ADVERTISEMENT

So who will be the biggest surprise teams in 2017?

An obvious team to look at is JC coming off a 1-8 season.. Would not be shocked if they got to or won 5A final. Tons of sophs started and garnered playing time. New coach. Plus it looks like Naz is 6A (who knows I gave up trying to figure out the SF) so with them, Montini, SHG all 6A I will say them.

Reactions: USD24
An obvious team to look at is JC coming off a 1-8 season.. Would not be shocked if they got to or won 5A final. Tons of sophs started and garnered playing time. New coach. Plus it looks like Naz is 6A (who knows I gave up trying to figure out the SF) so with them, Montini, SHG all 6A I will say them.

Do you think Peoria will fall off? I thought they had a lot returning.

On the upside - Montini? They played a bunch of young guys last year with an absolutely brutal schedule.

On the downside - I'm worried about NV. They graduated something like 18 starters and their Soph class didn't light the world on fire. I think they could be in real danger of not making the playoffs,... but it's early and I could be wrong.

Reactions: Gene K.
On the upside - Montini? They played a bunch of young guys last year with an absolutely brutal schedule.

On the downside - I'm worried about NV. They graduated something like 18 starters and their Soph class didn't light the world on fire. I think they could be in real danger of not making the playoffs,... but it's early and I could be wrong.

Montini? They are the farthest team from being a surprise. Everyone knows they will compete for a title. The only surprise in Lombard would be if the Broncos somehow missed the playoffs.

Montini? They are the farthest team from being a surprise. Everyone knows they will compete for a title. The only surprise in Lombard would be if the Broncos somehow missed the playoffs.

Well I guess it depends on how you look at it. Didn't they go 6-3 and lost in 2nd round to PR in 2016. They lost their top WR, top Lineman and their RB (who was injured most of year). One could surmise another "mediocre" year via montini standards based on that info but I think their record will be much better and they will go far deeper in 2017.

Bones alert Bones alert.....loading up the sandbags and it's still February...

Hey I'm the guy that said a kid should have a one time transfer for any reason to any school, and have stuck by that statement for years. My point about the transfer was not to say kids shouldn't, it was meant to poke a little fun at the losses that The State as well as Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio, etc have all had to IMG over the past few years.

Lighten up Francis, just fount it ironic you'd kid around with people about transferring.

Hey I'm the guy that said a kid should have a one time transfer for any reason to any school, and have stuck by that statement for years. My point about the transfer was not to say kids shouldn't, it was meant to poke a little fun at the losses that The State as well as Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio, etc have all had to IMG over the past few years.
Even top notch CA and TX programs are losing kids to IMG, it's an epidemic.

Nope but IMG isn't like too many teams.

The thing Frank does that makes him so successful is he keeps other teams off the field. I am sure IMG would beat them but the game would be manageable. Frank is fine, get 3 yards a pop and just move the ball. He understands all you need is more points at the end ofthe game. I would love to see a time of possession stat on MC.

They are also not built to stop the run. Typically struggle with running team. More of a spread type of environment.
Lol have you seen them play? Have you seen their front 7. They go undefeated against strongest schedule in the country. Some teams have success running the ball on them (completely different team last year) but those are top National teams. MC didn't make the playoffs in Illinois.

Reactions: Relist8
Love him or hate him @jwarigaku has some perspective being outside of Illinois. Illinois football is solid but IMG is in another galaxy.

Lol have you seen them play? Have you seen their front 7. They go undefeated against strongest schedule in the country. Some teams have success running the ball on them (completely different team last year) but those are top National teams. MC didn't make the playoffs in Illinois.

Yes I have. The last game of the season that beat Bishop Sullivan 16-6. Bishop Sullivan was 7-3 last year however the feature one of the top RB in the country.

IMG has become a factory. Whilst they dress in uniforms and resemble a traditional team, they are anything but. Just take a look at this list of their 2017 commits:
Football

• Jordan Anthony – University of Michigan
  • Jhamon Ausbon* – Texas A&M University
  • Broc Bando* – University of Nebraska
  • Jack Camper* – Michigan State University
  • John-Marcus Carruthers* – Baylor University
  • Robert Congel* – Texas A&M University
  • Grant Delpit* – Louisiana State University
  • Thomas Fletcher* – University of Alabama
  • Emmanuel Greene* – University of Central Florida
  • Robert Hainsey* – University of Notre Dame
  • KJ Hamler* – Penn State University
  • Elvis Hines, Jr.* – Kent State University
  • Josh Kaindoh* – Florida State University
  • Tre McKitty* – Florida State University
  • Kellen Mond* – Texas A&M University
  • Dylan Moses* – University of Alabama
  • Isaiah Pryor* – Ohio State University
  • Cesar Ruiz* – University of Michigan
  • Dante Sparaco* – University of Colorado
  • Elijah Watson* – Miami University (Ohio)
  • Marcus Williamson* – Ohio State University

Here is IMG's defense so far for 2017 season. Please note it's not even half way through transfer season for them. I only listed the kids with power 5 offers as of now. (Also note one of IL's top linebackers that transferred there isn't on list)

IMG D
DE Xavier Thomas 6'3" 255 #3 player in country
DT Taron Vincent 6'4" 285 #5 player in country
DT Verdis Brown 6'4" 290 #150 player in country
DE Stephon Wynn 6'5" 250 #76 player in country

DT TK Chimedza 6'2" 265 3*
DT Josh Walker 6'2" 285 3*
DT Kingston Harris 6'4" 260
DE/OLB Nolan Smith 6'2" 210 *2019 Georgia commit

LB Mike Jones 6'1" 210 #247 player in country Clemson commit
LB Cameron Thomas 6'0" 216 *2019

CB Houston Griffith 6'0" 185 #37 player in country (played garbage time as JR)
CB Brenden Radley-Hines 5'10" 175 #40 player in country
CB Alondras Strong 5'11" 160
S Trey Sanders 6'1" 210 *2019 Bama commit

They'll have no problem stopping MC's offense.

Here is IMG's defense so far for 2017 season. Please note it's not even half way through transfer season for them. I only listed the kids with power 5 offers as of now. (Also note one of IL's top linebackers that transferred there isn't on list)

IMG D
DE Xavier Thomas 6'3" 255 #3 player in country
DT Taron Vincent 6'4" 285 #5 player in country
DT Verdis Brown 6'4" 290 #150 player in country
DE Stephon Wynn 6'5" 250 #76 player in country

DT TK Chimedza 6'2" 265 3*
DT Josh Walker 6'2" 285 3*
DT Kingston Harris 6'4" 260
DE/OLB Nolan Smith 6'2" 210 *2019 Georgia commit

LB Mike Jones 6'1" 210 #247 player in country Clemson commit
LB Cameron Thomas 6'0" 216 *2019

CB Houston Griffith 6'0" 185 #37 player in country (played garbage time as JR)
CB Brenden Radley-Hines 5'10" 175 #40 player in country
CB Alondras Strong 5'11" 160
S Trey Sanders 6'1" 210 *2019 Bama commit

They'll have no problem stopping MC's offense.

You so believe in recruiting rankings I see. They had all that and only beat a 7-3 team 16-6. Sounds unbeatable and unstoppable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT