ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Class 6A?

Once the dust settles at the end of the season, I think the toughest class in playoffs. Many solid teams:
CG
SHG
Richards
Phillips
Provi
DeKalb
Crete
Lake Forest
NND
Lemont?
LWW?
LZ?
Batavia?

Once the dust settles at the end of the season, I think the toughest class in playoffs. Many solid teams:
CG
SHG
Richards
Phillips
Provi
DeKalb
Crete
Lake Forest
NND
Lemont?
LWW?
LZ?
Batavia?

Batavia, LZ in 6a?

Yeah - this could be a crazy good bracket if the playoff points fall in the right direction.

Didn’t know Phillips moved up this year.

They still have to file the paperwork but HC McAllister has said they are moving to 6A this season. When you volunteer to "move up" it's for a two year deal and they are allowed to move up another class or to go to any class they wish....

All.... No love for the Wolves? At the least the team should get a mention. Ratsy

All.... No love for the Wolves? At the least the team should get a mention. Ratsy

I guess winning 28 in a row isn't worth mentioning...unless it's NAZ or Montini...but then they become Beth Long staple top 10 teams each year no matter what...

Would love to see Normal and Richards back in it. Grew up in central Illinois, but settled
In Oak Lawn. Looking forward to the Richards/Rita game Aug. 31st.

I guess winning 28 in a row isn't worth mentioning...unless it's NAZ or Montini...but then they become Beth Long staple top 10 teams each year no matter what...
Fwiw Naz has NEVER been preseason top 10. And probably wasnt even top 10 until week 14 last year.

Reactions: Gene K.
Fwiw Naz has NEVER been preseason top 10. And probably wasnt even top 10 until week 14 last year.
giphy.gif

Ok, NAZ was NEVER a top 10 pick....

Reactions: lkhammer57
The Bright One has once again snubbed CG in their top 25 pre season, but they are giving PR some love. News flash to Beth and gang: Superman is gone and so is PR.

LW West
Batavia
LZ

Are all likely 7a. Maybe LZ falls to 6a, but would not count on it. Lemont will be right on the cut line again.

Where are the PR supporters? Did Hinterland fly out of town on Superman’s cape?

Where are the PR supporters? Did Hinterland fly out of town on Superman’s cape?

Ah, dear, sweet, gentle greatgig! I was going to hop aboard his cape, but am persona non grata in Iowa.

Anyway, I do wish to make some comments re: 6A. Playoff time is especially tough to call given the fact that HE is gone. This year, it does appear that there are good, quality teams. A lot of love for CG (at least on here) and if their level of play last year is any indication of the way they'll play this year (and assuming they are also improved), the love appears to be more than justified.

Don't know much about who Phillips has back or any new players they may have. The fact that they won 5A last year to me says zilch about their prospects in 6A this year. Are they far enough North to be in that bracket? If so, then they make make some noise.

Providence always appears to be a team to be aware of, even those years when they may get in at 5-4 or 6-3.

SHG's fourth consecutive year of being "factored". In two of the last four years, their getting behind early and taking a half to figure things out (reference last year's loss to Naz for one example) has doomed them. This year's team seems to have the players, but the coaches are going to have to do a better job of utilizing the talent and need to keep their heads in the game from the beginning. Given the fact they are playing two classes above their enrollment, I think keeping people healthy may also be a key. Will they be able to run players in and out when they want or need to?

I like the teams Lemont seems to put on the field. While not viewed necessarily as a powerhouse, they are one of those teams you have to always be prepared to play or they will hang an L on you.

Crete will always show up with athleticism, so teams need to be advised.

Could Batavia or LZ threaten if they go 6A? If one or both end up in 6A, then which bracket they end up in may determine what their prospects are come post season.

Kindly submitted by HindQuartersLand!!

Ah, dear, sweet, gentle greatgig! I was going to hop aboard his cape, but am persona non grata in Iowa.

Anyway, I do wish to make some comments re: 6A. Playoff time is especially tough to call given the fact that HE is gone. This year, it does appear that there are good, quality teams. A lot of love for CG (at least on here) and if their level of play last year is any indication of the way they'll play this year (and assuming they are also improved), the love appears to be more than justified.

Don't know much about who Phillips has back or any new players they may have. The fact that they won 5A last year to me says zilch about their prospects in 6A this year. Are they far enough North to be in that bracket? If so, then they make make some noise.

Providence always appears to be a team to be aware of, even those years when they may get in at 5-4 or 6-3.

SHG's fourth consecutive year of being "factored". In two of the last four years, their getting behind early and taking a half to figure things out (reference last year's loss to Naz for one example) has doomed them. This year's team seems to have the players, but the coaches are going to have to do a better job of utilizing the talent and need to keep their heads in the game from the beginning. Given the fact they are playing two classes above their enrollment, I think keeping people healthy may also be a key. Will they be able to run players in and out when they want or need to?

I like the teams Lemont seems to put on the field. While not viewed necessarily as a powerhouse, they are one of those teams you have to always be prepared to play or they will hang an L on you.

Crete will always show up with athleticism, so teams need to be advised.

Could Batavia or LZ threaten if they go 6A? If one or both end up in 6A, then which bracket they end up in may determine what their prospects are come post season.

Kindly submitted by HindQuartersLand!!
There he is! I don't think I've ever been called sweet or gentle, not even by my wife. I'm looking forward to some friendly FVC rivalry.

We need to throw in some FVC love to Crystal Lake South. If they don't have the baddest front O-line in the state, they do have the top prospect with the best hair.

There he is! I don't think I've ever been called sweet or gentle, not even by my wife. I'm looking forward to some friendly FVC rivalry.

We need to throw in some FVC love to Crystal Lake South. If they don't have the baddest front O-line in the state, they do have the top prospect with the best hair.

Hey, at least she called you dear. lol!!

If Batavia or LZ find their way into 6A - they along with Phillips would be the favorites in the North bracket. ( unless Batavia fell into the South Bracket?)

Does Cary Grove and PR fall into the south bracket or North Bracket. Sorry - my geography is not the greatest and for the life of me I don’t understand why they don’t do away with the Geography brackets in 6A and 5A. I think 5A thru 8A should be 1-32 regardless of playoff travel.

All.... The last two years when the IHSA went with brackets and a few years back when the Trojans were 7A and the seeds then were 1-16 in postseason play CG was in the upper (northern) grouping. One never knows until the qualifiers are announced but it appears north they will stay. Ratsy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT