ADVERTISEMENT

So if this IHSA Football lockout ends tomorrow....

I enjoy these discussions because it keeps that glimmer of light lit that their may still be a fall season but barring a miracle it’s just not gonna happen. We waited to long to put on the pressure and make our voices public. We just accepted what they gave us and convinced ourselves that their was no way a season could happen with all that we were fed and I’m gulity of buying into that as well. Many of these players lives are going to be permanently effected by this in one way or another for the rest of their lives and to them I apologize that we as parents and fans did not do more from the get go. I pray it all works out for them and Colleges take notice of the large pool of talented players we have in Illinois and give them their shot.
Agreed, although I have been calling all summer. I'm trying to get winter sports parents to start speaking up now and it's all crickets.

Reactions: McCaravan
Whats the difference between March and November?
I would think that if teams have been doing contact days they could be ready to play a game in 2 weeks, no?

The teams not doing contact days are they doing anything? If they are at least doing some fball activity I think they could pad up and be in ready in two weeks.
Contact days are not normal practices we had in the past. They are like summer camp with no physical contact between players.
I did not see it ... but I was told an 8A NW suburban team is practicing. Legal?
Define practicing...

I enjoy these discussions because it keeps that glimmer of light lit that there may still be a fall season but barring a miracle it’s just not gonna happen. We waited too long to put on the pressure and make our voices public. We just accepted what they gave us and convinced ourselves that there was no way a season could happen with all that we were fed and I’m gulity of buying into that as well. Many of these players lives are going to be permanently effected by this in one way or another for the rest of their lives and to them I apologize that we as parents and fans did not do more from the get go. I pray it all works out for them and Colleges take notice of the large pool of talented players we have in Illinois and give them their shot.

More didn't happen because most didn't believe as you mentioned. There are still a lot more who don't believe as of today. Fear is super strong and it explains why Illinois is the way it is. It seems as if the only people who aren't afraid in Illinois are the criminals. Everyone else operate in fear. Working in the medical field, I said months ago on this board that football can and will be played. Now we have 7 weeks of proof. Sad situation for kids. Very sad.

Last edited:
Food for thought... play five games this fall. Play 4 games in spring and the full round of playoff games and call it the Pritzker Bowl.

Reactions: Gene K.
Practicing how? Full contact?
It is all over the board, my son's varsity is not even wearing shells because his head coach has the right idea of what's the point right now if no contact is allowed. But I drive by the public school we lice in and they are all in helmets and shoulder pads running drills. IHSA needs to come out with guidance. So everyone is on the same step if and when football is allowed by JB

Food for thought... play five games this fall. Play 4 games in spring and the full round of playoff games and call it the Pritzker Bowl.
F that I don't want his name associated with high school football ever again. He need to go now, no way he gets reelected if Cook county realizes all the 2 and 3 star recruits that lose out on scholarship money, with everyone else in the country playing. Really this dude should be recalled

Hits keep on coming. Maryland reverses decision and will allow fall sports. Schools can still choose to wait until spring to hold competitions if they want.

It is all over the board, my son's varsity is not even wearing shells because his head coach has the right idea of what's the point right now if no contact is allowed. But I drive by the public school we lice in and they are all in helmets and shoulder pads running drills. IHSA needs to come out with guidance. So everyone is on the same step if and when football is allowed by JB
Wouldn't you rather have local control. One coach favors physical health and recovery another coach favors more physical reps. Who's to say which one is right or wrong. Why does that need to be legislated?

Drove by Williams Bay (WI) HS just about 15 minutes over the IL border west of Lake Geneva and the Friday Night Lights were on for play tonight. Just 16 miles away at Alden-Hebron HS (8-man) and 21 miles away at Richmond-Burton HS (11-man) ... crickets. What a damn shame!

....do The current schedules stick beginning the schedule with whatever week games listed on the calendar?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT