MC @ M
neutral field
[2021] Mount Carmel (Chicago, IL) 38, [2021] Marist (Chicago, IL) 17

BA @ SR
neutral field
[2021] St. Rita (Chicago, IL) 42, [2021] Benet Academy (Lisle, IL) 0

NA @ ND
neutral field
[2021] Notre Dame (Niles, IL) 17, [2021] Nazareth Academy (LaGrange Park, IL) 16

SL @ MCHS
neutral field
[2021] Montini Catholic (Lombard, IL) 21, [2021] St. Laurence (Burbank, IL) 10

PC @ JC
neutral field
[2021] Joliet Catholic Academy (Joliet, IL) 27, [2021] Providence Catholic (New Lenox, IL) 8

SV @ CoM
neutral field
[2021] Carmel (Mundelein, IL) 31, [2021] St. Viator (Arlington Heights, IL) 21

SP @ Marian, Heights
neutral field
[2021] St. Patrick (Chicago, IL) 31, [2021] Marian Catholic (Chicago Heights, IL) 6

DP @ Leo
neutral field
[2021] Leo (Chicago, IL) 24, [2021] DePaul College Prep (Chicago, IL) 19

SI @ MA
neutral field
[2021] St. Ignatius (Chicago, IL) 28, [2021] Marmion Academy (Aurora, IL) 19

F @ DLS
neutral field
[2021] Fenwick (Oak Park, IL) 38, [2021] De La Salle (Chicago, IL) 19

Marian, Sticks vs ???
I ran the Canes against the strongest and weakest teams in the state and got a +60 and -62. So, I'm calling them a -2 against anyone they schedule.
neutral field
[2021] East St. Louis (IL) 63, [2021] Marian Central Catholic (Woodstock, IL) 3
neutral field
[2021] Marian Central Catholic (Woodstock, IL) 62, [2021] Juarez (Chicago, IL) 0

Last edited:
Should be a fun week. We will learn a lot. Surprised to see so many big spreads (esp in the Blue).

Blue
Brother Rice +30 vs Loyola
Marist +21 vs Mount Carmel

Green
Benet +42 vs St. Rita
Nazareth +1 vs Notre Dame

Orange
Montini -11 vs St. Laurence
JCA -19 vs Providence

Purple
Viator +10 vs Carmel
St. Patrick -25 vs Marian Catholic

Red
Leo -5 vs DePaul

White
Marmion +9 vs Ignatius
Fenwick -19 vs DeLaSalle

MCC +60 vs ESL
MCC -62 vs Juarez

Reactions: ignazio
How does Leo, with an enrollment of 115 students, even field a football team, much less win against DePaul Prep, which has more students than MC, Rice, and Rita?

Blue
Loyola 31
Brother Rice 14
*Backdoor cover for Crusader after going down 31-0.*

Mount Carmel 17
Marist 14
*Game-winning FG by Louie Chappetto.*

Green
St. Rita 42
Benet 7
*A battered and bruised Benet bunch gets mauled by Mustang.*

Nazareth 24
Notre Dame 14
*Signs of life from Roadrunner last week. 5-4 within reach.*

Orange
Montini 23
St. Laurence 7
*Must win for Bronco. Might be a coupletwotree years until Viking qualifies for IHSA again.

Joliet Catholic 35
Providence 14
*Methinks Hilltopper is going 14-0. Props to PC for being 2-1 at this point when 0-3 was possible. I will never forget that 2002 IHSA game, though. Yikes.*

Purple
Carmel Catholic 28
St. Viator 17
*Who doesn't want the Corsair to return to relevance?*

St. Patrick 28
Marian Catholic 14
*Should they have kept Heights in Red and Sticks in Purple?*

Red
Gordon Tech 27
Leo 18
*I wish both teams could win this game.*

White
St. Ignatius 24
Marmion 21
*Outside of the two Blue games, this is the GOW. Deserves some attention.*

Fenwick 38
De La Salle 14
*Easy bounce-back win for Friar. Doesn't look like Meteor will get to 5.*

How does Leo, with an enrollment of 115 students, even field a football team, much less win against DePaul Prep, which has more students than MC, Rice, and Rita?
Mike Holmes has been there forever and does a great job. Obviously it’s just one team there, no lower levels, so the ones who play all 4 years have 4 years of varsity experience.

Lots of points being given this weekend, I’m always skeptical of 20 point favorites in conference games. Here we go…

BR +30
Marist +21 (I think this is going to be a close game, just hope MC can eek out a win)

Benet +42
Naz +1 Roadrunners get off the ground and get that first win of the season

Montini -11
JCA -19

COM -10
Marian (Heights) +25

DePaul +5
SICP -9

Fenwick -19
Marian (Sticks) +60
Marian (Sticks) -62

These picks of Mt Carmel over Marist by several touchdowns are just Marist fans sandbagging in hopes of giving their team bulletin board material. Period. It will be an extremely close game.

I must admit that I have seven nieces and nephews whom I constantly remind that their alma mater has never beaten the Caravan. I think a few of them would give up their homes for a victory just to shut me up. They might get their wish Friday night.

Reactions: MC2023
Loyola 38 Brother Rice 17: The Ramblers will Ramble On

Mount Carmel 24 Marist 23: High School Game Day will be at 115th and Pulaski for this tilt. Mount Carmel either wins it late or they do their special teams magic.

Saint Rita 49 Benet 7: The Ponies begin their run starting now

Notre Dame 20 Nazareth 17 (OT): The loser of this game will lose their playoff hopes.

Montini 20 Saint Laurence 10: Just a meh matchup this year

Joliet Catholic 35 Providence 13: The Hilltoppers do not get threatened at any point in this one.

Carmel 28 Saint Viator 22: A very important game for both programs playoff hopes. I'm going to believe that the Carmel that played Leo will not be showing up this weekend.

Saint Patrick 33 Marian of the Heights 13: Shamrocks keep their playoff aspirations in tact against the lowly Spartans

Leo 20 Gordon Tech 18: This one is perhaps the most difficult game to select. I'm going with Leo cause that's what the coin flip told me.

Saint Ignatius 28 Marmion 24: A battle of undefeated squads meeting in downtown Chicago. This is sweet. I'm taking the Wolfpack in a great game as they are becoming the most annoying team to play in the ESCC/CCL

Fenwick 42 De La Salle 14: A much needed "get right" game for the Friars after a tough loss last week.

Marian of the Sticks: I really hope that they find a game for the kids to play. This is the same program who forfeited against Loyola last season simply cause they didn't want to lose by a million. There's only 9 of these games scheduled every year. They are precious and go by quickly. I hope they don't take another away from the kids.

Last edited:
These picks of Mt Carmel over Marist by several touchdowns are just Marist fans sandbagging in hopes of giving their team bulletin board material. Period. It will be an extremely close game.

I must admit that I have seven nieces and nephews whom I constantly remind that their alma mater has never beaten the Caravan. I think a few of them would give up their homes for a victory just to shut me up. They might get their wish Friday night.
I disagree. Marist may have overlooked Naz last week but MC beats that team by 2 scores.

I’m going with all the dogs this week again. The best thing about Gambletron is that it purely statistical: doesn’t care if a team’s 1A or 8A, rides coach bus or school bus, or how many zip codes a school needs to draw from to stay afloat.

I’m going with all the dogs this week again. The best thing about Gambletron is that it purely statistical: doesn’t care if a team’s 1A or 8A, rides coach bus or school bus, or how many zip codes a school needs to draw from to stay afloat.
Like the old saying goes: Bet against Gambletron early in the season; Bet with Gambletron come playoff time

Reactions: ignazio and Bowie50
Sorry for being late and for also being short and sweet with my picks this week. The house needs a lot of repairs.

LA 24-14
Marist 14-13
SR v BAc OFF for 6 weeks until the repairs are complete
NND 8-7
Broncs 14-6
JCA 42-7
CoM 20-19
StP 24-21
LEO 21-20
Cadets 14-7
Friar 40-6

ADVERTISEMENT