ADVERTISEMENT

Thread for those already knocked out of the playoffs

Kinda of a rough way to loose on a strip!
I feel for you.

I was talking to a friend yesterday, and he said something I think really rings true - I’d rather lose by getting our butt kicked than have it be close. Now, no player or coach at HC is thinking “if I only had done x instead of z”, or “if one of our largest threats was healthy, we’d have won.” In the HC lose, not a single play or individual would have changed the outcome. It was much deeper than that. Hopefully it brings some solace and eases the pain for those Seniors.

How’s it going? Are you still upset over the loss? What are you doing this weekend?

Today I collected the equipment. Mood was surprisingly ok. Not sure I am. Lol

Take care.
That’s why you’re best MS.
That was such a travesty Saturday night, and sad at the same time. I made the mistake of watching it again which only made it worse. The Laurel and Hardy crew really cut me to the bone.
I’d love to find out where they are working this week.

Reactions: MS4EVER
That’s why you’re best MS.
That was such a travesty Saturday night, and sad at the same time. I made the mistake of watching it again which only made it worse. The Laurel and Hardy crew really cut me to the bone.
I’d love to find out where they are working this week.

PRokie
Your doing much better than yesterday’s thread.
By tomorrow you will be where MS is today. Lol

Reactions: Gene K. and PRokie
Never even been to the dance as this school

Last time we were invited was 2003, I didn't play a snap, and it didnt end well for us...(note that my participation in said game wouldn't have helped us at all lol)

Reactions: Gene K.
PRokie
Your doing much better than yesterday’s thread.
By tomorrow you will be where MS is today. Lol
Ok Corey I gotta say that was pretty good. I deserved that

This particular situation has frosted me more than anything I can remember relating to football in general.

I feel for you.

I was talking to a friend yesterday, and he said something I think really rings true - I’d rather lose by getting our butt kicked than have it be close. Now, no player or coach at HC is thinking “if I only had done x instead of z”, or “if one of our largest threats was healthy, we’d have won.” In the HC lose, not a single play or individual would have changed the outcome. It was much deeper than that. Hopefully it brings some solace and eases the pain for those Seniors.

Bolingbrook deserved to win and was definitely the better team that fateful night. The 2 offensive guards for Bolingbrook and the 2 running backs were legit.

The final turning point was at 21-6 and the missed fumble by the refs that was clearly recovered by HC. There's a hi res picture of the tackle showing the ball was out. That said, it's not clear it would have made a difference in the end, but going into half down 21-6 instead of 28-6 would have been huge.

I finally got the will to go watch the game film. There were plenty of opportunities to make stops that just didn't go HC's way that night. My kid (defensive starter) was ill at the plays he missed.

But, all the kids played their guts out and left it all out on the field. We took some terrible injuries that game too. And, even if HC won, they would have been severely depleted for round 2.

Bolingbrook deserved to win and was definitely the better team that fateful night. The 2 offensive guards for Bolingbrook and the 2 running backs were legit.

The final turning point was at 21-6 and the missed fumble by the refs that was clearly recovered by HC. There's a hi res picture of the tackle showing the ball was out. That said, it's not clear it would have made a difference in the end, but going into half down 21-6 instead of 28-6 would have been huge.

I finally got the will to go watch the game film. There were plenty of opportunities to make stops that just didn't go HC's way that night. My kid (defensive starter) was ill at the plays he missed.

But, all the kids played their guts out and left it all out on the field. We took some terrible injuries that game too. And, even if HC won, they would have been severely depleted for round 2.
I can’t agree with you more.

in my case....there is always the Prep Bowl - on the one hand, it gives the team extra work that will pay off next year for the underclassmen - on the other hand, it may set back the basketball team just a bit

I also had my end the year mtg w/the team and head coach. Don't know how I feel about Saturday's game. I know St. Francis is a good team but we didn't have a chance to put a fight with only 3 days of practice and was missing 4 starters(including our all-city DT)that missed the bus to Wheaton

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT