ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Brady

He’s been to more conference title games than the Bears have as an organization. Crazy.

Agreed. Brady is great. Best ever? Not so sure. Having the greatest coach and football mastermind of all time definitely helps. I sometimes wonder how Brady would have done in the days of Elway and Montana when Quarterbacks actually got hit.

He’s pretty much the Michael Jordan of the NFL when it comes to championship time we are seeing him in that light. He’s the best ever and it’s not close.
At his age pulling that game out without Gronk vs that defense. Unreal.

To me, Brady is the best QB ever and I think that science has been settled for a while. To have done it over and over with an ever changing cast is really something special. Don't forget, the Patriots went through the playoffs and won the Super Bowl last year without Gronkowski.

Quickly, name all of the superstar receivers Brady has had during his run. Hard to do isn't it? Name all the superstar RBs they have had. You can look at every great QB and it won't take you very long to think of a great receiver or more who he worked with. Brady wins with a little better than average talent and an outstanding coach and system. But, not any QB could walk in there and do it. Brady is special. Four SB MVP awards and he is the front runner for MVP of the 2017 season as well. He has won two of those.

I can't say enough about the guy and that organization. Brady is going to be playing in his 8th Super Bowl which is insane. He is 5-2 so far. If consistency is the key, Brady's numbers as a QB are very close, whether it is during the season, the playoffs or the SB.

Until someone proves to me that they can beat the Pats, I am picking them again to win the Super Bowl...Gronkowski, or no Gronkowski.

As great as the New England offense is, and it is the best in the NFL, their defense often gets overlooked. They gave up an average of about 17 points a game during the season. Jacksonville scored an average of 28 points per game. And, the Pats shut them down in the second half yesterday limiting them to two field goals. An interesting note. The Pats defense has averaged giving up 17 points in two playoff games. Consistency.

All four teams that participated in the championship games this past week end have defenses that gave up less than 300 points during the regular season.

Agreed. Brady is great. Best ever? Not so sure. Having the greatest coach and football mastermind of all time definitely helps. I sometimes wonder how Brady would have done in the days of Elway and Montana when Quarterbacks actually got hit.

I wonder how Elway and Montana would have been during the days of leather helmets.

To me, Brady is the best QB ever and I think that science has been settled for a while. To have done it over and over with an ever changing cast is really something special. Don't forget, the Patriots went through the playoffs and won the Super Bowl last year without Gronkowski.

Quickly, name all of the superstar receivers Brady has had during his run. Hard to do isn't it? Name all the superstar RBs they have had. You can look at every great QB and it won't take you very long to think of a great receiver or more who he worked with. Brady wins with a little better than average talent and an outstanding coach and system. But, not any QB could walk in there and do it. Brady is special. Four SB MVP awards and he is the front runner for MVP of the 2017 season as well. He has won two of those.

I can't say enough about the guy and that organization. Brady is going to be playing in his 8th Super Bowl which is insane. He is 5-2 so far. If consistency is the key, Brady's numbers as a QB are very close, whether it is during the season, the playoffs or the SB.

Until someone proves to me that they can beat the Pats, I am picking them again to win the Super Bowl...Gronkowski, or no Gronkowski.
The offense is a machine and players going down is like replacing parts. It's the system. And does Brady work without Belichick and does Belichick work without Brady? Who knows. I do know it's fun as hell to watch.

Absolutely no doubting Brady's ability and accomplishments as a QB. However, how much of this is attributed to system, system, system?

You get no argument from me on Brady being the best. I went into the game pulling for the Jags, just to see someone new in the SB, but after the Gronk head hit (which the safety seemed awfully proud of) I started pulling for the Pats instead.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
I think with the size and speed of today's players, half the league would be brain dead if they used leather helmets.

Unless they played the game the way it was played when they wore leather helmets.

I for one never found or considered Elway to be a “great” QB. Nor did I consider Phil Sims one either.
After having read an in depth article about Elway as a GM that went into detail about how is/has always been behind the scenes, I am glad I never warmed to Elway the player.

I for one never found or considered Elway to be a “great” QB. Nor did I consider Phil Sims one either.
After having read an in depth article about Elway as a GM that went into detail about how is/has always been behind the scenes, I am glad I never warmed to Elway the player.
A guy can be a jag and still be a great player. We have seen several of them. But when it comes to my judging whether a guy was a great player, I check personalities at the door. Being an a-hole is a different and separate conversation.

You get no argument from me on Brady being the best. I went into the game pulling for the Jags, just to see someone new in the SB, but after the Gronk head hit (which the safety seemed awfully proud of) I started pulling for the Pats instead.
I wasn't pulling for the Jags, but that hit made me pull for NE more.

A guy can be a jag and still be a great player. We have seen several of them. But when it comes to my judging whether a guy was a great player, I check personalities at the door. Being an a-hole is a different and separate conversation.
I didn’t consider him great when he played and I was in the dark.
Good yes, but not great.
Same as I saw Bob Griese, Jaworksi ...

Can't really compare different eras. I learned to accept that in my Urlacher v Butkus debate. The game has evolved to protect QBs more now. It's impossible to say how Brady would have done back then. Impossible to say how Elway and Montana would do now too. I do know this much. Brady has played in more Super Bowls than Montana and Elway combined and if the Pats win, he will have won as many as the two combined. We won't see this out of another QB in our lifetimes.

The 85 Bears D would have Brady for lunch.

If the Bears were playing against the 1985 Patriots with Brady as QB, Bears still win.
If the 1985 Bears were playing against the 2017 Patriots, Patriots win hands down. You can't compare different eras. The 85 Bears defensive front four, with the exception of Perry probably averaged less than 265 pounds. Jay Hilginberg 259 pounds, Dan Hampton 264 pounds, Richard Dent 265 pounds, Wm. Perry 335 pounds.
The current Patriots offensive line averages approx 310 pounds. The current Patriot offensive line would manhandle the 85 Bears.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
Please please please stop trying to compare athletes from 30 years ago to the present.

Don't buy the "System" argument. How efficient would your "system" be with say a Jay Cutler quarterbacking it? It is like saying Michael Jordan was great due to the "Triangle Offense" not because of his talent and his will to win being superior to all.

Don't buy the "System" argument. How efficient would your "system" be with say a Jay Cutler quarterbacking it? It is like saying Michael Jordan was great due to the "Triangle Offense" not because of his talent and his will to win being superior to all.
Once again, not taking anything away from Brady, I merely saying he definitely has benefitted from playing in what is more than likely, other than Walsh in Frisco, the greatest "system" in the history of the NFL. No, I do not think Jay Cutler could execute the system. You definitely need a more cerebral QB.

If the Bears were playing against the 1985 Patriots with Brady as QB, Bears still win.
If the 1985 Bears were playing against the 2017 Patriots, Patriots win hands down. You can't compare different eras. The 85 Bears defensive front four, with the exception of Perry probably averaged less than 265 pounds. Jay Hilginberg 259 pounds, Dan Hampton 264 pounds, Richard Dent 265 pounds, Wm. Perry 335 pounds.
The current Patriots offensive line averages approx 310 pounds. The current Patriot offensive line would manhandle the 85 Bears.
The 85 Bears could do a better Super Bowl Shuffle and ride the gravy train for 30 years.

Reactions: bronco man
Can't really compare different eras. I learned to accept that in my Urlacher v Butkus debate. The game has evolved to protect QBs more now. It's impossible to say how Brady would have done back then. Impossible to say how Elway and Montana would do now too. I do know this much. Brady has played in more Super Bowls than Montana and Elway combined and if the Pats win, he will have won as many as the two combined. We won't see this out of another QB in our lifetimes.
I agree with you. I really was not trying to compare, just making the statement of wondering how he would have done with less protection with those QB's in that generation. I think they are all great athletes.

Simms, I agree. Elway, Disagree!

Lol... Yeah, he's not set up for success at all. Give me a break.

How many different OC’s have they had? If they system is so great? Why the the Coordinators of the system duplicate it where evern they go after leaving NE?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT