ADVERTISEMENT

Update: Warren Township DB Jailen Duffie adds another offer

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Gurnee (Ill.) Warren Township junior cornerback recruit Jailen Duffie (6-foot-1, 170 pounds) was abler to add another Mid American Conference scholarship offer earlier this week from Western Michigan. Duffie also recaps his latest recruiting news, his spring plans and more here.

"The offer from Western Michigan was a nice surprise," Duffie said. "I know that Western Michigan is a good program and that they have had a lot of success in the MAC. I still need to learn more about them and I'll definitely look into them more."

Duffie, who plays both cornerback and wide receiver for the Blue Devils has also been in contact with a few new schools this winter.

"Kansas State has reached out and they seem to be more interested in me. I had a good talk with the Kansas State coaches and I was able to learn more about the program. The coaches from Kansas State want to start to build a good relationship. Northwestern is also picking things up and they invited me out to visit them on March 5th. North Dakota State has been reaching out as well as Illinois and Purdue. I'm sure I'll get out to visit some of those schools this spring."

So when Duffie is able to make visits this spring what will he be looking for in a potential school?

"I'm looking for a school that offers a great atmosphere along with a great coaching staff. I'm hoping to talk to some players and just get a better feel for each school. I'm just excited to see how every school is and what they have to offer."

Duffie is also starting to draw more recruiting looks and attention at positions other than safety.

"Some schools like me as a defensive back, but other schools like Kansas State like me as more of an athlete. They like me to be versatile and they like that I can play several different positions. Most of the remaining schools like me as either a safety or as a big corner. I just go out and play and I'lll help out the team anywhere I'm needed."

Jailen Duffie has multiple scholarship offers.

My Thoughts on Jailen Duffie Recruiting: Jailen is just a high level athlete who I felt had really good junior season video, along with getting to see him in person last season. Duffie I feel is a potential 3 star caliber player who can end up at the Big Ten level...and no question spring and summer camps will play a huge role in Duffie's recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News