ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts from Thursday's Batavia 7on7 and Linemen Challenge

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Here are just some various thoughts and observations from Thursday's Batavia 7on7 and Linemen Challenge. I generally make sure to stop out to Batavia every summer for years now and I was very interested to get some eyes on the Bulldogs here in particular, who I feel could wind up being highly ranked this preseason.

Originally St Charles North was planned to attend this event but backed out and Elk Grove stopped in it's place.

First of all...we need to talk about the ongoing construction going on around the stadium in Batavia. The Bulldogs are in the middle of replacing it's old home stands and press box along with adding a new digital lighting system. Batavia no question has been in great need to an expansion to it's home side along with replacing a lighting system that was installed back in the late 1980's that just was not very good whatsoever (ask any photographer). This is the first of a few different phases for Batavia's renovations. The replacement of the stands at Batavia is already in progress...and will be ready for this season. A few things to note here....the plan for Batavia is to greatly expand it's home side seating but some additional changes will need to happen (including a teardown and rebuild of it's concessions and restroom area). The plan for now is replacing just the old bleachers for 2022 before any huge increase in seating capacity, then the next phase is the tear down and moving the concession area...then the final phase will be going from end zone to end zone from a seating capacity standpoint.

Teams who took part on Thursday at Batavia

Batavia
- Very solid offensively and junior QB Ryan Boe is a year old bigger and stronger and looks ready to have a big junior season this fall. Boe was very accurate here and was able to show off a bit more confidence in his deep ball. Batavia once again somehow has several big, tall and athletic TE/WR types to watch this fall and they will provide some matchup issues no question. The defense is also really solid and the linebacker group could easily be considered one of the top LB groups in the state this season. Senior ILB Tyler Jansey has added easily 15-20 more pounds of muscle and the Wisconsin pledged linebacker still has impressive speed and change of direction while having even more punch and power this fall. Jansey's overall, weight room work and training no question has been taken to a much higher level this off season and the results are pretty damn impressive. LB Jack Sadowsky (Iowa State) sat out this 7on7 recovering from a summer injury but will be back and 100 percent ready for the season. Linemen plan? Batavia HC Dennis Piron "feels good" about his returning linemen back and this is a good sized group with some power and a good mix of seniors and underclassmen in the mix. I basically was able to see a lot on Batavia is regards to overall talent level and personnel and like where this team is heading.

Glenbard West- Again I've seen the Hitters more this summer at events then just about any other team.....which is pretty rare to be honest.....since in some years West seldom ever left the Glen. The offense has been very strong this summer for Glenbard West as senior QB Korey Tai throws a very strong and very accurate ball, has several key backs and receivers as weapons (Joey Pope will have a huge 2022 season along with WR Ju Ju Ellens). The defense overall is always a strength and looks to be a very solid overall group here. The line play? Big....big and very physical group that will be one of the bigger lines for GBW in more than a few seasons. Wisconsin commit OL Chris Terek physically has never looked better and his combination of weight loss along with more focus on his mix of quickness and weight room has really paid off. The Hitters offensive line has some key names to watch including Jack Baer and Jack Anderson, Brady Caven and Luke Gamdonski and again this is just a very big and strong linemen group and was also easily the best linemen group here.

Plainfield East- The Bengals are a program that sure seems to be getting closer and closer to a breakout on the field, and the early makings of this Plainfield East team is intriguing and could become a playoff team once again in 2022. The offensive skills department is a key and a strength here. QB Brandon Parades was pretty solid here overall on Thursday and sophomore WR Quinn Morris is a standout name in the 2025 class ready and waiting for a major breakout on the field this fall. Morris, the younger brother of former Nazareth Academy and current Michigan WR Tyler Morris has gotten bigger and stronger and looks more impressive physically every time I've seen him over the past year or so. Tye big key I feel for the Bengals will be the overall line play. Led by NIU commit senior OT Michael Jimmar, the Bengals offensive line has some upside and potential but this also looks like a group who has more speed/quickness than overall brute strength. If the line play develops the Bengals could be in line for a nice run this coming season.

Elk Grove- The Grens and head coach Miles Osei has continued to grind it out as a program and are searching for a winning season, the last coming in 2013. Happily the Grens this summer looks as capable of getting some wins this fall and have a nice core of skill position players.I was impressed with how competitive the Grens, especially the offensive skills group played against both Batavia and Plainfield East here and with a few breaks this season could challenge for 4-5 wins in the Mid Suburban. FYI the Grens also had a very solid group of underclassmen linemen and that is another positive sign to see from Elk Grove this summer.

Next: West Aurora Big Butts Linemen Challenge

Reactions: scottmoore52
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News