ADVERTISEMENT

So which 3-3 teams can break out? Part 1

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Just wanted to do a deeper dive into the multiple teams and 3-3 right now along with which of those 3-2 teams have a chance at breaking into the playoffs.

Champaign Centennial- taking on Peoria Manuel, NCHS and Champaign Central is a decent path minus one game (NCHS). I can see the Chargers getting to 5 wins. .

Montini Catholic- Marist/Naz/JCA are the remaining games for Montini. Getting to 5 will be a struggle but can end up being a 4 team at large team with points.

Providence Catholic- Loyola/St Rita/St. Laurence remain. The Celtics need one win and like Montini could also be a 4 win at large team.

St. Laurence- MC/NND/Provi- Almost needs to get to 5 wins and I see a path for the Vikes. 4 wins and they could be a borderline team at large.

St. Viator- St. Ignatius/MC/St. Patrick- Again the Lions pretty much would prefer 5 wins here but I can a shot as a 4 win at large team. Week 9 looks to be the best chance to get 4

Marian Central Catholic- St. Rita/Fenwick/DePaul- In my eyes the Canes need 5 and I don';t see it here. How costly was the Provi and St Pats losses?

Marmion Academy- Carmel/Leo/DeLaSalle- I can see the Cadets getting 6 here to be honest, but 5 will also do. The hardest part of the schedule has passed.

Decatur MacArthur- SHG/Springfield/Jacksonville. A sneaky 3-3 team here includes two COVID pauses. Games with Springfield and Jacksonville are keys yet the Generals have the athletes to also test SHG....maybe. Mac no question needs to get to 5.

Jacksonville- Springfield/Ike/MacArthur- Also the Crimsons need to get to 5 and Week 9 vs Mac looms large here.

Morgan Park- Simeon/Hubbard/CPL Round 1- Huge game with Simeon this week no question. Can still get to 5 wins with a Hubbard and Round 1 win.

Simeon- MP/Kenwood/CPL Round 1- A much tougher path for the Wolverines here. Need a win this week vs MP then a win either against Kenwood and/or CPL Round 1. Both MP and Simeon can get to 5-4.

Wheaton South- Wheaton North/Lake Park/Glenbard North- very tough path here to 5 but even 4 wins and point could be enough for the Tigers.

St. Charles North- STCE/Glenbard North/Batavia- Another scenario where 5 is fine but 4 wins could also get the North Stars in.

Naperville North- Metea Valley/WV/DVC Playoffs- The Huskies win over NC was huge and they look to be in good spot to get 5 wins before the DVC Week 9 playoffs, yet the Huskies have been up an down all year so...

Metea Valley- NN/NC/DVC Playoffs- Honestly it's just awesome to see MV with a .500 record after 6 weeks. 5 wins will be a major challenge here but if this year has taught us anything...never say never.

Naperville Central- DeKalb/MV/DVCPlayoffs- The loss to NN was big, but all is still good with NC heading into the DVC playoffs taking on DeKalb and MV.

Crystal Lake South- McHenry/PR/Huntley- The Gators have a shot at 5 wins here, but the locked FVC will no question hurt them if they can get to 4 wins only here.

Kaneland- Rochelle/Ottawa/LaSalle Peru- Again nothing will come easily here for the Knights and they can also be a question mark as a 4 win team at large possibility.

Woodstock- LP/Sycamore/Woodstock North- The Streaks will need 5 wins to quality and Weeks 7 and 8 are no joke here.

Marengo- Plano/Sandwich/RB- Again the Indians will need 5 to qualify and a win over Plano and Sandwich seems to be the most realistic path in my mind.

Bishop McNamara- St. Francis/ICCP/Riverside-Brookfield- No one wants to see HOF Rich Zinnani not make the IHSA state playoff field in his final season...yet unless the Irish get a win over St Francis and/or ICCP and then RB in Week 9....4 wins won't get it done.

St. Edward- Wheaton Academy/Aurora Christian/Elmwood Park- The Green Wave are incredibly low on points and must get to 5 wins here. Elmwood Park in Week 9 is a possibility but can they beat either WA and or Aurora Christian?

Dunlap- Limestone/Canton/Morton- The Eagles have been up and down all season but they have a real shot at 6 wins here. Morton will be a challenge in Week 9, but Dunlap has a few quality wins already here this fall. Also Dunlap must get to 5 wins.

Rolling Meadows-Buffalo Grove/Elk Grove/Prospect- Meadows is easily a dangerous 3-3 team and they also look to be a 4 win at large candidate. The Mustangs will be in all three games here and don't overlook the rivalry factor in Week 9 against Prospect....they both don't like each others FYI.

Palatine- Barrington/Fremd/Hoffman Estates- The Pirates have been up and down all season, have been dealing with any number of issues.injuries etc, This week against Barrington is HUGE...and Week 8 and Week 9 are also big games as well. I don't see the Pirates getting in with 4 wins here.

Barrington- Palatine/Conant/Fremd- See above....yet the Broncos still have a solid shot of getting in but Conant has already shown they as capable as anyone here. Again I don't see Barrington getting in with 4 wins.

Conant- Hoffman Estates/Barrington- Yikes this Mid Suburban West is crazy...and likr the other two here at 3-3 goos luck trying to figure out which team gets to 5 wins.

Mundelein- Warren/Lake Forest/Zion-Benton- Can the Mustangs pull off a win over WTHS or Lake Forest? I don't see the Stangs getting in as a 4 win team qualifier and if they pull of an upset here....what a great way to keep this impressive season going.

Lake Zurich- Lake Forest/Stevenson/Waukegan- Da Bears on the surface look to have a better shot at 5 wins, but all I know is Stevenson has always been a rivalry game for LZ and I can't imagine the Patriots not playing that Week 8 game as it's own Super Bowl.

Reactions: rocketnation
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News