ADVERTISEMENT

Saint Francis vs Sterling

Sterling Warrior

Oct 25, 2016
Ironic these teams met in week 2 and now they meet in round 2 of the playoffs. If Sterling does not implement the passing attack they have shown they are capable of, this game could get ugly trying to run the ball. If they try running the ball up the middle every down they won’t stand a chance, throw first, run second, Throw it up for Kaden Phillips a lot ! Quick short passes and the occasional long ball. Run second, not when it’s 3rd and 10 only, They will need to mix it up. Then and only then could the game be close if they execute. They are capable. Last time these teams met I think SF went easy on us. Hopefully it’s a good game, Nothing would surprise me, If sterling plays like they did against Princeton it could be a running clock for SF if they play like they did against Quicy we could have a game!
SF dudes,
Hope you enjoy the ride west and enjoy our atmosphere. Eat at Angelo’s!

Ironic these teams met in week 2 and now they meet in round 2 of the playoffs. If Sterling does not implement the passing attack they have shown they are capable of, this game could get ugly trying to run the ball. If they try running the ball up the middle every down they won’t stand a chance, throw first, run second, Throw it up for Kaden Phillips a lot ! Quick short passes and the occasional long ball. Run second, not when it’s 3rd and 10 only, They will need to mix it up. Then and only then could the game be close if they execute. They are capable. Last time these teams met I think SF went easy on us. Hopefully it’s a good game, Nothing would surprise me, If sterling plays like they did against Princeton it could be a running clock for SF if they play like they did against Quicy we could have a game!
SF dudes,
Hope you enjoy the ride west and enjoy our atmosphere. Eat at Angelo’s!
Class act on this post!

I forgot to mention two other key factors in this game, I talked about the offense but Sterlings defense. will have to play hard and fast every play, they have shown they can, they will need to put pressure on SF QB. they have also had several key interceptions this year so a couple of those in this game would help their chances. Finally they can’t turn the ball over, last week they had two fumbles. That can’t happen. So if you put that all together, And that’s a lot to put together, we could have a game on our hands! My optimism grows stronger closer to Saturday. Did I see there was a story on 5A sleeper teams? Was Sterling one of them? I’m not a full fledge member so I could not read the article but thought the picture was them.

Reactions: stl705
Another factor in the game for Saturday is that Sterling just lost one of their better linebackers tonight and will not be able to play in Saturday’s game.

Going to be extremely difficult but, imo the only way for Sterling to win is to play like St. Rita did against SF and outplay them in Special Teams. Here’s my checklist:

1. Return a Kickoff/ Win ST. SF kickoff containment had some holes against St. Rita.

2. No Turnovers. I don’t think Sterling O is able to do a whole lot overall, but no Turnovers on offense will help.

3. Connect on a couple deep throws. Whether surprise or not, best way to score is to get lucky and catch them 1 on 1 deep and make plays.

4. Create a Turnover or 2 and capitalize. I don’t think you’re going to INT SF QB, but Sterling has to be looking for a strip sack or forced fumble on run plays.

Going to be extremely difficult but, imo the only way for Sterling to win is to play like St. Rita did against SF and outplay them in Special Teams. Here’s my checklist:

1. Return a Kickoff/ Win ST. SF kickoff containment had some holes against St. Rita.

2. No Turnovers. I don’t think Sterling O is able to do a whole lot overall, but no Turnovers on offense will help.

3. Connect on a couple deep throws. Whether surprise or not, best way to score is to get lucky and catch them 1 on 1 deep and make plays.

4. Create a Turnover or 2 and capitalize. I don’t think you’re going to INT SF QB, but Sterling has to be looking for a strip sack or forced fumble on run plays.
I’m not optimistic on Sterling special teams, probably won’t see a returned kick off.

sorry, didn’t see it was that big of a deal I see kids names all the time on this board, we will all know by tomorrow anyway But I apologize for whatever the reason for asking

Reactions: Checkdowncharlie
sorry, didn’t see it was that big of a deal I see kids names all the time on this board, we will all know by tomorrow anyway But I apologize for whatever the reason for asking
You see kids names mentioned for what they did on the field or at least something football related, not this.

Reactions: Gene K.
Name them but never to blame them. That applies to even on the field. Edgy banned me a few days years back for criticism of a Nazareth player and he was 100% right. This is a board for highlighting players.

Beating a team 2 times at their place over the course of 10 weeks is always a tough ask. Especially when it’s a long ride out there to play a program that’s been a stalwart in the playoffs for as long as I can remember.

SF is a much more developed and complete team than they were earlier in the season. I felt like after the Fenwick game, they’ve really put it together and the staff has done an excellent job. I think beating JCA to get the confidence rolling and then ICCP at the buzzer was when the lightbulb clicked.

I think SF knew they had a really good team after sweeping JCA, ICCP, and Rita…and then Naz showed them they are a championship caliber unit when they put it all together.

But they’ll have to show up and play well to beat Sterling. Stl’s overview for Sterling to win was spot on…control the clock and shorten the game, special teams, put pressure on SF QB, and force turnovers.

SF’s key…protect the QB and give him time, and let the rest fall into place.

Reactions: SGW08
I was told sterling will have two key defensive players out on Sat. One due to injury and the other as mentioned above. Their slim margin of error is slimmer.

I just saw the video of the fight, in my opinion the Player didn’t deserve to get suspended, from what I heard he was standing at the urinal and some kid came up and slapped him as he was pissing, the fight ensued and the player punched him in defense, kneed him like a MMA fighter and punched one more time, the other kid was done, he could have done far more damage but he stopped. The other kid started it. He shouldent have to just stand there getting hit. At least that’s what I was told. Too bad this kid had to mess with a football player, hope he learned his lesson.

Sterling has a lot of young players on their team. This was very much a learning season for a lot of players. I think they are going to be a younger team again next year also. Despite how this game goes for them, im glad they got 2 more weeks of practice and 2 more games of experience.

I just saw the video of the fight, in my opinion the Player didn’t deserve to get suspended, from what I heard he was standing at the urinal and some kid came up and slapped him as he was pissing, the fight ensued and the player punched him in defense, kneed him like a MMA fighter and punched one more time, the other kid was done, he could have done far more damage but he stopped. The other kid started it. He shouldent have to just stand there getting hit. At least that’s what I was told. Too bad this kid had to mess with a football player, hope he learned his lesson.
So many questions. Where did the video come from? Were kids recording on their phones? Watching video from inside a high school boys bathroom may put you on some sort of list.

If that is true I would agree that seems like a BS suspension. Slapping someone as they're pissing 110% deserves a punch in the face.

So many questions. Where did the video come from? Were kids recording on their phones? Watching video from inside a high school boys bathroom may put you on some sort of list.
Ha ha, evidentially the video is going around from someone that walked in on the middle of it and started recording

I think SF knew they had a really good team after sweeping JCA, ICCP, and Rita…and then Naz showed them they are a championship caliber unit when they put it all together.
This reads "And then Naz lulled them into a false sense of confidence when they let them win knowing they'd beat them when it really mattered in the semis"

So the plan really IS working...nice!

Sterling has a lot of young players on their team. This was very much a learning season for a lot of players. I think they are going to be a younger team again next year also. Despite how this game goes for them, im glad they got 2 more weeks of practice and 2 more games of experience.
i'm not convinced that matters (the extra practice) if you don't have the horses to begin with.

Reactions: gw86
In the spirit of highlighting players…do any of the SF people know who #70 the lineman is? Wasn’t starting or playing early in the year, and then has worked his way into the rotation and played *very* well. Was in at LT for some critical drives against IC and more than held his own. That kid deserves some praise.

Not on the roster on Maxpreps…is he a freshman or sophomore?

Listening to coaches talk in the past, the extra practices and games do wonders for the underclassmen.

In the spirit of highlighting players…do any of the SF people know who #70 the lineman is? Wasn’t starting or playing early in the year, and then has worked his way into the rotation and played *very* well. Was in at LT for some critical drives against IC and more than held his own. That kid deserves some praise.

Not on the roster on Maxpreps…is he a freshman or sophomore?
Number change perhaps?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT