ADVERTISEMENT

Thornton

Cross Bones

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2001
At 4-3 Thornton will need to beat either The Brook or LWC to qualify for the post season. LWC only lost to LWE 38-0 which doesn't sound like an accomplishment, but it is. They also only lost to Richards by 10. Richards has been destroying everyone. So if you can read between the lines this is the game that Thornton needs to secure their post season ticket.

Thornton was also able to play LWW tough, this was a LWW that gave HF all they can handle. So on the turf over on Raider Way they may have too much speed for the Raiders to handle.

Raiders may also be looking ahead to impending blowout in week 9 and may get caught looking at the plate.

Thoughts?

Coach is going to have to have his son transfer into Thornton from Marist (his son is probably the best Frosh athlete I've seen this year) and get him on Varsity next year if Thornton is going to want to make playoffs in future too. I still think they pull off the upset and get by LWC

Coach is going to have to have his son transfer into Thornton from Marist (his son is probably the best Frosh athlete I've seen this year) and get him on Varsity next year if Thornton is going to want to make playoffs in future too. I still think they pull off the upset and get by LWC
Part of me wants Sam Jackson there too. I want Thornton to be great again.

I think the kid would singlehandedly carry Thornton for years. Marist has a very good Frosh team but without him they'd be 6-3.

Reactions: USD24
At 4-3 Thornton will need to beat either The Brook or LWC to qualify for the post season. LWC only lost to LWE 38-0 which doesn't sound like an accomplishment, but it is. They also only lost to Richards by 10. Richards has been destroying everyone. So if you can read between the lines this is the game that Thornton needs to secure their post season ticket.

Thornton was also able to play LWW tough, this was a LWW that gave HF all they can handle. So on the turf over on Raider Way they may have too much speed for the Raiders to handle.

Raiders may also be looking ahead to impending blowout in week 9 and may get caught looking at the plate.

Thoughts?
Two observations:
  • With LWC beating LWW (even though back in Week 2 by 8 points) and LWW taking Thornton down (close as it was - 10 points), the nod could go to LWC over Thornton.
  • LWC has the kind of offense that has the capacity to keep Thornton offense on the sideline and force some of their defenders accustomed to playing in space to come into the core and mix it up.
I can not comment on the Thornton/'Brook match-up due to not having seen the latter play.

The Freshman has a real good chance of being the starter on Varsity at Marist next year. Marist has a talented junior as back up this year but there could be a battle on 115th street come summer time.

99.5% sure he’ll be at Thornton, possibly after Christmas break. The article I read on him he didn’t seem comfortable not playing for his Dad. I understand he’s having a great season at Marist and Marist is a great place for him academically and athletically but it is his father and his job and if he can help him be successful, he’ll leave. I guess it really depends if Thornton can field a team in 2 years

Where would Jackson get to play better competition and get better?
Marist vs. the CCL/ESCC merger schedule or
TT playing in the Southland vs. those mediocre teams?
It is a no brainer if he wants to improve or play better competition.

Just like the article stated, Jackson made the decision based on what was best for his son.
Dad has some stones to what he did and I applaud him for making the correct (imo), but tough decision.
Marist is the best place for the kid.

Where would Jackson get to play better competition and get better?
Marist vs. the CCL/ESCC merger schedule or
TT playing in the Southland vs. those mediocre teams?
It is a no brainer if he wants to improve or play better competition.

Just like the article stated, Jackson made the decision based on what was best for his son.
Dad has some stones to what he did and I applaud him for making the correct (imo), but tough decision.
Marist is the best place for the kid.

There is a zero percent chance both this kid stays at Marist and Dad stays coach at Thornton next three years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT