ADVERTISEMENT

Tough loss tonight

MS4EVER

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2004
That was an entertaining game! Wish it could have gone on for a couple more minutes. Barrington did what they needed to win. Tough to see this Senior class go out like that. Best of luck to everyone left.

My team lost yesterday in a very exciting game as well. Getting past the disappointment, HS football is so entertaining, in fact I went to MS game last week, first time there, very nice people around me. Even saw the Feldco guy! Still more football to enjoy.

My team lost yesterday in a very exciting game as well. Getting past the disappointment, HS football is so entertaining, in fact I went to MS game last week, first time there, very nice people around me. Even saw the Feldco guy! Still more football to enjoy.
It hurts more to lose close.You play back the what could have beens.In a blowout it's pretty much everything went wrong

MS I had to watch the same scenario last week when Naperville Central jumped out to a 21-7 lead in the 1st quarter only to see Barrington scire twice in the kast 5 ninutes of the 2nd qyarter to tie it at 21-2 and on the drive where they scored that touchdown just before they tied it at the half that Broncos quarterback and the one receiver who caught I believe two or three touchdown passes last night jumped up over two defensive backs and snagged a pass at the goal line . And after a defensive struggle throughout the third quarter Midway through the 4th quarter after the Redhawks nissed a 45 yd field goal attempt, they got the ball back and worked their way right down the field and the quarterback ended up hitting the receiver for the winning touchdown who was wide open in the end zone. it was the one thing I worried about because Central had been struggling with pass defense in recent weeks and you wonder how a team can take a big lead on Barrington and then these things happen like blocked kicks and nissed PATs but thise are the unexpected intangables

Barrington has a pretty diversified offense as does Maine South. where leads can change several times and I think Barrington's defense while not perfect in the early going seems to get stronger as a game goes by with a team with the offensive talents like Maine South who can overcome that.. there just wasn't enough time.

Well, the Hawks will lose some key players but do have Coines coming back and I'm sure they'll reload and be right back in the thick of things next season.

A little over 9 months and they'll be back at it!

Barrington has a pretty diversified offense as does Maine South. where leads can change several times and I think Barrington's defense while not perfect in the early going seems to get stronger as a game goes by with a team with the offensive talents like Maine South who can overcome that.. there just wasn't enough time.

Well, the Hawks will lose some key players but do have Coines coming back and I'm sure they'll reload and be right back in the thick of things next season.

A little over 9 months and they'll be back at it!

Barrington will graduate pretty much every name you heard last night except the QB too. Van Ness, Nazha, Schmidt, Fitzpatrick are all seniors.

• Wow
Reactions: MIKEFTB
Tough loss MS4EVER for the Hawks to have been on the losing end of. It felt like destiny we would have seen your guys next weekend. Stay up to date if you have any plans to bring your Daughter down to Frankfort for a Griffins game.

Tough loss MS4EVER for the Hawks to have been on the losing end of. It felt like destiny we would have seen your guys next weekend. Stay up to date if you have any plans to bring your Daughter down to Frankfort for a Griffins game.
I wish the game was at a different time. I plan to go see my nephew, Coach for Wheaton Academy. Good luck to you guys!

Reactions: WIU78
His daughter is a Caravan fan!

Reactions: MS4EVER
I think anyone will have a hard time scoring against Beast. I have to say, Barrington surprised me, so I am very curious to see how the game will be played out.
Great game and 12 on Maine South was a freak of nature. I don't know how Barrington got him somewhat figured out in the 2nd half. Best part about this rivalry, if we can call it that, is the MS fans were a class act and so was there team. Ejection at the end doesn't change that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT