ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor Mill....January 25th revised....

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Hearing more and more rumblings about the Thorns opting to leave the Southwest Suburban conference. No word yet on a conference home but I gotta think Southland?

Naperville North 2018 QB Drake Davis added a Preferred Walk On offer yesterday from Illinois. He will visit early next week and I'll be stunned if he doesn't accept it. He made one official visit to EIU , yet has always said from early on that he wants a chance to play at the big level. Looking at the current Illinois QB situation (Cam Thomas is the lone scholarship QB on the roster) it could become a nice move for Davis. We all know that Drake can throw it as well as anyone in this class....and if he goes that route I'll say right now he would have a chance to challenge for playing time.

It's becoming pretty obvious that if you are a 2018 kid who had pre signing day offers didn't sign early in December...it's costing you. Besides the usual academic issue kids at this time of the year several others remain uncommitted with very little options. Some really good players and names still out there....and I'm hearing more and more rumblings about the prep school route etc. Sadly with just one Juco in state playing football (DuPage) options are even more limited now than ever before. My guess is you will see more than a few big names either "settle" for lower level offers.

Why? Several factors for me including parents/kids either rolling the dice and being told "we will offer you after signing day" then get left behind, parents/kids being "too good" for lower level offers and options along with just getting caught with their pants down and not paying closer attention to the issues involved with the new early signing day.

Lots of bad advice out there now more than ever before to say the least.

Looking for one longtime ESCC power to announce a Week 1 matchup against a longtime CCL Power soon....and no it won't be at Soldier Field either. (was announced later today St. Rita at JCA Week 1).

DGN position and candidates? Hearing a ton of names and a very wide range from in house candidates to veteran guys including a few veteran college coaches and some not so veteran college coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News