ADVERTISEMENT

The war of attrition

Or city workers who can’t move...and level minded families that wouldn’t uproot their families for a three month sport season

The amount of money spent on youth and high school sports says there are plenty who would pay for an apartment for a few months out of state.

This only applies if we find out we are playing in August. If it is announced during the summer we are coming back, the people leaving will be minimal.

The amount of money spent on youth and high school sports says there are plenty who would pay for an apartment for a few months out of state.

This only applies if we find out we are playing in August. If it is announced during the summer we are coming back, the people leaving will be minimal.
Don't forget, though probably not to a large amount of kids, boosters can be openly involved in getting kids money in college now. I think this will play a factor in some kids finding new homes as well

I tend to agree, but wonder how late people will wait. July? August? It doesn't appear our state has any plan on making decisions soon. They would need to get the ball rolling if they want to get ahead of everything instead of waiting until July to say anything.

Texas just announced right now pro sports and youth sports, including camps can begin again May 31. We are waaaay behind on this.

I tend to agree, but wonder how late people will wait. July? August? It doesn't appear our state has any plan on making decisions soon. They would need to get the ball rolling if they want to get ahead of everything instead of waiting until July to say anything.

Texas just announced right now pro sports and youth sports, including camps can begin again May 31. We are waaaay behind on this.
JB needs to be in agreement with Lori, Andrew Cuomo and Gretchen Whitmer before he’s ready to talk haircuts let alone high school football. Not being political of course.

Great news all around:
States continue opening
Montana schools opened 2 weeks ago
CA Gov Newsom opening the state to pro sports first week of June. This indicates he moved up the timeline with the incoming data.
Georgia has not experienced the mass deaths predicted.
Notre Dame plan to open
Dupage County sheriff Mendrick rebuking the Governors orders. Dupage is the second largest county in the state so it’s not just the small counties asking for a re-appraisal of our state’s plan.
These kids need to be outside and part of their previous routines.

Great news all around:
States continue opening
CA Gov Newsom opening the state to pro sports first week of June. This indicates he moved up the timeline with the incoming data.
Notre Dame plan to open
Dupage County sheriff Mendrick rebuking the Governors orders. Dupage is the second largest county in the state so it’s not just the small counties asking for a re-appraisal of our state’s plan.

Totally agree Rock the kids need to play.

If IL shits down, expect some MONSTER TEAMS in the STL area. It will be a group decision and bunches of kids picking a few schools where they think they could make it on the field.

I can see one of the Hazelwood schools making out like bandits!

Crusader - if Illinois isn’t playing football in the fall, which downstate school is hit hardest by departures to the STL area? I know ESL is down that way but I’m not really familiar with some of the other schools or players down there. Can you give me some of the insight into the impact players and which schools they’re from? Where they could look to go? Thanks.

The entire Southwest Conference. I’d say Althoff, but the talent has be depleted already. Cahokia is another - Madison ... just like STL kids would find an Auntie in ESL or Belleville, O’Fallon. Collinsville or whatever, the same can happen in the MO side.

Reactions: caravan8
Great news all around:
States continue opening
Notre Dame plan to open
Anyone see a pattern here?

Reactions: Gene K.
If IL shits down, expect some MONSTER TEAMS in the STL area. It will be a group decision and bunches of kids picking a few schools where they think they could make it on the field.

I can see one of the Hazelwood schools making out like bandits!

Watch out crusader or you will upset the spelling/grammar police. Lol

Crusader - if Illinois isn’t playing football in the fall, which downstate school is hit hardest by departures to the STL area? I know ESL is down that way but I’m not really familiar with some of the other schools or players down there. Can you give me some of the insight into the impact players and which schools they’re from? Where they could look to go? Thanks.

so in other words, the ESL kids would just move back home? #funnynotfunny

Reactions: Schwab54
At work we had a meeting one time.They had a map of the United States.They asked if anyone knew what it was.I said yes.The boundaries for Jackie Robinson West Little League
Cheating in the Little league World Series has been going on for decades. I remember one year there was a left handed pitcher, I forget what team he was on, who was striking out nearly every batter he faced. Turned out the kid was 14 years old.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT