4. Chicago Marist (3-1) 52 2

5. Glenbard West (4-0) 49 T6

6. Gurnee Warren (3-1) 44 4

7. Maine South (3-1) 35 1

8. Lincoln-Way East (3-1) 33 T6

9. Bolingbrook (3-0) 17 8

t-10. Lockport (4-0) 12 NR

t-10. O'Fallon (3-1) 12 NR

Others receiving votes: South Elgin 9, Palatine 4, Glenbard East 3, Hinsdale Central 2, Homewood-Flossmoor 1, Oswego East 1.

Class 7A​

School W-L Pts Prv

1. Chicago Mt. Carmel (9) (4-0) 99 2

2. Brother Rice (1) (3-1) 85 3

3. Batavia (4-0) 80 4

4. Wheaton North (3-1) 64 5

5. Chicago St. Rita (2-2) 57 7

6. Hersey (4-0) 50 6

7. Normal Community (4-0) 37 T9

8. Hononegah (4-0) 23 NR

9. Buffalo Grove (4-0) 21 NR

10. Wheaton Warrenville South (2-2) 8 8

Others receiving votes: St. Charles North 6, Libertyville 6, Prospect 5, Pekin 3, Collinsville 2, Moline 2, Geneva 2.

Class 6A​

School W-L Pts Prv

1. East St. Louis (9) (3-1) 106 3

2. Cary-Grove (2) (4-0) 96 1

3. Kankakee (4-0) 83 2

4. Crete-Monee (3-1) 76 4

5. Crystal Lake Prairie Ridge (4-0) 69 7

6. Lemont (4-0) 65 5

7. Kenwood (4-0) 22 NR

(tie) Lake Forest (3-1) 22 10

9. Wauconda (4-0) 14 NR

10. Oak Lawn Richards (3-1) 10 NR

Others receiving votes: Machesney Park Harlem 9, Chicago (Simeon) 8, Springfield 6, St. Ignatius 6, Vernon Hills 3, Belvidere North 3, Chatham Glenwood 3, Crystal Lake Central 3, Deerfield 1.

Class 5A​

School W-L Pts Prv

1. Rochester (10) (3-1) 100 1

2. Oak Park (Fenwick) (3-1) 77 3

3. Providence (2-2) 71 2

4. Mascoutah (4-0) 67 5

5. Sycamore (3-1) 55 6

6. Peoria (3-1) 52 7

7. Morris (4-0) 42 8

8. Metamora (4-0) 35 T10

9. Sterling (3-1) 21 NR

10. Mahomet-Seymour (4-0) 15 NR

Others receiving votes: Marion 6, Chicago (Morgan Park) 6, Glenbard South 3.

Class 4A​

School W-L Pts Prv

1. Joliet Catholic (12) (4-0) 120 1

2. Springfield Sacred Heart-Griffin (3-1) 103 2

3. Richmond-Burton (4-0) 92 3

4. St. Francis (3-1) 87 4

5. Quincy Notre Dame (4-0) 75 5

6. Chicago (Phillips) (2-2) 47 8

7. Coal City (2-2) 37 9

8. Genoa-Kingston (3-1) 29 6

9. Mt. Zion (3-1) 18 T10

10. Stillman Valley (3-1) 16 NR

Others receiving votes: Bethalto Civic Memorial 12, Carterville 9, Hyde Park 6, Dixon 4, Murphysboro 2, Cahokia 1, Plano 1, Breese Central 1.

Class 3A​

School W-L Pts Prv

1. Wilmington (7) (4-0) 96 1

2. Princeton (3) (4-0) 89 2

3. Monticello (4-0) 79 3

4. Tolono Unity (4-0) 62 4

5. Williamsville (4-0) 60 5

6. Byron (4-0) 56 6

7. Farmington (4-0) 37 7

8. Mt. Carmel (4-0) 31 8

9. Montini (1-3) 13 9

10. Reed-Custer (4-0) 9 NR

Others receiving votes: Durand 8, Wheaton Academy 3, Benton 3, Paxton-Buckley-Loda 2, Nashville 1, Carlinville 1.

Class 2A​

School W-L Pts Prv

1. Decatur St. Teresa (7) (4-0) 97 1

2. IC Catholic (3) (4-0) 88 2

3. Maroa-Forsyth (4-0) 82 3

4. Breese Mater Dei (4-0) 71 4

5. Downs Tri-Valley (4-0) 56 6

6. Bismarck-Henning (4-0) 54 7

7. Pana (4-0) 40 8

8. Rushville-Industry (4-0) 22 10

9. Knoxville (4-0) 18 NR

10. Rockridge (2-2) 6 5

(tie) Sterling Newman (2-2) 6 9

Others receiving votes: Clifton Central 5, Athens 3, Tremont 2, Bishop McNamara 1.

Class 1A​

School W-L Pts Prv

1. Lena-Winslow (9) (4-0) 90 1

2. Mt. Sterling Brown County (4-0) 73 T2

3. Moweaqua Central A&M (3-1) 71 T2

4. Winchester West Central (4-0) 39 9

t-5. Camp Point Central (3-1) 38 6

t-5. Carrollton (3-1) 38 8

7. Fulton (3-1) 36 7

t-8. Abingdon (4-0) 20 NR

t-8. Annawan/Wethersfield (3-1) 20 10

10. Forreston (3-1) 17 NR

Others receiving votes: St. Bede 13, Aurora Christian 13, Gibson City-Melvin-Sibley 12, Cumberland 7, Greenfield-Northwestern 6, Ottawa Marquette 2.

I think 5A is the most interesting class for so many reasons.

The first and most obvious one is, where will the enrollment line be? I know the big question has been will it go low enough to include Rochester, but the better question is becoming which 6A schools may fall down to 5A. If the playoffs started today, both Kankakee and Prairie Ridge would be 5A.

Another important thing to watch is where the North/South line will be at. Right now, the line would be super far north as Morgan Park would be in the southern bracket.

And of course the biggest question of all: who is going to win it all? 5A may be the hardest class to predict to a winner for right now. Even if you throw out all the 4A/6A teams, it would be tough to pick any of these top 5A schools over any other one.

4A Yikes

5A is almost looking how it should without 8A teams masquerading as 5A teams. Pretty silly to think a 5A team has to be competitive with Loyola in order to be good.

6A is looking pretty interesting after EStL.

I actually surprised York isn’t getting any votes in 8A. I really think people are sleeping on them.

Reactions: Alexander32
Montini still getting 3A votes. I’m not familiar enough to say for sure, but it seems like a tall order to get 3 more wins with the schedule they have. Not sure how they compare to Providence and Naz this year.

I've only seen them on YouTube, as HC hasn't played them yet. But from what I've seen, they are pretty good this year, and getting better. They are about to go through a tough grind schedule wise, though. LT this week, GW next week, then HC.
The ‘eh’ was for Bowie (the OG of using ‘eh’ on Edgy) in response to his half-hearted apology, not intended for York. Your posts and knowledge are legit RD, I trust your assessments.

Speaking of Bowie’s first dismissive ‘eh’ post, it’s the 3 year anniversary for it.

• Haha
Reactions: RD_Watcher
The ‘eh’ was for Bowie (the OG of using ‘eh’ on Edgy) in response to his half-hearted apology, not intended for York. Your posts and knowledge are legit RD, I trust your assessments.

Speaking of Bowie’s first dismissive ‘eh’ post, it’s the 3 year anniversary for it.
Hey! I meant every word. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: RockSoup
I think 8A will be the most interesting playoff bracket, due to the likely chaos in seeding.

Based on the MJ projections, top 5 seedings will look like this

1) Loyola
2) South Elgin
3) Oswego East
4) Glenbard West
5) Nequa

This means several of the big hitters (LWE, Marist, Maine South, Brother Rice) could end up meeting themselves or Loyola within the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

I think 8A will be the most interesting playoff bracket, due to the likely chaos in seeding.

1) Loyola
2) South Elgin
3) Oswego East
4) Glenbard West
5) Nequa

This means several of the big hitters (LWE, Marist, Maine South, Brother Rice) could end up meeting themselves or Loyola within the 2nd or 3rd rounds.
There is no way SE gets a 2 seed

Thank you! I appreciate your trust, as I try to remain objective while keeping a sense of humor. I also like learning something new.

There is no way SE gets a 2 seed

Other than Loyola, what undefeated team finishes with more playoff points?

I am assuming the following 8A will lose before the end of the season, leaving likely 4 or 5 9-win teams. (also assumes NV can get a week 9 game)

- York (to Glenbard West)
- Bolingbrook (to LWE)
- Glenbrook South (to MS)
- Lockport (to LWE)
- Glenbard North (to Batavia)

I am assuming the following 8A will lose before the end of the season, leaving likely 4 or 5 9-win teams. (also assumes NV can get a week 9 game)

- Bolingbrook (to LWE)
- Lockport (to LWE)
I would not say it is a forgone conclusion that LA finishes undefeated, especially with MC on the road still left.

- Bolingbrook (to LWE)
- Lockport (to LWE)
I guess I didn't look at it that way (of there not being enough undefeated teams). Crazy to think that South Elgin with its cupcake schedule will have more points than a Neuqua Valley, for example. However, Glenbard West could push them to the 3 seed if they get pushed to 8A

And with Maldonado out with a broken collar bone.
I saw some of his highlights on twitter and he is fast. That being said, seems like on most of his TD runs he never gets touched. I would think LA has someone waiting in the wings who can run behind that line.

Reactions: Gene K.
I guess I didn't look at it that way (of there not being enough undefeated teams). Crazy to think that South Elgin with its cupcake schedule will have more points than a Neuqua Valley, for example. However, Glenbard West could push them to the 3 seed if they get pushed to 8A

Looking at schedules it will be tough for Glenbard West to pass SE. Hilltoppers have 3 0-4 teams on their schedule and 2 1-3 teams. Not sure 2 vs. 3 matters, but bigger point is that it is likely some big time programs could see each other early.

JCA and St Francis might be the best game of them all. Bob and Dougie fresh have that team ready to roll in time for Playoffs. I have have Sparta taking the trophy home.

JCA and St Francis might be the best game of them all. Bob and Dougie fresh have that team ready to roll in time for Playoffs. I have have Sparta taking the trophy home.
Huh? Lots had to happen before that is even a possibility, but I like the fact u are giving SF to trophy in week 5😂

Montini still getting 3A votes. I’m not familiar enough to say for sure, but it seems like a tall order to get 3 more wins with the schedule they have. Not sure how they compare to Providence and Naz this year.
Here's the nightmare...COVID, forfeits etc. result in a high pointed 4-5 Montini making the playoffs as the 16 seed...are they favored over a 9-0 3A small town conference champion Round 1 (Farmington, Byron, Wilmington, Reed Custer)?

Reactions: Bowie50
Here's the nightmare...COVID, forfeits etc. result in a high pointed 4-5 Montini making the playoffs as the 16 seed...are they favored over a 9-0 3A small town conference champion Round 1 (Farmington, Byron, Wilmington, Reed Custer)?

Thats going to happen. Maybe not Montini, but some power conference 4-5 teams will make the playoffs.

Would Love to see it. Big bad Private school going out to the corn fields.

After last weeks performance -
I don’t think Montini will fare too well.

Would Love to see it. Big bad Private school going out to the corn fields.

After last weeks performance -
I don’t think Montini will fare too well.
Montini probably wouldn’t be considered the favorite in this hypothetical matchup, but it would be a MUCH more difficult game than a typical 9-0 team first round game.

Reactions: corey90

1) Loyola
2) South Elgin
3) Oswego East
4) Glenbard West
5) Nequa

South Elgin a 2 seed they dont play anybody!!

Reactions: Bowie50
How does Neuqua's win at St. Mary's (MO) work in their playoff point accumulation? The same as a win against an IL team I assume?

Calpreps has Montini losing in every one of those matchups.

The first 9 games an out of state teams plays count, or end of our week 9. Which ever is first.
Thanks. Are points accumulated for opponent and opponent's opponents? I'm not sure how that works. tia

Thanks. Are points accumulated for opponent and opponent's opponents? I'm not sure how that works. tia
Not opponents and opponents' opponents. Just opponents' wins (playoff points) and wins of the opponents you beat (tiebreaker points). Unless they've changed the rules on me.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
One man's opinion. (State's Top Twenty)

1. East St. Louis (4-1)
2. Loyola (5-0)
3. Brother Rice (4-1)
4. Lockport (5-0)
5. Lincoln-Way East (4-1)
6. Maine South (4-1)
7. Warren (4-1)
8. Glenbard West (5-0)
9. Cary-Grove (5-0)
10. St. Ignatius (5-0)
11. Joliet Catholic (5-0)
12. Batavia (5-0)
13. Mt. Carmel (4-1)
14. York (5-0)
15. Marist (4-1)
16. Hersey (5-0)
17. Neuqua Valley (5-0)
18. South Elgin (5-0)
19. Richmond-Burton (5-0)
20. Rochester (4-1)

(Others to watch: Palatine, Lena-Winslow, IC Catholic, Sacred Heart-Griffin, Mascoutah, Lemont, Downs Tri-Valley,
Wheaton North, Wheaton Academy, Farmington, and Mt. Carmel [the town])

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT