ADVERTISEMENT

St Rita 35 Montini 45 Final

Montini gets x 2 x 1.65 because success factor applies to them.

Rita only gets x 2 and the 1.65 does not apply to them this season as they missed the playoffs last season. Recent IHSA change.

So as far as the IHSA is concerned for this season, Montini’s enrollment is 1,072 and Rita’s is 1,160.

Just the messenger.
What is the “x 2” for when it comes to Montini? I understand the 1.65

Bones,

How good is LWE vs last year?
I would say they're less explosive on offense. They rely on AJ a lot. Last year he was gone half the time and they still put up huge #'s.

Defense is hard to tell because our offense is 50 years old and easy to stop, but they're quick to the ball and hit you. The bookends are both D1. We didn't try passing so who knows how the DBs are.

Reactions: Wassup13
I would say they're less explosive on offense. They rely on AJ a lot. Last year he was gone half the time and they still put up huge #'s.

Defense is hard to tell because our offense is 50 years old and easy to stop, but they're quick to the ball and hit you. The bookends are both D1. We didn't try passing so who knows how the DBs are.
I smell 5 maybe 6 private school championships this year,then the ihsa will have to work on their Chinese math to not let it happen again.

Reactions: sivada2001
I smell 5 maybe 6 private school championships this year,then the ihsa will have to work on their Chinese math to not let it happen again.
Not seeing it. What five do you see? I have ICC and MC as favorites. If ESL finds its way into 6A then I see Montini in 5A.

Not seeing it. What five do you see? I have ICC and MC as favorites. If ESL finds its way into 6A then I see Montini in 5A.

The new multiplier was put into 0lace to set up seperation of the two groups soon enough.

Back to the topic of the game, and Rita fans you know I’m a level headed poster, but what the hell happened? Your guys are being very calm, I would be livid at MC was up 35-17 in the fourth and lost, which I’ve actually seen them do before, but was it a conditioning thing? Did SR just run out of gas??

Reactions: Bowie50
Back to the topic of the game, and Rita fans you know I’m a level headed poster, but what the hell happened? Your guys are being very calm, I would be livid at MC was up 35-17 in the fourth and lost, which I’ve actually seen them do before, but was it a conditioning thing? Did SR just run out of gas??
Conditioning looked fine. I’d say the biggest difference was Bell who was wildly inaccurate vs MC last week (7 for 21?) played the perfect half of his life. I saw both Montini games and Bell was missing receivers by 5 yards vs MC and vs SR in the first half with both defenses doing nothing special to force those type of throws. Then second half, lasers in stride. I hope Wassup or mchslum has the numbers. If the play broke down, he had long runs. Most of the designed QB keepers were bottled up fine. Bell is special and he brought it all together in the second half.

I’m sure some St. Rita fans are out for blood, actually I know, thanks to all my friends who text me wanting to know what the heck happened but the fact is where MC got MCHS and LA at home in close games, Rita got LA and MCHS on the road in close games. I don’t see how being angry at the schedule helps. All the pieces are there to make the playoffs, so go make the playoffs.

Conditioning looked fine. I’d say the biggest difference was Bell who was wildly inaccurate vs MC last week (7 for 21?) played the perfect half of his life. I saw both Montini games and Bell was missing receivers by 5 yards vs MC and vs SR in the first half with both defenses doing nothing special to force those type of throws. Then second half, lasers in stride. I hope Wassup or mchslum has the numbers. If the play broke down, he had long runs. Most of the designed QB keepers were bottled up fine. Bell is special and he brought it all together in the second half.

I’m sure some St. Rita fans are out for blood, actually I know, thanks to all my friends who text me wanting to know what the heck happened but the fact is where MC got MCHS and LA at home in close games, Rita got LA and MCHS on the road in close games. I don’t see how being angry at the schedule helps. All the pieces are there to make the playoffs, so go make the playoffs.
This Rita program is on the up. If they make it this year, they will be a tough out in the PO’s. Next couple of years - look out!

This Rita program is on the up. If they make it this year, they will be a tough out in the PO’s. Next couple of years - look out!
That’s really the key is somehow finding 5. I don’t see how over reacting to a record that 95% of the programs in the state would have vs the blender of a schedule they had to start helps anything. Now if this was the 5th loss of the season and it came in this fashion, I think the groans could get louder which could cause the drama our friends at other schools would enjoy.

And, please, that last sentence is not for @McCaravan . He is straight up a knowledgeable, down-to-earth poster. It’s meant for the others that are drooling for Rita’s 5th loss this season bc they know how dangerous this team would be in week 10. Let’s hope this St. Rita team doesn’t give them their wish.

Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50
The interceptions Rita threw in 2nd half were killers. Lead to quick Montini scores, momentum swung and never came back

The interceptions Rita threw in 2nd half were killers. Lead to quick Montini scores, momentum swung and never came back
Did you get a good look at the first one, was it tipped or did it just slip out? The second one was just like a long punt. I’d like to see them really pass a lot next week and work a bunch of horizontal routes in there.

I did not see but I didnt hear anyone mention tip. 2nd guess was like a punt but when that wasnt the intention not ideal for the mindset of the qb or team.

Reactions: RockSoup
It's all about how you guys do in 2 weeks when you go to Provy. You win down there you're in the playoffs. You don't win that one it's gonna be tough to get 5 Ws. You beat Provy and I think you'll get your 5-4 (Notre Dame is pretty special this year - they've beaten 3 good teams on the road already this year)

Reactions: Gene K.
What is the “x 2” for when it comes to Montini? I understand the 1.65
I’m amazed at some of the ignorance about all this on display here.

X2 applies to every single-sex school for purposes of determining enrollment.

X1.65 applies to every private (non-boundaried) school

On top of that, Success Factor moves you up a class up from where your multiplied enrollment places you all for achieving trophies in the last two years. Only applies where applicable.

Never mind that the players that brought you that success have most likely graduated. Another topic for another day.

Enrollment is based on last two years NOT the current year (which is yet another private school nut punch in a decreasing enrollment overall landscape). Nothing like socking the private’s right in their privates

So maybe someone can point to any ignorance of mine because as far as I can tell Rita gets both a X2 and a X1.65 to calculate their enrollment. Is their actual enrollment only around 300-350?

I’m amazed at some of the ignorance about all this on display here.

X2 applies to every single-sex school for purposes of determining enrollment.

X1.65 applies to every private (non-boundaried) school

On top of that, Success Factor moves you up a class up from where your multiplied enrollment places you all for achieving trophies in the last two years. Only applies where applicable.

Never mind that the players that brought you that success have most likely graduated. Another topic for another day.

Enrollment is based on last two years NOT the current year (which is yet another private school nut punch in a decreasing enrollment overall landscape). Nothing like socking the private’s right in their privates

So maybe someone can point to any ignorance of mine because as far as I can tell Rita gets both a X2 and a X1.65 to calculate their enrollment. Is their actual enrollment only around 300-350?
It’s a little complicated but I’ll try to make it quick so I can get to church on time.

In 2015, some private schools (and non-boundaried public schools) asked the IHSA if they would consider not lumping all non-boundaried schools into the same group. Not all non-boundaried schools are successful. So the IHSA agreed to the multiplier waiver.

I’ll attach the link. Where people miss it is that not every non-boundaried school gets multiplied at all like the 1.65 across the board in the past.

So there is a 1.65 multiplier applied for a floor of success. But if you are very successful you will be subject to a bump up in class. No formula just if you were in 3 championship games in last 4 years, up you go, that part is called the success factor.

So in short non-boundaries can be classified by 3 ways since 2015:

1) Not a good recent history, no bump, no penalty, play your enrollment via this 2015 waiver procedure. SR still gets the x2 for enrollment due to all-boy school. WAIVER

2) a modicum of success in recent history (not going to write the IHSA’s definition of that) multiplies your enrollment by 1.65. MULTIPLIER

3) super success (not going to write the IHSA def of that) doesn’t multiply you anymore it just straight up re-classes you. This is the success factor SUCCESS FACTOR

SRs enrollment is around 530-580.

If I got anything wrong ADs and admins and coaches, please correct me. Happy Sunday! Church and Football. Life is good.

https://www.ihsa.org/Schools/EnrollmentsClassifications/TwoYearCycleEnrollmentsandClassifications.aspx?url=/data/school/2019-21 cycle/waivers-fall.htm

Last edited:
This is worse than trying to figure out my federal taxes.

Go back to 6 classes, 1.65 multiplier for all privates, x2 for all male schools, no success factor, 1-32 true seeding for playoffs/no north and south and let's play football and flush the fuzzy math down the toilet.

This is worse than trying to figure out my federal taxes.

Go back to 6 classes, 1.65 multiplier for all privates, x2 for all male schools, no success factor, 1-32 true seeding for playoffs/no north and south and let's play football and flush the fuzzy math down the toilet.
Agreed but would rephrase multiply privates to multiply open border schools.

Why they were throwing the ball up by three scores and with those running backs is beyond my comprehension, but I don’t coach football. Just seemed a question.

It’s a little complicated but I’ll try to make it quick so I can get to church on time.

In 2015, some private schools (and non-boundaried public schools) asked the IHSA if they would consider not lumping all non-boundaried schools into the same group. Not all non-boundaried schools are successful. So the IHSA agreed to the multiplier waiver.

I’ll attach the link. Where people miss it is that not every non-boundaried school gets multiplied at all like the 1.65 across the board in the past.

So there is a 1.65 multiplier applied for a floor of success. But if you are very successful you will be subject to a bump up in class. No formula just if you were in 3 championship games in last 4 years, up you go, that part is called the success factor.

So in short non-boundaries can be classified by 3 ways since 2015:

1) Not a good recent history, no bump, no penalty, play your enrollment via this 2015 waiver procedure. SR still gets the x2 for enrollment due to all-boy school. WAIVER

2) a modicum of success in recent history (not going to write the IHSA’s definition of that) multiplies your enrollment by 1.65. MULTIPLIER

3) super success (not going to write the IHSA def of that) doesn’t multiply you anymore it just straight up re-classes you. This is the success factor SUCCESS FACTOR

SRs enrollment is around 530-580.

If I got anything wrong ADs and admins and coaches, please correct me. Happy Sunday! Church and Football. Life is good.

https://www.ihsa.org/Schools/EnrollmentsClassifications/TwoYearCycleEnrollmentsandClassifications.aspx?url=/data/school/2019-21 cycle/waivers-fall.htm
So Montini with their reported 650 and actual 515ish enrollment (of which only low 200’s are male) ends up in the same class as a school which also recruits for football with over 500 males with which to field a team.

Seems fair.

Why they were throwing the ball up by three scores and with those running backs is beyond my comprehension, but I don’t coach football. Just seemed a question.
The incomplete passes they fell to the turf in the second half were also a big problem. They could not sustain a drive in the second half. This week they need to work on possession passing not just going for the home run. No punts and no turnovers in first half. No matter if kb is one of the best backs in the state. You still have to balance the offense. Exacussion in the remainder of the games will determine a playoff berth.

For the catholic league it wasnt just size and success. Some was trying to match lower levels, having a fresh and soph team as opposed to jv.
Just like Carmel should have fought to stay in the blue, Naz should have pushed to move up to least the green.

The incomplete passes they fell to the turf in the second half were also a big problem. They could not sustain a drive in the second half. This week they need to work on possession passing not just going for the home run. No punts and no turnovers in first half. No matter if kb is one of the best backs in the state. You still have to balance the offense. Exacussion in the remainder of the games will determine a playoff berth.
I usually don't make fun of spelling errors because I am guilty of my share, but where you trying to spell Execution? :)

For the catholic league it wasnt just size and success. Some was trying to match lower levels, having a fresh and soph team as opposed to jv.
Just like Carmel should have fought to stay in the blue, Naz should have pushed to move up to least the green.
While I agree that MC should’ve stayed in the Blue, I think it was only a matter of time before the 3 divisions were blown up. Lenti, Holecek and Badke were quoted in a piece by Mike Clark about wanting to blow it up, Badke mentioning going back to the old North/South divisions. And Kuska said something similar on a podcast with Matt Harness I believe. I think that’s why they did six 4 team divisions this year. If you go 0-3 in division you still have a playoff hope. If they ever go to four 6 team divisions, I don’t expect to see a gauntlet division like the old Blue was. I think the traditional powers would be dispersed evenly around all 4 divisions.

They seem to be doing ok in the class they are in
Yeah you’ve missed the point. It’s not about whether they’re doing ok or not doing ok, it was about a system which allows for that to happen. JCA does ok vs. many 7A teams, does that mean they should be there? Some people only hear their own doorbell.

Yeah you’ve missed the point. It’s not about whether they’re doing ok or not doing ok, it was about a system which allows for that to happen. JCA does ok vs. many 7A teams, does that mean they should be there? Some people only hear their own doorbell.
Which class do you think Montini should be competing in?

Does a public school like Richard's that buses in get multiplied? Knowing the make up of the area and seeing how Oak Lawn is usually bad and Richard's is good, the kids bused in have to hugely benefit the football team.

There are people who do believe that JCA as well as Montini should be in 7A. I donit know if I am in that camp right now, but JCA definitely does not belong in a class lower than 5A, nor does Montini. The system that allows this to happen is one that is trying to make competitive classes. I am not sure what your complaint is. As asked earlier, what class do you think Montini should be in? And I have no idea what your doorbell comment means.

So Montini with their reported 650 and actual 515ish enrollment (of which only low 200’s are male) ends up in the same class as a school which also recruits for football with over 500 males with which to field a team.

Seems fair.
What about the public school that has 840 or so students and is in the same class as the public school with 1200 students? Is that ok? Every class has a smallest school and a largest school as far as enrollment numbers and the difference is often much larger than the difference between male students at Montini & SR. What system would you employ?

All I can say to all of my public school friends is....practice,practice,practice,then after years of good ,long ,success filled seasons ,you may possibly be multiplied.

Does a public school like Richard's that buses in get multiplied? Knowing the make up of the area and seeing how Oak Lawn is usually bad and Richard's is good, the kids bused in have to hugely benefit the football team.

bhwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahah,
buses in, from their district lines. not a 30mile radius.
now the reasoning for the big disparity in the schools and districts surrounding is the fact that if your school is good, they want to play for you, not the others.
so in laymen terms, people will move into your district instead of one of the surrounding. make sense??
and the public school swing is usually 2-3yrs vs the private which is 4-5yrs.
with recruiting your schools success every school needs to try to keep the kids in place. public schools will see a good majority of 8th graders go to a private school.(unless the alternative public is good) now the privates will see a dip in success in that 4-5yrs window. but again, the better private schools usually do not see that dip in success as major.
rita has a very good name for itself, however, the success of marist and brother rice in recent years has put a damper on ritas last few years. as you can see that mc nor Loyola have dipped. same is what has gone on at jca/pc somewhat, if the kids see an alternative public doing well, they do not necessarily need to go the private school(less costs).

Richards has never bused in from anywhere and gotten football players out of it? Every year athletes are moving into Oak Lawn to play for Richards?
I guess it could be, happens with bball. Mopo and Simeon are stacked every year but Julian in the middle never seem to have any good bball players in their boundries.

Richards has never bused in from anywhere and gotten football players out of it? Every year athletes are moving into Oak Lawn to play for Richards?
I guess it could be, happens with bball. Mopo and Simeon are stacked every year but Julian in the middle never seem to have any good bball players in their boundries.
IHSA has taken over ruling on CPS transfers?

The majority of Richards students come from suburbs other than Oak Lawn. That is just where the school is located.

There are people who do believe that JCA as well as Montini should be in 7A. I donit know if I am in that camp right now, but JCA definitely does not belong in a class lower than 5A, nor does Montini. The system that allows this to happen is one that is trying to make competitive classes. I am not sure what your complaint is. As asked earlier, what class do you think Montini should be in? And I have no idea what your doorbell comment means.
Your mind seems intent on looking at this from one direction only. Let me try to help. This isn’t about what class Montini or JCA should be in. How does the system that determines their class allow Rita to be in 5A?

I was never aware that the 1.65 multiplier could be waived. And in no instance should it be IMO.

We will hurt you if you’re good and we will help you if you’re not good is not a fair way of creating classes.

So who exactly can have their X1.65 waived? When does it turn back on?

IHSA. I Hate Secular Associations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT