
CCL will be extremely strong with this frosh class when they hit varsity.. They are shaping up well across the board. Coaching needs to be careful to mind rotations so as not to drop kids from the programs.

Last week vs MCC was basically the first week that the sophomore team was almost completely intact and they won by 40. On the Freshman level, numbers are really down, good athletes on the team, just not a lot of tackle football experience. A lot of Freshman athletes at JCA opted not to play football

BASEBALL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT