ADVERTISEMENT

St. Rita 47, Marmion 14: Final

Wittymoniker1

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2007
La Grange Park, IL
According to Twitter, it reads like Junior QB--filling in for #8 Jake--is having a good game. Hopefully, SR will not miss a beat come playoff time.

The kid just needs reps!

Congrats to the Mustangs finishing with a 7 - 2 record. Playing in the Blue, I will take that every year. Anyone actually at the game that can comment on #8 Jake's replacement?

Let's just hope there's no tape to this game.
He can throw. He can run. He can read a defense. He can take a hit. He's been watching #8 very well. Timing on read option and passing game was as good as you can expect in first start. Burn the film:p

Shout out to Marmion too. I really like that program. I went to Aurora for the SR MA game last year and they were great hosts. This year not surprised how solid a bunch of their athletes are and well coached in football. Solid program. Gave a little scare to the SR crowd in 1st half as they traded punches with SR and hung in there for awhile until SR came out in the second half in all phases on fire. Good luck to MA in the 6A state playoffs.

Marmions QB is impressive. They have a couple of huge lineman. They would be dangerous if guys didn't have to go both ways.

SRs QB was very impressive. He has a very nice arm. Unfortunately, one of his WRs was injured

Lethargic first half. Tough seeing QB in wheelchair. Replacement QB has nice arm, size, hard to tackle, and sees the field very well when dropping back. Another WR hurt and had to leave the game. A lot more energy in second half. Had to leave to go to O'Hare after 3 quarters. Last. week I posted about next years QB. My source apologized that he gave me erroroance info. Was talking to both me and the guy on his other side at same time. Came out wrong. Since he's in the locker room before and after games I never question him. Apologies to last night's QB. Hopefully most of the walking wounded back for next week.

Disappointed 6A Marmion cannot play more competitive up just one level at class 7A.

Disappointed 6A Marmion cannot play more competitive up just one level at class 7A.
Like septon said, they'd be dangerous with less players going both ways. SR, not just a 7A team but the 6th ranked 7A team, played with an anger in the 2nd half after an emotional week and executed well as MA's two way players started to wear down. #12 on MA is a stud. If they're matched up vs other 6A teams that have to play a lot of players both ways, they can make some noise. I wouldn't put too much stock in the score. No film on new SR QB, who played pretty darn well, how do you prepare for that? Busses showed up late for sophomore game, pushing varsity start time back to 815pm, all adding up to a rough second half. I know they'll have to travel in the playoffs but at least visitors must agree to the start time or request another time. So that would help. I just wouldn't predict MA's chances in state off of last night's outcome.

Saw Rita for 1st time this season Friday and they were impressive. They have good players in all 3 phases of the game with the physical tools to more than execute their assignments. They would not look to beat themselves either. Nice depth to replace injured players with ones totally up to the job.

Reactions: RockSoup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT