ADVERTISEMENT

St.Rita 7 Loyola 0 end 1st Q

7-7

LA’s QB1 and RB 1 have been out all game thus far.

LA 10. Rita 8
1:00 min left in 3rd

LA kicker just hit a 47 yarder. Rita is good.

Some tempers flaring at the end of the game.....good game by both teams. Seemed like Rita had their opportunities, but a missed FG and costly fumble turned the momentum. Rita soph RB is the real deal.

Reactions: Bowie50
No Cabanban and McClinton sat most of the 1st half. Rita is a good football team and they are young. Brown is the real deal. Very good game. Could have been 31-7 but Holecek is a class act. So is Kuska. The Rita DB (Smith?) who took a swing at an LA player at the end was getting man handled all day. Got to keep your cool. LA is very disciplined and typically won’t retaliate. Good win. Great day to be a Rambler!

Reactions: lookoutforliam
Game was never in doubt. Not surprised by this outcome at all. Good luck to the Ramblers the rest of the way. Rita has a lot of work to do, if she wants to squeak in at 5 - 4.

Game was never in doubt. Not surprised by this outcome at all. Good luck to the Ramblers the rest of the way. Rita has a lot of work to do, if she wants to squeak in at 5 - 4.
Rita will be fine. Next year, they will dominate.

I’d say it was a tiny bit in doubt around the end of the 3rd qtr, when SR can’t score inside the 10 tied 7-7. And then when 10-7 on a 3rd and 2 well-designed, well-executed play was taken 30 yards until LA made a beautiful near-TD saving tackle, forcing the fumble and recovering it.

Then the Pemberton show and the 4th quarter was never in doubt, i’d agree with that. Am I off base Rambler fans?

Rita will be fine. Next year, they will dominate.

I’d say it was a tiny bit in doubt around the end of the 3rd qtr, when SR can’t score inside the 10 tied 7-7. And then when 10-7 on a 3rd and 2 well-designed, well-executed play was taken 30 yards until LA made a beautiful near-TD saving tackle, forcing the fumble and recovering it.

Then the Pemberton show and the 4th quarter was never in doubt, i’d agree with that. Am I off base Rambler fans?

When I read posts like certain starters were out and the score should've been 31 - 7, that tells me that the game was never in doubt. However, I do see your points RS. Cascia came close to covering the spread, though. Whoever put the points spread at -16 for LA was spot on! Give that poster a cigar. I viewed the game at the point where LA had 2 and 25 after a bad snap, but was able to gain enough yards to hit a 47 yarder.

One more year against LA and that is it for a while. Great program over there. Hopefully, no major injuries for both teams.

Not at all. I was very worried until end of 3rd. Rita is a damn good squad and they will make a run. They will be excellent next couple of years.

Pretty accurate.

The 49 yd FG was a big, followed up by the fumble recovery and from there the momentum went all the way to LA.

I think Rita called a screen, if I’m not mistaken. Definitely a great call but also a great play by Artis Benjamin on the strip. If Rita scores a TD on that drive, who knows how things end.

Both teams have a helluva grind in front of them. I hope both came out healthy.

Can they make a run this year? I mean they have Benet, ND, PC and Montini to play still.
Absolutely! I think Rice is down a bit, so Rita PC is a toss up. I think Montini May be an L, but ND and Benet are definitely winnable if the limit turnovers. As LAguy stated, Rita doesn’t fumble on that screen on the third and that game may have had a different outcome.

Rita dropped a pass inside the Loyola 5 which would have been least a first down if not a td, to go up 14-7. FG gets blocked. Loyola takes over and eventually kicks FG.
Rita drives, calls WR end around, beautiful call and big yardage inside Loyola's 30 til he lost the ball.
Then Loyola seemed to keep it simple and pounded the ball the last 2 scores.

Can they make a run this year? I mean they have Benet, ND, PC and Montini to play still.
I think they can beat Montini. If you saw the MC game the score could have easily been 42-14, MC just stubbed their toe a few times. The QB Bell was very athletic but was 8-22...he rushed for over 100 but 65 were on one carry. Their defensive line was huge, Linebackers decent but the secondary was below average, at least last night. You got them at home, I think Rita wins.

Not at all. I was very worried until end of 3rd. Rita is a damn good squad and they will make a run. They will be excellent next couple of years.
can alumni go another year without a playoff bid? Prep Bowl can't be keeping the people happy...someone dive in here.

I think they can beat Montini. If you saw the MC game the score could have easily been 42-14, MC just stubbed their toe a few times. The QB Bell was very athletic but was 8-22...he rushed for over 100 but 65 were on one carry. Their defensive line was huge, Linebackers decent but the secondary was below average, at least last night. You got them at home, I think Rita wins.
St. Rita is away next week.

I appreciate the encouragement from some of these posts by good posters here. I know one thing: TK will always have his teams fight tooth and nail to try and grind out some of these big games that are coming up on that very difficult schedule.

Reactions: tomloner
Rita's at Montini, home for Marian Central Catholic, at Provi the next couple weeks before finishing with Marian Catholic, Benet, and ND all home games which could save her down the stretch. Assuming Marians and Benet are wins at home, she'll need one of Montini, Provi, and ND for the magic number 5. I believe one of their coaches said they had 10 Jrs on the field and 3 Sophs on Saturday so hopefully this tough opening set of games has aged them quickly. They did hold their own through 3.5 qtrs in Wilmette and were able to tie it after spotting Richards a 28-6 lead. If not this year, the immediate future looks bright for the Mustangs and especially #35 Brown.

Rita's at Montini, home for Marian Central Catholic, at Provi the next couple weeks before finishing with Marian Catholic, Benet, and ND all home games which could save her down the stretch. Assuming Marians and Benet are wins at home, she'll need one of Montini, Provi, and ND for the magic number 5. I believe one of their coaches said they had 10 Jrs on the field and 3 Sophs on Saturday so hopefully this tough opening set of games has aged them quickly. They did hold their own through 3.5 qtrs in Wilmette and were able to tie it after spotting Richards a 28-6 lead. If not this year, the immediate future looks bright for the Mustangs and especially #35 Brown.
I think Rita makes a state championship appearance next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT