ADVERTISEMENT

Marquee Confusion....

mullin17

Jul 2, 2001
Why is Lake Travis HS vs Vandegrift HS playoff football on Marquee TV right now? Texas? Tom Ricketts confused?

I saw on the guide that a HS football was scheduled thinking it would be an Illinois game also. However, limited IL games.

IHSA does everthing possible to not promote their product. It might cost them money to put games on TV so they won't do it. In previous years I've seen several Iowa high school playoff games on Marquee.

Reactions: mullin17
IHSA does everthing possible to not promote their product. It might cost them money to put games on TV so they won't do it. In previous years I've seen several Iowa high school playoff games on Marquee.
Yeah I've watched those Iowa HS games as well. I was impressed with this Texas playoff game tonight the winning team Lake Travis won on a field goal with one second left.. they treat this stuff big time with a big halftime scoreboard update thing with all the whistles and bells and a guy in the studio panel wearing a 10 gallon cowboy hat!

Reactions: 4Afan
Lake Travis’ offensive line was massive
Everything is bigger in Texas.

Austin Vandegrift, the team who lost last evening, was the 6A D2 runner up in 2022. They were bumped up to D1 this season and got a difficult draw with Lake Travis.

Reactions: MIKEFTB
Everything is bigger in Texas.

Austin Vandegrift, the team who lost last evening, was the 6A D2 runner up in 2022. They were bumped up to D1 this season and got a difficult draw with Lake Travis.
It was a really great game all the way to the end. Marquee will be carrying another Texas HS game next Friday night starting at 7:00 p.m.

Reactions: guerinfbfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT