ADVERTISEMENT

SR troubles again

Rita can lose 2 more and make the playoffs and one of those will be the Loyola game. So that means they can lose one more only out of DLS, Providence, Montini, Rice & Laurence. Hope they can figure it out this week.

Heard a lot of people are upset with the AD for not waiting it out Friday night. Even the Richards QB said in the article that he was thankful for the game being continued so he had an extra night to prepare himself.

Rita can lose 2 more and make the playoffs and one of those will be the Loyola game. So that means they can lose one more only out of DLS, Providence, Montini, Rice & Laurence. Hope they can figure it out this week.
I’m thinking LA and BR are L’s, STL is a W, they’re too young. PC and Montini are hard to tell because they haven’t been tested. They should beat DLS, they’ve yet to be tested either, but I was at that game they beat MC last year and a few key players for De are back, it’s going to be competitive. If JCA beat or at least hung with IC I wouldn’t be worried if I was a SR fan, but with them losing so badly and then getting shutout. I’d be nervous. I say 4-5 for SR this year and honestly hope I’m wrong because I have much respect for them

Reactions: Bowie50
They did?????? JCA just lost 42-0 They are not a good team.
True point however JCA got crushed by a great team in ICCP. I wouldn’t let that IC game fool anyone just yet regarding JCA. Let’s see how they fare with the brutal ESCC games forthcoming.

Heard a lot of people are upset with the AD for not waiting it out Friday night. Even the Richards QB said in the article that he was thankful for the game being continued so he had an extra night to prepare himself.

That is foolish thinking. It's an equal advantage/disadvantage.
If Richards had an extra night to prepare, so did Rita.

Reactions: jobou127
Rita is missing their DBs & LBs from last year, #3 has stepped up but they do not have that intensity of last years squad.They dont have the play makers on offense. They dont have that go to guy like they had in Childers and Zylman. Last year QB had a couple options at receiver, this year it looks like 1 option.

They are in trouble this year, I only see 2 wins, if they keep playing like they did vs Richards.

They have more offensive weapons according to preseason hype including the same receivers as last year.

They have more offensive weapons according to preseason hype including the same receivers as last year.
They don’t have Gleaves or Selke. Childers was a big receiver out of the backfield. They’re also starting a guy at OT that was a backup linebacker at MC last season and has never played O-line, meaning they must be light on linemen

Reactions: big2522dawg

They dont have the same receivers. The only one from last year is Stefanski, and he looked a little timid against Richards. Their O line is not as strong, that could be part of the reason.

I'm a Rita fan, but I'm also a realist! They are not that good this year, the chemistry, leadership and intensity are not there, kind of remind me of Rice last year.

They dont have the same receivers. The only one from last year is Stefanski, and he looked a little timid against Richards. Their O line is not as strong, that could be part of the reason.

I'm a Rita fan, but I'm also a realist! They are not that good this year, the chemistry, leadership and intensity are not there, kind of remind me of Rice last year.

May be a power running game they're lacking. To be honest it didnt matter who was at reciever as long as they could catch a wide open 7 yard slant or swing from the box being loaded. Lots of Jrs last year who returned

I find it interesting that SR went from “going to have a strong year” to “this team is not that good”. How much of their current weak start is on Kuska?

I find it interesting that SR went from “going to have a strong year” to “this team is not that good”. How much of their current weak start is on Kuska?
Offensive struggles, plays look basic and similar to previous years when talent may not match ( blocking, QB being pass 1st)

I think this is a case where early years/ lower level results are showing up. Four years ago was about the time that Rita really struggled with both numbers and results.

I think lower level success is indicative of future success but lower level failing can result in future failing.

Especially now with sophs up routinely (MC has 7 up not including kicker) and now even frosh up and starting is not an anamoly. Lower levels u can read into what u want I guess.

Can't really blame the Defense only giving up 2 scores to Richards last week with the offense struggling ...

rita has a number of Frosh up on the sophs. Problem with that is that the Frosh have some talent but look totally outa sorts! I am not sure Kuska has a real strong lower level coaching staff which leads to development.

Lets worry about post game brown bag lunches for the kids and if the parents are cheering rather than prepping your team to WIN!!!

FOCUS!!!.

rita has a number of Frosh up on the sophs. Problem with that is that the Frosh have some talent but look totally outa sorts! I am not sure Kuska has a real strong lower level coaching staff which leads to development.

Lets worry about post game brown bag lunches for the kids and if the parents are cheering rather than prepping your team to WIN!!!

FOCUS!!!.

I didn't mean to call out the senior class but when they were freshman I thought they were down in numbers and athletes and I think that is showing through. Most freshman programs in all sports are rough especially football, Rita is no different. Most coaches that have time, can teach and work are on varsity level.

I also think more teams sophs are working with the varsity and as such frosh are moved up not to play but to get the varsity coaching. When the CCL teams had 75 varsity and 100 frosh players per squad this did not happen. Now with 45 varsity and 25 sophs per squad, its easier to move kids up and get the coaching at the higher level and move them around.

I didn't mean to call out the senior class but when they were freshman I thought they were down in numbers and athletes and I think that is showing through. Most freshman programs in all sports are rough especially football, Rita is no different. Most coaches that have time, can teach and work are on varsity level.

I also think more teams sophs are working with the varsity and as such frosh are moved up not to play but to get the varsity coaching. When the CCL teams had 75 varsity and 100 frosh players per squad this did not happen. Now with 45 varsity and 25 sophs per squad, its easier to move kids up and get the coaching at the higher level and move them around.

move them up? but what about the quality of instruction and reps... its @$$ backwards. Think about it larger classes in school less individual instruction. Smaller classes more instruction and more quality instruction one would think.

lets practice everyone together so our varsity coaches coach everyone.
Its a recipe for disaster all because Varsity coaches dont trust their lower level coaches.

A hall of famer i know well used to brag that he had the best lower level coaches around. It made the varsity coaches job that much easier.

what do i know? i am on a message board

move them up? but what about the quality of instruction and reps... its @$$ backwards. Think about it larger classes in school less individual instruction. Smaller classes more instruction and more quality instruction one would think.

lets practice everyone together so our varsity coaches coach everyone.
Its a recipe for disaster all because Varsity coaches dont trust their lower level coaches.

A hall of famer i know well used to brag that he had the best lower level coaches around. It made the varsity coaches job that much easier.

what do i know? i am on a message board
SR was 8-1 with both lower levels last year if I remember right.

Have friend who helps coach at DSL. Says SR sphomores are very good. Said SR varsity is small in size. SR pace of play wore out DSL linemen. Too many holding calls. SR senior class only so so. Will be very tough next three years. Disappoined they let them get away this year. 7 players on offense are bigger than anyone SR starts on D

SR was 8-1 with both lower levels last year if I remember right.

Have friend who helps coach at DSL. Says SR sphomores are very good. Said SR varsity is small in size. SR pace of play wore out DSL linemen. Too many holding calls. SR senior class only so so. Will be very tough next three years. Disappoined they let them get away this year. 7 players on offense are bigger than anyone SR starts on D

Lower level results are no longer a good indicator for future varsity performance. More sophs now play on the varsity (and more frosh now play with the soph) bc of lower numbers in the program.

SR is just too small this year, and next year will not be any better.

Great effort by Rita last nite though

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT