ADVERTISEMENT

Update: More school looking into Marmion Academy DL Erickson

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Aurora (Ill.) Marmion Academy junior defensive end prospect Ivan Erickson (6-foot-6, 240 pounds) Is wrapping up this fall semester this week and includes taking final exams starting today. Erickson checks in and recaps his latest recruiting news and more in this latest recruiting update.

"We have finals this week so I've been just focusing on my academics and getting ready for finals," Erickson said. "Math will be by far my hardest exam early on I was strong in math then I don't know what happened but I'll put in the time I need to be ready for that test."

Erickson filled us in on his latest recruiting news.

"I made another game day visit to NIU for the Ball State game and it was the second time I've been to games at NIU. I had a good time at NIU and it's always a good experience whenever I visit NIU. The only junior day visit I received was from St. Thomas in Minnesota so far but I'm hoping to get out to see more schools this off season. I've also been drawing more recruiting looks and attention lately from Indiana, Ball State, Kent State and EIU."

Erickson is excited for the upcoming Christmas holiday.

"Our family stays local and we just hang out all day and eat a lot of good food. I also love giving to people and I'll donate to different charities and give back to people who are more in need."

So what's the next move for Erickson and his recruiting process?

"I have not done a good job of staying in steady contact with some of the college coaches who have reached out to me, so once we get into Christmas break I'm going to be really much more aggressive with that this winter."

My Take on Ivan Erickson Recruiting: Ivan Erickson is a big, long and lanky kid who also has a ton of upside. Erickson still has work to do including adding a bit more power and strength, but he's a name that I can see exploding onto the recruiting scene sooner than later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News