ADVERTISEMENT

Update: Glenbard West 2023 OL Chris Terek checks in

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Glen Ellyn (Ill.) Glenbard West junior three star ranked offensive tackle recruit Chris Terek (6-foot-6, 295 pounds) has continued to draw steady recruiting attention and interest this spring. Terek checks in and recaps his latest recruiting news, recent visits and more in this update.

"I was able to get out and make a handful of recent college visits," Terek said. "I went and made visits to Iowa, Toledo and also NIU and they all went pretty well."

Terek broke down his most recent visit to the University of Iowa.

"My visit to Iowa a few weeks ago went really good. The Iowa coaches are really excited to see me and excited about me losing 43 pounds since the season, I was able to learn a lot about the school and the football program. The Iowa coaches said they want me to stay in touch and Iowa just has a lot to like. The Iowa staff are great coaches and I just also love Iowa's style of play, which is a lot about the running game and playing very physical football."

Terek also has some April spring visits set.

"I'm on spring break next week and my family is going away for the week. Once I get back from break I'm set to make visits to see Northwestern in two weeks, then Iowa State and I'm also going back to Toledo for another visit."

Terek has also started to draw new recruiting looks from a handful of schools this spring.

"The coaches from Nebraska have started picking things up with me and they have been reaching out more and more. Vanderbilt is also still very interested and it feels like they could be close to offering me a scholarship. Virginia is also more interested in me lately."

Does Terek have a time frame for making a college decision?

"I'm thinking about making a college choice by mid summer and definitely before the start of the season for now. I want to see how things go for me this spring and once spring is done I'll look harder at everything."

Chris Terek has multiple scholarship offers.

My Take on Chris Terek Recruiting: Chris Terek is a big time player in my opinion and in many ways is still a bit under the radar this spring. Terek no question played a bit too heavy last fall, but I felt he was able to play very well with more weight and has also since dropped 50 pounds. I'm hoping several Power 5 schools will take a late spring look at Terek, and again I would not be surprised to see Terek add some Power 5 looks and offers based off his marked improvements this winter and spring. Iowa will no question be a school that Terek I feel would jump on if they offered.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News