ADVERTISEMENT

Update: 2022 St. Rita OL Valen Erickson checks in

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Chicago St. Rita sophomore OT Valen Erickson (6-foot-6, 280 pounds) has been home all week as part of the Coronavirus pandemic and dealing with life without classes and school. Erickson also recaps his latest recruiting news here.

"We actually start E School classes tomorrow (Tuesday)," Erickson said. "I've been just staying close to home and hanging out with my family. That's really all you can do these days."

Erickson has also had to adjust his workout schedule under the current lockdown.

"All of the gyms are closed and we have no access to schools, so I've been just working out in my basement. I have a whole workout setup in my house so at least I'm able to stay up on my lifting and workouts."

Erickson was also planning to make some spring college visits which have since been cancelled.

"I was hoping to get out to visit Miami of Ohio but that's been cancelled along with all of the spring visits. I was also talking to Northwestern about a spring practice visit but that won't happen now either."

Erickson has remained in touch with a few schools and is also starting to draw interest from a handful of new schools.

"I've been in touch with the coaches from Miami of Ohio and Illinois a bit. The coaches from both Cincinnati and also Penn State have started to follow me on Twitter lately."

Thoughts on Valen Erickson recruiting: Erickson will no question continue to see his recruiting stock rise this spring and summer. Erickson I felt was going to see his stock and offers explode this coming spring, but with no spring evaluation period on the short term NCAA radar screen for now that stock takeoff will be pushed back to the summer. Erickson has the size/frame and look of a major Power 5 name in the 2022 class who will be sought out from Power 5 level schools on a regional and possibly a national basis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News