ADVERTISEMENT

SWSB talk

corey90

Aug 27, 2005
Crown Point, IN
This seems to be the most competitive start for this conference in a long time.
LWE, Lockport & Bradley all 3-0
Bolingbrook, Andrew, HF & Sandburg all 2-1

This week we will start to see who are the contenders and who are the pretenders.

LWE has a tough game at home this week with the high scoring Bradley. Question is will the East defense be able to slow down Bradley explosive offense?

• Haha
Reactions: Cross Bones
Never thought I'd see the day, @corey90 out here sandbagging. It'll be interesting to see if there will be the clear hierarchy or whether we get some team A beat B, team B beat C, and team C beat A scenarios.

Never thought I'd see the day, @corey90 out here sandbagging. It'll be interesting to see if there will be the clear hierarchy or whether we get some team A beat B, team B beat C, and team C beat A scenarios.
LMAO
No sandbagging, I am legitimately concerned with Bradley after last year’s game, plus how they have been scoring in their first 3 wins.

The entire Red is 3-1; this should be an interesting race

Sandburg with the shocking Lockport upset should make the fight for 2nd place a hell of a race and right now Eagles have a leg up on the competition.

The entire Red is 3-1; this should be an interesting race

Sandburg with the shocking Lockport upset should make the fight for 2nd place a hell of a race and right now Eagles have a leg up on the competition.
East still has Lockport, HF, Sandburg and your beloved Bolingbrook Raiders. This is going to be fun to see how it all plays out. It’s the most competitive I have seen in a long time. The SWSB teams should be battle tested for the playoffs.

Reactions: RockSoup
East still has Lockport, HF, Sandburg and your beloved Bolingbrook Raiders. This is going to be fun to see how it all plays out. It’s the most competitive I have seen in a long time. The SWSB teams should be battle tested for the playoffs.
I'm assuming everyone loses to East. Lockport was the odds on favorite for 2nd especially after dominating the #2 team in the DuKane. Now the Eagles have seized control of the #2 spot. I'll be watching to see how they do against LWC looking to get back on track. However, this could be the sleeping giant Sandburg everyone on the board has been talking about for years. The Sandburg that is the yearly semifinalist.

Jonas will pick apart the Lockport D. Sandburg OL is the real deal as are their QB and WR Snorek

Lockport was not expecting Sandburg to run the ball as well as they did. I agree the Sandburg OL is legit.

Jonas will pick apart the Lockport D. Sandburg OL is the real deal as are their QB and WR Snorek
Who knows. Didn't do it last year and the epic meltdown in the last 3 minutes of that game was the end of our season in my eyes.

Reactions: WIU78
Who knows. Didn't do it last year and the epic meltdown in the last 3 minutes of that game was the end of our season in my eyes.
That was a pretty epic melt down. So far Lockport opponents have put up 163, 330, 216, 300 yards of passing. Closing my eyes and hoping for the best against any passing heavy team for the rest of the season

• Angry
That was a pretty epic melt down. So far Lockport opponents have put up 163, 330, 216, 300 yards of passing. Closing my eyes and hoping for the best against any passing heavy team for the rest of the season
Bradley offense is already tooled to air it out when hosting the Porters on Friday. However, if Lockport gave it up on the ground against Sandburg, maybe the Boilers will go lower risk a bit more.

A great nugget from Soucie's latest story. All 10 teams in SWSC are above .500. Outstanding so far.
Beyond that is the stunner that 3 of 5 Red teams beat their Blue opponent on Friday. In each of the past few years, they were lucky to get 3 wins total for the whole season out of 15 crossovers games. This year only 10 cross-overs are scheduled and maybe the Red can steal 2 more wins out of 4 more match-ups.

Beyond that is the stunner that 3 of 5 Red teams beat their Blue opponent on Friday. In each of the past few years, they were lucky to get 3 wins total for the whole season out of 15 crossovers games. This year only 10 cross-overs are scheduled and maybe the Red can steal 2 more wins out of 4 more match-ups.
Good opportunity for LWC this week.

Who doesn’t long for the days when a Lockport vs. Lincoln-Way would be a verbal battleground on Edgy? It’s like pulling teeth to get any pulse from the Lockport faithful anymore.

Reactions: corey90
Who doesn’t long for the days when a Lockport vs. Lincoln-Way would be a verbal battleground on Edgy? It’s like pulling teeth to get any pulse from the Lockport faithful anymore.
Well when you haven't won the rivalry game in the last 19 varsity contests and have won 1 (ONE) game vs LWE at ANY level since 2005 ... it's hard to get up for a game that will be a running clock affair. I love Lockport but I know our place vs East ... Central and West is a different story

Well when you haven't won the rivalry game in the last 19 varsity contests and have won 1 (ONE) game vs LWE at ANY level since 2005 ... it's hard to get up for a game that will be a running clock affair. I love Lockport but I know our place vs East ... Central and West is a different story
There has to be a curse on the Porters vs LWE having won state the year they still lost to LWE at home in the regular season. I don’t have the answer Porter1997 other than the Lockport team showed the path to championship play to the Griffins after the back to back championships Lockport racked up back in the early 2000’s. I am hoping the string for the Griffins continues tonight at LP. Is there no Soph game before the varsity tonight?

Reactions: Porter1997
This is going to be a running clock. Season ended last week against LWW

There has to be a curse on the Porters vs LWE having won state the year they still lost to LWE at home in the regular season. I don’t have the answer Porter1997 other than the Lockport team showed the path to championship play to the Griffins after the back to back championships Lockport racked up back in the early 2000’s. I am hoping the string for the Griffins continues tonight at LP. Is there no Soph game before the varsity tonight?
Soph games at Lockport are now Saturday AM since COVID happened.

LWC sophs and Bolingbrook sophs teams are both suspended for this week. Quite a scuffle at game last week, benches cleared with punches thrown. Ugly.

Let’s make sure everyone is straight on this. The two teams suspended are Lincoln-Way Central and Bolingbrook. Not a good look for either team.

Looking down the road at the rest of the year, outside of LWE at the top and Stagg at the bottom (although much improved)- it seems like anyone could beat anyone else on any given Friday. Should be a fun ride.

Reactions: corey90
Looking down the road at the rest of the year, outside of LWE at the top and Stagg at the bottom (although much improved)- it seems like anyone could beat anyone else on any given Friday. Should be a fun ride.
This week, Bradley (only loss this season to LWE) @ 5-1 LWW (gave LWC its only loss) should be very revealing in the Red race.

This week, Bradley (only loss this season to LWE) @ 5-1 LWW (gave LWC its only loss) should be very revealing in the Red race.
Agreed, huge game. Bradley vs LWC will also be big. Playoff seed positioning at stake between those 3 depending on these outcomes.

Reactions: MKEDave
Who does everyone have? LWW or Bradley? I only have seen LWW in person but not Bradley. LWW has a solid D and can run the ball. I know Bradley only lost to east by 22 or something. I am going with
LWW 38 Bradley 35

Who does everyone have? LWW or Bradley? I only have seen LWW in person but not Bradley. LWW has a solid D and can run the ball. I know Bradley only lost to east by 22 or something. I am going with
LWW 38 Bradley 35
I’d also expect a close, high scoring game.

LWW 38 Bradley 35
I would also give West a slight edge based on the combination of being at home and Bradley's significant passing attack facing a 50-degree night with 10+ mph winds expected. Through 6 games the weather has been extremely favorable for throwing. West winning in OT @ LW Central is hard to ignore, also.

Reactions: southside74
Disagree.

Stagg bottom followed by HF then Brook. The next next group of teams seems evenly matched and anyone could win.

Reactions: stl705
do you get tired filling all those sandbags...lol?!
I've seen teams average probably over 300 yards rushing per game. No knock to these players but i think we all agree they aren't P5 recruits going to Alabama. I think it should be clear now there's no sandbags involved.

Reactions: MKEDave
I've seen teams average probably over 300 yards rushing per game. No knock to these players but i think we all agree they aren't P5 recruits going to Alabama. I think it should be clear now there's no sandbags involved.
I was just breaking...my kid plays for Lockport and I'm really not sure which team I will see each week. Right now they are out of rhythm- if they pull together could be tough out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT