ADVERTISEMENT

Thought on flyers vs mt.carmel

lol how great do you have to be when you recruiting in the 3rd largest city in America. #respect but keep it real. would he be great at a public school. he should never have bad yr. IMO

to show his greatest.... do the national circuit... st x. trinities img bishop g etc. show his real dominance

Reactions: vfl05
lol how great do you have to be when you recruiting in the 3rd largest city in America. #respect but keep it real. would he be great at a public school. he should never have bad yr. IMO

I'm a public guy, but good coaching is good caching. and yes you are correct. but, to answer your statement, he does not have a bad year. but, I do believe as with Kor's record. he should not be able to count the city championships playoff wins. as all coaches do not get to enter that tournament when they lose. so he gets an additional 5 game season regardless. but, he is still the winningest coach in Illinois.

Wow...What's the underlying cause of all of this anger and resentment towards Lenti?

He is not a god! People need to realize it. He's a typical salesman, ie: a liar and a bullshitter. I've known Lenti for many many years, he has everyone fooled. You would think Badke is his protege!

to show his greatest.... do the national circuit... st x. trinities img bishop g etc. show his real dominance
Frankly, there's probably not too many teams in our area that could play with that competition. And I'm pretty sure most would agree with that.

Frankly, there's probably not too many teams in our area that could play with that competition. And I'm pretty sure most would agree with that.
no disrespect intended but if I'm able to recruit a whole city of Chicago and I'm a legend. playing those team would come nature. bc f state i want nationals. those schools recruit smaller pools and are better. IMO

no disrespect intended but if I'm able to recruit a whole city of Chicago and I'm a legend. playing those team would come nature. bc f state i want nationals. those schools recruit smaller pools and are better. IMO
There's a real possibility that you can collect the best 22 players in the Chicago area, let them practice together for a month, choosing whatever coach you like, and still not be able to beat a Bishop Gorman or Mater Dei.... Different universe

There's a real possibility that you can collect the best 22 players in the Chicago area, let them practice together for a month, choosing whatever coach you like, and still not be able to beat a Bishop Gorman or Mater Dei.... Different universe
not true... it's no different than learn how to win in the Catholic league. or winning in the playoffs. have you really paid attention to the pool kids some programs draw from and be successful. and the to count win from the mediocrity bowl is laughable. IMO

not true... it's no different than learn how to win in the Catholic league. or winning in the playoffs. have you really paid attention to the pool kids some programs draw from and be successful. and the to count win from the mediocrity bowl is laughable. IMO
I totally disagree.
I respect your opinion. However, in my opinion, no team in our state would fare very well against that type of competition. That's all I'm saying.

Reactions: Odirty
I totally disagree.

I respect your opinion. However, in my opinion, no team in our state would fare very well against that type of competition. That's all I'm saying.
I guess my question is why not.... e st louis won national titles in the 80's (different formats) with a much smaller pool. cps compete in bball national. if he and Carmel are legendary.... why not

I totally disagree.

Does it matter? It seems players from Illinois are fairing well on the next level. Isn’t that all that really matters?

Does it matter? It seems players from Illinois are fairing well on the next level. Isn’t that all that really matters?
Yes....I agree, that is what matters. I was disputing the assertion that better teams in our area should venture out to prove themselves.

I don't bash MC as a school, just bash the nimwits who wait their turn to wipe Lentis' ass after he shits.
I'm sure you stood on the sidelines all year and cheered on the Caravan in your younger days, not seeing the field and and thinking you were really part of the team
You're talking to the wrong guy, fella.

It all depend on your goals. For the average coach and team in Illinois yes you are correct. That is all that matter. If you want to pretend like you are doing something no other school (in Illinois) can do then this conversation is relevant. Let's take the last 10 years. MS, LA, BB, GW, GN, ESL, LWE, PC, WWS, MC, Naz, Montini, SHG, PR, and CG have all won championships and all have good coaches. How many of those teams run around talking their coach is the "greatest"? At least on this board, the fans are humble. Any of those coaches (and the ones I left out by mistake) can stack their resume against each other and demand respect. I will also state that if any of those coaches leave and go somewhere else, its not guaranteed that they will have similar success. Examples would be the guy at Evanston and the guy from LZ who went to Rock Island.

Winning takes more than just a "good/ great" coach and credit should be given to all involved and not just the coach.

It all depend on your goals. For the average coach and team in Illinois yes you are correct. That is all that matter. If you want to pretend like you are doing something no other school (in Illinois) can do then this conversation is relevant. Let's take the last 10 years. MS, LA, BB, GW, GN, ESL, LWE, PC, WWS, MC, Naz, Montini, SHG, PR, and CG have all won championships and all have good coaches. How many of those teams run around talking their coach is the "greatest"? At least on this board, the fans are humble. Any of those coaches (and the ones I left out by mistake) can stack their resume against each other and demand respect. I will also state that if any of those coaches leave and go somewhere else, its not guaranteed that they will have similar success. Examples would be the guy at Evanston and the guy from LZ who went to Rock Island.

Winning takes more than just a "good/ great" coach and credit should be given to all involved and not just the coach.
Preach!!!!

Boys, I've been on this board for 16 years and I honestly cannot recall anyone from Mt Carmel or anywhere else posting any excessive praise for coach Frank Lenti.

He doesn't need it.

Yes, we've come to his defense when some overly envious ne'er do well starts throwing stones, but that's about it.

Take your jealousy elsewhere.

BTW, some of you need to watch your language. Civility keeps this board going strongly.

Thank you.

you proved my point... if we do well at the next l
Boys, I've been on this board for 16 years and I honestly cannot recall anyone from Mt Carmel or anywhere else posting any excessive praise for coach Frank Lenti.

He doesn't need it.

Yes, we've come to his defense when some overly envious ne'er do well starts throwing stones, but that's about it.

BTW, some of you need to watch your language. Civility keeps this board going strongly.

Thank you.

He doesn't need it.

Thank you.
lol first off BOY you must can't read.

He doesn't need it.

Thank you.
LMAO this is a very stately clown statement. and your yes men loved it lol. jealous of what... nice try Boy

you proved my point... if we do well at the next l

lol first off BOY you must can't read.

LMAO this is a very stately clown statement. and your yes men loved it lol. jealous of what... nice try Boy

Odie - you seem to go to a lot of trouble to post your remarks. Why don't you take it a step further and make them in full sentences?

Thanks,

Odie - you seem to go to a lot of trouble to post your remarks. Why don't you take it a step further and make them in full sentences?

Thanks,
ok here is a full statement. I feel you guys are comfortable being great to each other. legends find new challenges not rest where they are. most legendary coach try to conquer the national scene not prep bowls. period

Rumor has est.l cornerback wears high top gym shoes,it could be very slippery sat.be careful!

ok here is a full statement. I feel you guys are comfortable being great to each other. legends find new challenges not rest where they are. most legendary coach try to conquer the national scene not prep bowls. period
Two spaces and a capital letter after each period, please.
I think Odis may have been cut by Coach Frank at some point in the past. And for the record, MC does not have cuts from the football team.

Reactions: sivada2001
You can go visit all the past stars of MC, (and every other SS catholic HS), at Kennedy Park and MTG park in the summers playing 16" softball.
And listen to the past "studs" of Carmel talking about "remember when...."

You can go visit all the past stars of MC, (and every other SS catholic HS), at Kennedy Park and MTG park in the summers playing 16" softball.
The picture is becoming a little bit clearer now as to the source of your angst.

On behalf of all of the others, we thank you for coming and picking up the trash and emptying the garbage cans when we're done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT