ADVERTISEMENT

Week 4 Pick Em: Loyola at Brother Rice

So who wins Week 4

• Loyola Academy

Votes: 59 77.6%
  • Brother Rice

Votes: 17 22.4%

• Total voters
I picked LA because they are on top of the hill until someone knocks them off. They reloaded well, they don’t make mistakes, they are just rolling right now. Does BR have the talent to beat them? Absolutely. They have the home field and the Crusader Crazies on their side too. LA has to hit them fast to settle the crowd. I just think LA is the better team right now, Holecek has been in this situation many, many times and has come away with the W way more then he hasn’t.

Rice. Jack Lausch will take over this game with help of Boyer, Vaughn great ol and underrated receiving core. Maldonado should have good game, especially early but rice defense gets enough stops/turnovers to win.

Br. Rice is definitely for real this year. Loyola is coming off a huge victory against St. Rita a week after absolutely shellacking Rochester. While Br. Rice hasn’t played anyone noteworthy. Loyola by 21!

Reactions: corey90
Rice. Jack Lausch will take over this game with help of Boyer, Vaughn great ol and underrated receiving core. Maldonado should have good game, especially early but rice defense gets enough stops/turnovers to win.

😆. LA by 21. Rice has no idea what they are getting in to with these Ramblers.

Reactions: MC2023
I'm going with Rice 31-28. Granted we've got big holes in middle with Frazier and Pierce out but they've got a solid group of kids jumping in. Caston 6'3 290 is a load

28-17 LA with BR minus Pierce and Frazier.

BR 17-14 with Pierce and Frazier healthy.

Without Pierce and Frazier up front, BR will have a difficult time defending LA.

Loyola will be able to run and pass at will since there will be no pressure. If BR plays with the same front four as against Benet, LA will score 28-35 points on Friday.

On offense, BR has a talent advantage, but the LA defensive staff will make up for it. BR has no real depth threat and LA will load the Box.

A lot of questions concerning BR today will be answered on Friday.

How did BR talk LA into getting this game at home two seasons in a row?

I think Loyola will throw everything at Lausch to stop him. How Rice counters this is what makes it a game or not. Loyola has the best staff in the game and makes needed adjustments better than anyone.

Rice is nto as deep at Loyola or MC and as such with the two DL out this game is not what people are thinking.

I say all that and then think about how Rice throttled Loyola a few years back only to not seal the deal later the same year (I think it was the same year).

I think JCA and Rice will be the best game of the year for the CCL/ESCC matchups.

Reactions: lookoutforliam
This looks like one of if not the best BR team in the last 15 years.
Rice has loyola out of sorts defensively but loyola has still caused 2 turnovers. LA qb just looks off with his throws actually times guys running down field freely and he has missed them badly. Still like loyola in this game tho.

This looks like one of if not the best BR team in the last 15 years.
Agreed. Imagine if they had their 2 stud D linemen. I’m telling you, even if LA somehow pulls this off, Rice will win game 14 for Badke’s walk off.

I still like them too, BR looks better than I thought they would against LA. Loyola QB really missed that throw on 1st down on the 3rd drive I think. If he hits the WR that kid could’ve moon walked into the end zone

No, you said “ BR is going to get pounded at home.” C’mon man! This is a terrific Rice squad and they are missing their 2 best defensive players.
I did say that also but look at the other thread😊. I still think LA wins by 2 TDs . We shall see by the end of the game.

Reactions: Bowie50
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT