ADVERTISEMENT

SWSB talk

Even though nobody asked, here are my "just for fun" picks for tonight's conference games:

LWE over H-F (but H-F will play them tough)
Sandburg over the Brook
Lockport over Andrew (homer pick)
LWC over Stagg
BB over LWW in a barnburner (toughest game to call IMO)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Reactions: Cross Bones
I will be curious to learn of any weather effects on the B-B passing game influencing the outcome.
I think all the rain should be past us within an hour. I saw cross winds 10-15 mph out of the west. Not terrible, but not as nice as it’s been up to this point.

I think LWW is a lot better than people think. I think they control the clock and win by two TDs. But I am also fully aware that I am talking out of my butt.

• Haha
Reactions: southside74
Even though nobody asked, here are my "just for fun" picks for tonight's conference games:

LWE over H-F (but H-F will play them tough)
Sandburg over the Brook
Lockport over Andrew (homer pick)
LWC over Stagg
BB over LWW in a barnburner (toughest game to call IMO)

Have a great weekend everyone!
4-1 is not too bad. LWW is having a great season. It was great to be watching a game with football weather.

Reactions: corey90
I was just breaking...my kid plays for Lockport and I'm really not sure which team I will see each week. Right now they are out of rhythm- if they pull together could be tough out.
The Jekyll and Hyde Porters

I was just breaking...my kid plays for Lockport and I'm really not sure which team I will see each week. Right now they are out of rhythm- if they pull together could be tough out.
Chances are good they will be able to run the ball effectively against Brook and H-F, so that is promising for LP.

Reactions: MKEDave
I'll give it another shot this week. Here are the conference outcomes for tonight:

LWE over Sandburg (and not really close; the Beast is gearing up to make a run)
LWW over HF- last week made me a believer
LWC over Andrew- another good night for the Lincolnway schools
BB over Stagg
LP over the Brook in a close one

Get the rain gear out everyone!

I'll give it another shot this week. Here are the conference outcomes for tonight:

LWE over Sandburg (and not really close; the Beast is gearing up to make a run)
LWW over HF- last week made me a believer
LWC over Andrew- another good night for the Lincolnway schools
BB over Stagg
LP over the Brook in a close one

Get the rain gear out everyone!
I hope you’re right. East’s offense hasn’t been as explosive as normal. Maybe they get it going. I don’t believe East will allow Sandburg to score much especially against the starters.

I hope you’re right. East’s offense hasn’t been as explosive as normal. Maybe they get it going. I don’t believe East will allow Sandburg to score much especially against the starters.
East is averaging 36.7 points per game. Not sure what you mean not explosive. When was their O more explosive other than maybe last year? Other notable O's Ave, Brook 36.2, Loyola 36.1, Bradley B 35, Batavia 35, Mt Carmel 33, Sandberg 29.2, Lockport 26.1, HF 27.4. Tonight will be a mess for any offense that plays.

East is averaging 36.7 points per game. Not sure what you mean not explosive. When was their O more explosive other than maybe last year? Other notable O's Ave, Brook 36.2, Loyola 36.1, Bradley B 35, Batavia 35, Mt Carmel 33, Sandberg 29.2, Lockport 26.1, HF 27.4. Tonight will be a mess for any offense that plays.
Maybe the wrong wording. To me it takes them a while to get going. East teams in the past were able to jump on teams in the 1st half and after halftime the 2nd string was playing. Last year and this year it seems to take them a bit to get going. IMO

Reactions: Cross Bones
Maybe the wrong wording. To me it takes them a while to get going. East teams in the past were able to jump on teams in the 1st half and after halftime the 2nd string was playing. Last year and this year it seems to take them a bit to get going. IMO
I miss the days of the 1st half running clock 😢

Reactions: WIU78 and corey90
This weeks picks. Time to go 5-0:

LWE @ Brook- good test for LWE's pass defense, but could be the Beast by a large margin
Stagg @ Sandburg- Sandburg is still the big brother in this contest
Andrew @ LWW- West in a close one
LWC @ BB- BB in a slight upset
HF @ Lockport- HF scares me, but home-cooking should get LP the win

Can't believe it is week 9 already! At least it is not supposed to rain!

LWE East runs over the Raiders D-Line pulls away in 2nd half
Sandburg and it’s not close
LWW and is not close
BB but it’s a toss up
HF upset the Porters close game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT