ADVERTISEMENT

Sandburg 30 LWE 27 FINAL

Just curious…did Pat Fitzgerald play last night?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RockSoup
Sandburg is now 2-4 with the losses coming to teams with a combined record of 21-3 after last night (1 undefeated and the other 3 at 5-1). If they can get to 5-4, the playoff points should be good. Biggest upcoming obstacle is Week 8 against H-F.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Congratulations to Sandburg!
I have been saying all season if your going to beat East this is the year. Very young team.
Next year will be a different story East will be loaded with a ton of returning starters.
East will be in the playoffs this year and they are still very dangerous but they are not the same team we expect from the Griffins.
A lot of parity this year in 8A. The State Championship is up for grabs. I don’t see any team that is a clear lock. LA is the favorite but even they are beatable. Should be fun as the season moves along. Congrats again to all those Eagle fans. This game might be the biggest upset along with Iggy/MC last week. This game is certainly in the running. Even Feeto didn’t see this one coming. 😂

Congratulations to Sandburg!
I have been saying all season if your going to beat East this is the year. Very young team.
Next year will be a different story East will be loaded with a ton of returning starters.
East will be in the playoffs this year and they are still very dangerous but they are not the same team we expect from the Griffins.
A lot of parity this year in 8A. The State Championship is up for grabs. I don’t see any team that is a clear lock. LA is the favorite but even they are beatable. Should be fun as the season moves along. Congrats again to all those Eagle fans. This game might be the biggest upset along with Iggy/MC last week. This game is certainly in the running. Even Feeto didn’t see this one coming. 😂
IMO, this is a much bigger upset. LWE was one of the top ranked teams in 8A . Sandburg came in at 1-4 and were pretty much blown out in all 4 losses. MC's loss, on the other hand, was to an Iggy team that is undefeated and might be the best 6A team in the Chicago area.

IMO, this is a much bigger upset. LWE was one of the top ranked teams in 8A . Sandburg came in at 1-4 and were pretty much blown out in all 4 losses. MC's loss, on the other hand, was to an Iggy team that is undefeated and might be the best 6A team in the Chicago area.
If you look at this year only that might be right. If you look at the history of the programs I don’t know…

Reactions: mullin17

Potato/Tomato
These two programs are both tops in Illinois every year. They both lost to programs that haven’t beaten them in like a decade or more. We can argue which it the bigger upset but really IMO it doesn’t matter both upsets were enormous.

Potato/Tomato
These two programs are both tops in Illinois every year. They both lost to programs that haven’t beaten them in like a decade or more. We can argue which it the bigger upset but really IMO it doesn’t matter both upsets were enormous.
I disagree. Based on this years results and teams, the Ignatius game wasn't really an upset.. The Sandburg win was the biggest upset I can remember. They are not even comparable. Previous years don't have anything to do with weather or not this years game was an upset.

If you look at this year only that might be right. If you look at the history of the programs I don’t know…
Sure, but the game was played by this year's team. If Iggy was 1-4, then I would agree. But if you look at it objectively, right now Ignatius is a better team than MC, therefore it's not really an upset. I would compare the Iggy game to the ND/Cinci game today. If Cinci wins, its not really an upset, but it will be one of the biggest wins in the programs history. Ignatius win was not as much of an upset as it was the biggest win in program history.

Potato/Tomato
9 decades for MC

Reactions: corey90
I disagree. Based on this years results and teams, the Ignatius game wasn't really an upset.. The Sandburg win was the biggest upset I can remember. They are not even comparable. Previous years don't have anything to do with weather or not this years game was an upset.
Ok but your kidding yourself if think the MC loss wasn’t an upset. You maybe the only one. Last week that’s all anyone was talking about because it was a shock and surprise to everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT