ADVERTISEMENT

Springfield 2022 QB Rashad Rochelle adds a Purdue offer

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Springfield (Ill.) junior dual threat quarterback recruit Rashad Rochelle (6-foot-1, 175 pounds) has been known as "The Train" since becoming a standout signal caller for the Senators, so it only makes sense that Rochelle would add his first Power 5 offer today from the Purdue Boilermakers. Rochelle discusses his thoughts on his latest offer from Purdue and more here.

"Purdue has been staying in contact so (the offer from Purdue) it wasn't a huge surprise," Rochelle said. "I'm just very thankful to get my first Power 5 offer from Purdue."

Rochelle filled us in his initial impressions of the Purdue Boilermakers.

"I still need to do more research on Purdue to be honest. I do know that they offer great academics and that they also play in the Big Ten and have great tradition. Purdue has offered me as an athlete recruit for them and I'm totally fine with it. They like my athleticism and maybe I can come in and become the next Rondell Moore for them if that end up being my role on the team. I haven't been able to visit Purdue in person yet but once we are allowed to make on campus visits again I'll make sure to go see them in person."

Rochelle, who will begin his junior year of high school on August 31st via remote learning recapped his latest recruiting news.

"I'm still in contact with the coaches from Illinois, Baylor along with Miami of Ohio along with Florida State and the schools who have already offered me."

Has not having a football season this fall (which was set to begin this Friday in Illinois) begun to hit Rochelle?

"It started to hit me last weekend when I was able to see games being played all over the place. Everyone is just working and trying to stay positive and get ready for the spring. We will have 20 contact days coming up in September with the team and I'm looking forward to just getting back to work with the guys."

Rochelle is also adjusting his workout plan for this coming fall.

"I really want to get back in the weight room and put on another 10-15 pounds of muscle before the spring season. I want to be able to just become an even better player and athlete with this extra time now."

Rashad Rochelle has scholarship offers from Purdue, Illinois State, Eastern Illinois, Western Illinois and Central Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News