ADVERTISEMENT

Totally non football question

BBCHS77

Jan 23, 2017
Anyone here hopping into the craze of digital currency yet? I did about a month ago, not a lot, but up about 50%.. old guy in me says get out now..

HHS. Be careful with the bitcoins. You and the dark web might not be the best mix. The knock on the door could be coming soon......

Reactions: mc140
Read in the USA Today (while I was sitting next to the extendo belt guy in the airplane) that the Commodies exchange is going to start trading Bitcoin. Not sure how/if futures etc but they doing something.

Biggest issue currently is hackers. They can take them and it’s a total loss (the virtual equivalent of robbing Fort Knox and taking the gold and melting it down so it’s untraceable.)

It just seems to me people are investing in a currency that one day will crash and be gone like a fart in the wind

Reactions: Wolffan64
That currency is scary. I can see folks up to no good using it to buy bad harmful stuff on the dark web. Not sure if it will ever be main stream without some significant changes. It also fluctuates too much right now to be mainstream. It’s going up yes - but the opposite can happen. Remember the hyper inflation in Argentina a few decaces back? Can’t be a major currency with massive fluctuations on a daily basis.

Anyone here hopping into the craze of digital currency yet? I did about a month ago, not a lot, but up about 50%.. old guy in me says get out now..
You should look into Ethereum, bought it at 187.00 couple months ago and it's up to 477.00. Not a digital currency like bitcoin, so there's no harm in it.

You should look into Ethereum, bought it at 187.00 couple months ago and it's up to 477.00. Not a digital currency like bitcoin, so there's no harm in it.

I bought LTC on Wednesday at $98, can't seem to pass the $200 barrier today..

When I was just starting to invest, i read Peter Lynch's book on investing. One of his tenants was to "Invest in what you know" and "Invest in companies who are the leaders in their field" But hedge everything with a trailing stop.

I've followed that my entire life.

Since I am a retired Tech executive, you can guess what I own and its not Bitcoin.

Reactions: ClownBaby
When I was just starting to invest, i read Peter Lynch's book on investing. One of his tenants was to "Invest in what you know" and "Invest in companies who are the leaders in their field" But hedge everything with a trailing stop.

I've followed that my entire life.

Since I am a retired Tech executive, you can guess what I own and its not Bitcoin.

I think calling it an investment is a stretch... more like playing slots

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT