ADVERTISEMENT

Week 4 Pick Em: Loyola at Brother Rice

So who wins Week 4

• Loyola Academy

Votes: 59 77.6%
  • Brother Rice

Votes: 17 22.4%

• Total voters
I realize Maldonado might be on the smaller side height wise, but he is an incredible player. What any idea what kind of looks he’s getting?

I realize Maldonado might be on the smaller side height wise, but he is an incredible player. What any idea what kind of looks he’s getting?
I don’t think any, unfortunately. He’s very patient. Sees the hole well. Great feet and acceleration through the hole.

Reactions: crusaderpride
Let’s not start this. Rice’s student section is one of the best. They are always fun to listen to. Both of those teams deserved this win.
No worries. My brother in law had two kids going to GEMS Academy for years until they moved out of state and now tuition is less than half even though they are older. Neither in high school quite yet.

I just found it odd that two prestigious private schools would have this sort of chant/taunt going. Would be the sort of thing I’d maybe expect in a pub v priv game.

It can end right there ^

No worries. My brother in law had two kids going to GEMS Academy for years until they moved out of state and now tuition is less than half even though they are older. Neither in high school quite yet.

I just found it odd that two prestigious private schools would have this sort of chant/taunt going. Would be the sort of thing I’d maybe expect in a pub v priv game.

It can end right there ^
I read the whole thread twice and I still dont know who won. How about a score someone?

Reactions: Blue Ruin
Loyola OL and Maldonado incredible. Can defiantly see rematch if Rice in 8a. Frazier and Pierce returning will be huge for Rice.

@bowie @krock

That’s what I was thinking. Ivy at least. Maybe even one of the service academies. He’s one of the best I’ve seen in a long time. Powerful yet quick on his feet and can turn on the jets open field. Special player.

Pretty surprised. I truly thought LA would run away with this game. Hats off to BR . The BR coach had his team well prepared. Loyola is a beast this year but apparently BR has a very good team. This season just gets more interesting each week. Congrats to both teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bowie50
Regardless of student section, sounded like a great game. Hopefully there’s a rematch in the playoffs

Questionable 15 yard face mask call on Rice at the end. Looked at it 20 more times. Yes, Stearney’s helmet fell off but I don’t think that’s a face mask. would’ve been a 4th and 8 from the BR 43 with 1:20 to go. Holocek probably goes for it and converts anyway like they did multiple times previously.

I would of loved to see Lausch with the ball in that situation
You hate to see questionable call made that takes the game out of the kids hands

Reactions: Bowie50
Great job by LA to get in FG range before half. Turned out to be the difference as far as the “score” was concerned.

It can end right there ^
Southside vs northside
Wilmet vs MT Greenwood
Big difference in median household income

Reactions: doctor_d
Great job by LA to get in FG range before half. Turned out to be the difference as far as the “score” was concerned.
The Vaughn fumble hurt. Later he took a huuuge hit (on a possible launch) but came back in the game and helped the team. BR looked pretty good. impossible to stop Maldonado behind that OL with two big injuries on the DL. Hopefully they can get better. Heard Maldonado‘s little brother will be even better.

Mike O’Brien reporting that Maldonado broke his collarbone on his last carry. What a damn shame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT