ADVERTISEMENT

Week 2 Pick Em: Neuqua Valley at Wheaton South

So who wins Week 2

• Neuqua Valley

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Wheaton South

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters
The offense from WWS looked borderline unstoppable last week before their RB and WR went down but I’m assuming both will be back in the line up this week. The amount of speed they have will be tough for most teams to match up with. They may need to score a bunch of points until the defense settles in.

The defense has potential to be good but they had a few really bad penalties that helped out OPRF so they are still a work in progress.

This is a huge game for the Tigers and I think Sean Norris gets his first signature win as HC. On a side note it’s crazy how many good players the Tigers play against whose fathers played for WWS/ WC the Mennecke kid from NV is just the latest one.

The offense from WWS looked borderline unstoppable last week before their RB and WR went down but I’m assuming both will be back in the line up this week. The amount of speed they have will be tough for most teams to match up with. They may need to score a bunch of points until the defense settles in.

The defense has potential to be good but they had a few really bad penalties that helped out OPRF so they are still a work in progress.

This is a huge game for the Tigers and I think Sean Norris gets his first signature win as HC. On a side note it’s crazy how many good players the Tigers play against whose fathers played for WWS/ WC the Mennecke kid from NV is just the latest one.

Team speed on Neuqua is as good as I've seen on any team in 5 years and based on what you're saying and what I've heard that could be matched by WWS as well.

Mennecke is a dual-threat which makes him tough to prepare for and Neuqua has 3 WR's that will play at some level in college. (Larkin, Sessa etc..) Their D is also speedy and they fly to the ball, but are not necessarily dominant. They had only given up 1 TD going into the 4th Q and then Oswego got 3 quick TD's.
Neuqua's kicker is also their DB and will be playing on Saturdays next year. (At Kicker) He got his bell rung early in the game on D and I'm not sure of his status for this week. (Not sure how concussion protocol works.) Carter Sessa, a previously underrated player for Neuqua, has emerged as a great athlete and plays both ways and seems to have a nose for the ball on both sides.

WWS seems to have so many threats on offense and I have a feeling its going to be a shootout. The Over/Under would be about 70 if I had to guess.

It's going to be a can't miss game and @Edgy should strongly consider making this his game of the week! Time for him to forget his favored Catholic league for just this one week and see how they do it in the western suburbs!

Team speed on Neuqua is as good as I've seen on any team in 5 years and based on what you're saying and what I've heard that could be matched by WWS as well.

Mennecke is a dual-threat which makes him tough to prepare for and Neuqua has 3 WR's that will play at some level in college. (Larkin, Sessa etc..) Their D is also speedy and they fly to the ball, but are not necessarily dominant. They had only given up 1 TD going into the 4th Q and then Oswego got 3 quick TD's.
Neuqua's kicker is also their DB and will be playing on Saturdays next year. (At Kicker) He got his bell rung early in the game on D and I'm not sure of his status for this week. (Not sure how concussion protocol works.) Carter Sessa, a previously underrated player for Neuqua, has emerged as a great athlete and plays both ways and seems to have a nose for the ball on both sides.

WWS seems to have so many threats on offense and I have a feeling its going to be a shootout. The Over/Under would be about 70 if I had to guess.

It's going to be a can't miss game and @Edgy should strongly consider making this his game of the week! Time for him to forget his favored Catholic league for just this one week and see how they do it in the western suburbs!
So now I'm a CCL homer again....and I'm heading to Warren Township so I guess I'm a North suburban homer now...it gets tiring figuring which homer I am....

NV 44. WWS 28
Will be fun to watch and yes I am Mennecke’s Dad!!! This game will be emotional for me and it’ll be the ONLY game in my LIFE that I’m not cheering for the TIGERS!!!!!
Tough spot. Hard to enjoy a game like this but something tells me you'll be fine.:cool:

I was encouraged to see Sessa getting into a rhythm Friday. Having both he and Larkin on the field, along with Wenz at TE and other options, provides a tough matchup for any NV opponent. This is going to be a doozie.

Reactions: ska549 and dapiech
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT