ADVERTISEMENT

WB6/TRAC Round 3 preview

Swansa01

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2017
Well, and then there were three left. The TRAC’s two teams stayed alive in Princeton and Rockridge, both winning pretty convincingly. In the WB6, only Sterling is left as Quincy put up a good fight, but eventually fell to Lemont. If Quincy learns how to play defense next season, look out! Moline lost a complete heartbreaker in 4(!!!) overtimes to Yorkville, coming up 1 yard short of being in the quarterfinals.

Sterling over Sycamore: Ok, maybe I am homering a bit here with this but I think this Sterling team has something Sterling teams the past few years have been missing: Grit. In both of Sterling’s losses, they were out talented, but they had the moxie to get up off the mat each time and swing back. Sycamore is (in my opinion) more talented and larger in size, but Sterling has had to fight this season. I think the Golden Warriors pull it off late to win it. Either way, it will be fun to see old conference mates square off again.

IC Catholic over Princeton: A double dose of “score points and play good defense”. I can see this game going one of two ways. It’s either gonna be a defensive slug fest where points where be a premium or the offenses come to play and this turns into a track meet where they are replacing the light bulbs at halftime. Either way, this game should be close. I think IC Catholic is just a little better than the Tigers, but it would not surprise me if the Tigers get some revenge on the few times IC has ended their season in the past.

Maroa-Forsyth over Rockridge: Maroa-Forsyth is a machine that has spent most of the season stomping other teams. That being said, I don’t see them stomping on Rockridge, but I also don’t see Rockridge outscoring the Trojans. I think Maroa-Forsyth takes this one by a couple scores.

Super sad and also excited we are getting to the end of the season. Can’t wait to see who takes the crown’s this year, especially since 6 or 8 champions last year either didn’t make it or are out. Gonna be sad when it is all over though and have to settle into just grumbling at the cold weather and lack of football til next summer rolls around.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT